Blackmores Garden

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 16:57
sounds like your gonna have some real nice smoke in a couple months man im psyched
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 19:12
Originally posted by blackmore

damn, picking out a discreet place to grow is a hassle. All these security variables are constantly giving me a headache

I hear you bro. My entire life for the last month or so has been a constant re-evaluation of where I'm gonna be living, what growing I can do there, what changes I'd need to make to not get caught...

Even now I know where I'm growing, and know that I'll have a pretty free run at setting up two good spaces, I'm still stressing the details. It seems like everything you do to improve or expabd your grow creates additional headaches to be tackled.

I'll be glad when it's all set up and rolling again. Be so much easier if the law wasn't such utter bollocks.
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 21:04
ya nemo, the continual need for setup improvements over time is one of the biggest probs.

i make sure my room is setup right from the beginning, so i wouldnt have to make any changes later, except move lights. Gotta have hangers all over the grow area so the lights can be placed anywhere.

Still, theres nothing like smoking homegrown. All these headaches seem well worth it if the crops a good one.  the things we do for mary jane, its amazing!
ASDER View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote ASDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 22:45
but isnt it better than buying sh*t off dealersand being ripped off.at least you know what you are tokin with homegrown.i agree with you nemo - the law is bollocks !!!!!!!!!!

Asder%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf
Live and Learn!
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2009 at 21:25
alright!  7 out of ten seeds have germinated. in 96hrs
I planted the strawberry haze seeds within 36 hours. Them is some good quality seeds.
germinated real easy and fast. even though they are atleast a yr old.

and im happy to see one of my superskunks germinate. shes home bred. my first.
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 15:28
this is strange. Ive been able to plant 3 seeds out of 8 that have germinated so far. (in 1 week)  The other 5 seem to be stuck in time. The seedling roots are too small to plant. none of them are growing for 4 days now. 

anyone know why this happens and what can i do to encourage em to grow.

btw, 2 S-haze plants and 1 indoor mix are growing fine after planting.
the indoor mix plant is growing at a phenomenal rate compared to the S-haze.

alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 16:18
i recently had the same happen, i think they got alittle to most and rot the inside so you still see a tiny taproot that looks healthy but on the inside they may be toast id say just let them go see if they do anything but be prepared they may not do anything
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 20:34
i think you're right alky, a few of them have that wierd smell going.
So ive changed the paper towels. any remedies?

planted one of the stalled seeds yesterday. this one had a comparatively longer root. im hoping soil does it good.
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 23:48
i have no remedies for this other than toss it out and start some new.
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 21:05
ok, so now ive gotten a little impatient.

Im getting really bad germination rates. 3 out of 10 seeds have germinated successfully (like i posted earlier) The other seeds still show no sign of growth. Ive potted them all now.

only 1 out of 6 indoor mix seeds germinated. (which btw is growing real fast)

ganja, whatsup with this? I bought an outdoor mix for my last grow, even that germinated horribly. I do everything by the book and all. bad luck?

both strawberry haze seeds germinated.

so now Ive put ALL my seeds in germination. 23 of them.
I should endup with 5 strawberry hazes for sure.
im scared to see how the remaining 18 indoor mix seeds germinate. got my fingers crossed.

if these dont do well, i will be posting a complaint to sensi for sure.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 00:41
Bad luck man. I've had this with jack flash seeds, and a few others varities. Most recently a white widow/big bud, cracked and then just stopped.

The getting too moist thing and rotting the inside is a good hypothesis.
Green-Thumb Growing
carebear View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carebear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 09:24
its the part of growing i hate, not knowing how many of them expensive beans are going to germinate. Bought beans in the past (not sensi) and only had 2 out of 10 germ, and they turned out to be male, what a nightmare.

blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 15:16
that sucks urabus. seems like you and i have similar luck.

Ok i took a pic of my germination process to document it incase i need to complain to sensi.
here are the indoor mix seeds (18 left) soaked in water for 12 hours before moving to napkins.

and i found some OLD seeds. These guys are atleast 9 yrs old. didnt bother to count.
i doubt any will germinate. got my fingers crossed.

thelynx View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote thelynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 16:57
so with my last grow i was doing the whole paper towel thing and i really wasnt having too much luck..so i decided to try a different method and i just dropped the seed into a little container of bottled water and when it sinks it is supposedly ready to go or when the root pops..and it's worked really quickly and all the seeds i have tried it with has worked so far..but i also have read that it can ruin the seed if you leave it in there too long..double edged sword
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2009 at 20:14
ya, i do the same. This time i cut the time from 24 to 12 hours for soaking the seeds.

im trying to be real careful with these seeds, since thats all i have left.
and getting new ones is gonna be a big hassle.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>