White Label White Gold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 10:42
Looked like a few others had changed to, but I couldn't quite work out which. There seemed to be a few more beginning with "white" than there used to be, maybe I'm imaging it though!
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 10:50

yeh i thought that too nemo, lol

i find it funny that the write up for the white gold has no mention of the blueberry.

BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 11:01
Yeah I thought that - I mean blueberry's pretty well known as a strain so I would have thought pointing out that it was blueberry would only be good marketing, I suppose there are a lot of versions of blueberry out there though so maybe not, I guess those in the know will know that it's blueberry anyway, and those not in the know might be more likely to buy it because it appears more exclusive than a strain under the same name as several other seed companies.

No Turn Unstoned
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 14:58
I'm pretty sure there have been the same number of 'White' names since the newest WL fem strains were released (a year or two ago).
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 18:03
i dont doubt it ganja, mate,
just when i looked they just seemed to be everywhere, lol.

BM weed%20leaf 
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2008 at 18:17
The reason i was thinking the WL prices had gone up. Is because it is the only seedbank on the site, that has changed price. But its most likely just a matter of time before the rest go up.

I didn't make that statement as a dig at sensi. Just a general moan that i'll have to pay more next time.

Though all this talk above about the description not even mentioning blueberry, is slightly worrying. I know you say the genetics havn't changed. And i am assuming the genetics are mostly blueberry, given the strains past names.

But why would you not mention the fact this is meant to be a WL take on bluberry? It's the reason i got it in the first place. I would never have bought it, if it was called white gold and made no mention of BB.

Now that i've tried it, i will definatly buy it again. But it seems a strange descion to disassociate the strain from BB. As less people might be interested in it.

It also has me wondering how much BB is actually in it.

Do you know what strain/cultivar the mother, and female pollen donor are Ganja?

Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 17:10
The name white gold, is quite apt for this strain. I'll try and take a snap later. The pistills are a really brilliant white colour, like snow, and looks amazing against the dark green leafs.

I am still interested to know if the mother of this strain is a blueberry. And would also like to know what strain the female pollen donor was, if possible.

Are you able to disclose this information to us Ganja?

I want to know if it is a true blueberry strain. Because if not, i would like to try another blueberry strain. I still want to grow this, as it is excellent, and i think the yield and denseness this 2nd time round, is going to be a huge improvement.. The best WL strain i've grown. But if it isn't a proper blueberry., i'd like to try one that is.

This white gold though, is great. Its infact very easy to grow. You just dont feed it any nutes, apart from additives, like algamic and bud-xl. That seems enough for it, as we go into the 6th week. It is starting to yellow, ever so slightly, so i may add a touch of grow or bloom, next feeding.

Will try and take a picture that does it justice later.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 17:51
Please do post the pic if possible (and enter it into the Flowering photo contest while you're at it).

The regular version of BB/WB/WG is unchanged.

How the fem version was made, I can't be sure. I'd imagine it was the mother of the regular strain, with pollen from a forced female-to-male selected Blueberry (probably not selfed).

Why the complete name change and the move away from any mention of Blueberry? Probably that there are so many Blueberry-based strains or references to the strain in hybrid names that it's become a bit generic.

Also, while Blueberry has a very good reputation, it also comes with some baggage to those in the know, as a rather finicky strain at times.

Finally, since any properly stabilised strain is going to vary from one breeder to the next, depending on the particular parents, it was probably felt that WL Bleuberries/White Gold is a good enough hybrid to stand on its own merits, without referencing its ancestor.

Really, the name game played with cannabis strains is a source of constant amusement and/or frustration.

WL's original lineup was named partly in response to the all-too-common practice of new breeders rebranding well-known strains from other breeders with fashionable new names (or, equally, the applying of well-known names to new and unknown hybrids).

It's interesting how much a name change can affect the perception of a strain, even when the genetic makeup remains unchanged.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 18:42
That's cool. It's definatly a great strain, and i quite like the name. It has a fruity smell and taste, with a slight hint of sourness, just like real blueberries. But the pistills are incredibly white. A real beauty. There is frost creeping onto the large fan leaves at some places even.

This didnt happen last time,when the leafs were yellowing and dying off. I very much like growing it. Because in contradiction, to the rumours that blue strains are picky. Its very easy to grow. Just fill  up with water, and away you go. And every now and again, a touch of algamic and bud-xl. There's no messing about measureing the grow and bloom, and i dont even bother checking the EC, as it has so little. So its the quikcest and easiest to grow right now.

My mrs absolutely loved it. And it is among my top smokes too. I wish i could clone it easier. But it's more than worth the cash. I actually looked at the site i buy them from today, and they are now only £42. So only a £7 rise. It was £45 before. Its still listed as blueberries there. As i guess the stock they bought will still have the blueberries name on it.

Its funny you say about the original names, being in retalliation for other breeders ripping of your strains. The other two of my favourite strains, are both sensi strains, sold under a different name. Though they do say exactly what the parents are in their description, so they aren't hiding it.

I have two of the selfed black dominas in flower now, and i bought another 7 of the seeds, its so good. The black jack was probably the best weed i've ever smoked. But they had sold out, and i didnt clone it. So i cant grow it again, until its back in stock. Though my mates mrs is going to amsterdam for a week, and he is telling her to grab some of the sweetseed blackjack from somewhere. Hopefully, they sell it over in the shops there.

And aswell as that, my CH9 Flower, from Mendocino, has ERSB/JH/PP from sensi as its female pollen donors. I'm hoping this turns out to be great aswell. All the fem sensi stuff i try, is incredible.

Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 18:44
Yeah I find the names thing very interesting (I mean the general point). I think a lot of seedbanks don't do themselves any favours with this, especially all the bloody jack hoarder/jock horrer/jeck harer kind of derivates, it just makes them look (to me at least) like wannabes.

I'd love to be able to put together a cannabis family tree for the main seed suppliers showing the relations between who's ripped what from each other's genetics, and even on to the actual or presumed geographic origins of the mothers and fathers that have been preserved and crossed to give us our seeds today.

No Turn Unstoned
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 18:49
I don't so much mind breeders making crosses, or fem beans using great strains from other breeders. Aslong as they say what was used in the cross. I allways like to know what strain the mother and father are.

Aswell as that, it's cheaper, most of the time. So while you're not getting the original, you're still getting some top drawer stuff. And i'm hooked on fem beans. I can't be bothered wasting time on males anymore. The space, soil, elec. Fems are great, for me for the time being.

I do have a strain called sweet duchess i want to try which are regular. But ive so much going on, i never have the room.
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2008 at 18:58
With you on that mate, it's the same desire to know that leads me to want the family tree...

Your sweetseeds Black Jack is the perfect example for me - it just couldn't be much clearer what's going on there if they didn't say in the description, but it still manages to not just sound like a cheap imitator (and evidently smokes the same!)

No Turn Unstoned
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 22:09
My sister has borrowed my SD card reader. So i cant upload pics to my laptop at the moment.

This beauity is starting to show a couple of brow pitills now. I chopped the last day 66. A nice shirt flowering one, that for me.

As soon as i get it back, i;ll get the pictures up. It had its first feed of monster bloom yesterday, with 3ml algamic, 1ml bud-xl, and 3/4ml of grow per litre. As it was starting to yrllow a tiny bit, Is looking real good. I think this one is going to be on a par with the Black Jack.

The fimmed one from seed, also has a very fruity smell. Even more so than my cutting. Loving this strain.

bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2008 at 23:11
look forward to the pics solid,

ive got a question for you tho,
who makes the bud xl your using? and do you use it instead of  top max?

cheers mate, BM weed%20leaf
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2008 at 05:45
House and Garden Van de Zwann. I think that's right. Search House & Garden nutes and you'll find them.

As far as i'm concerned, this company is the cats whiskers. The Roots Excelurator is unparalled. Does everything all the other root boosters do, better, plus more. Never seen such thick, white roots on tiny plants with this stuff.

The Bud-xl i use instead of top max aye. Its great stuff. Organic according to H&G site. Though i'd use it anyway. It kicks topmax into touch. And i've never had a bad taste. You only use 1ml per litre aswell, the whole time. Never more, so lasts ages, and is quite cheap, £15 for 500ml. I only start adding it once flowers are showing, about week 3, until flush.

I currently use it with griwtek monster bloom, which is probably my favourite additive apart from alga-mic. Its the only non-organic thing i use. But it wirks very well. Start adding 0.3grams per litre week 4-5, until two weeks before chop.

I won't be buying monster bloom next time though, as uood as it is. I am getting the H&G Shooting Gel. Which is desinged to be used with the bud-xl and multizyme i have.

Its newly brought out. It was only sold as Shooting Powder before. But the sachets of powder ciuld not be stored once opened, and were sufficient for 5 gallons of water each. Way too much for the small gardener.

But there were such great results with it. They've made it into a gel, smalltime growers can use. So thats my next purchase, And i expect it to beat even monster bloom.

H&G have a proffessor in every type of plant science, working on making their stuff the best there is. And all i've tried has wiped the floor with the competition. I just wish they did an organic grow/bloom base nute selection, to go with my R.E, multizyme, bud-xl and shooting gel. Id be running all H&G then,bwhich i'd be more than happy to do.

Oh...can't forget alga-mic. Never stop using that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>