Afghani #1 Grow Diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 22:10
Oh mate I really enjoyed your high report, thats just what I need!
lost my job and having to sell the house! would be nice not to think about it for a few hours lol

cracking report sir
get that sun on it :-)
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 22:51
Dude no, that sucks major major balls! I'm only just about keeping the roof over my head myself at the minute to be honest, if I lost my job I'd be royally screwed.

Sympathy for you mate, for what good it'll do you. Disapprove
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 22:57
no worries Nemo, just life and anyway 3 kids and another on the way certainly concentrates my efforts so I'll get something sorted :-)

a good spliff will help me formulate a plan lol

Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 23:08
Well, in that spirit I've just given up on waiting to have enough money to sort out my ventilation and ordered a new extractor and some extra fans. Puts me further into the overdraft but that'll force me to get off my arse and generate the cash I need rather than waiting for something to turn up...

It should nearly double the airflow through the growspace so that's gotta help with the temps, and I'm hoping that the plants will benefit from the extra fresh air as well.

No Turn Unstoned
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 00:09
yeah that should help , its in me current grow that i have finally accepted how much temps affect the growth rate, my lady still needing a little longer to be finished and we started around the same time!

I just had a quick flick back thru your post and I couldn't find if u did change to 4 red cfl's for flowering?

its just that my plants vegged fine under red (well they worked at least) and I wondered if u flowered under blue or red :-)
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 00:15
Hey dude, yeah I flowered under all red. I was planning on putting some blue bulbs in occasionally to vary the spectrum but she always seemed happy under just the red so I didn't bother in the end.

No Turn Unstoned
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 04:00
Originally posted by Nemo

I'd actually forgotten that there was weed out there that just sat you back on the sofa with a big fat grin on your face, not caring or thinking too much about anything at all apart from why you didn't go and get the biscuits earlier while you could still move your legs.

I think I am in love ... with the buds that is Clown

Enjoy the fruits of your labour Nemo.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 08:52
top smoke report dude,
and as shane says, excellant report on the high mate Wink

@ shane, hope you get sorted man, ive got 2 kids and 1 on the way, so i know how much of an insentive that is to do it, good luck mate.

BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 21:20
Thanks people, it's hard to find words describe these things, so it took me a while but was a good excuse to sit and smoke a few joints - all for research purposes on your behalf of course high

Here's the topped clones at 12/12 day 9:

Not much to report, new extractor is still yet to be delivered, in the meantime to control temps I've been using a combination of good luck (no really hot days for a while) and about 4 litres of ice a day in the growroom! Just about keeping things under 30 but without the better extractor if we have a hot night it's gonna climb way beyond that...

No Turn Unstoned
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 13:44
Well, looks like I'm gonna be offline for a week or so now guys, just found out I've hit my data limit on the broadband and already spent over £25 on top of my monthly fee. The overdraft swells further, looks like it's nna be a damn quiet end to the month, but at least I've got piles of Afghani bud to keep me occupied...

See y'all in July Wink

No Turn Unstoned
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 13:52
Ouch, that stings a bit. Take care, roll one and enjoy the Solstice.

sara lou weed%20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 15:07
yes not fair, had an extra 50 quid on my phone bill this month from just checking emails! my operator hadn't sorted out the web bolt-on!

honestly, I thought computers were gonna make everything easier with less mistakes , these days I'm calling customer services every month about one bill or another :-)
rant over lol
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 15:30
Cheers guys... thankfully there's no-one else at work today so I can get online here to indulge my internet cravings. I can't even blame the ISP really, I go over the data limit just about every month but this is the first time they've charged me. But then that's the problem - 'cos they never charged me I stopped paying attention to how much I'd used and didn't notice 'til too late!

Aaaanyway.... girls are looking good, have given the two in flower a good cropping of the lower branches and they seem to have responded fine... not even 2 weeks into flower yet but there's pistils coming up all over the place - it seems to be much quicker to start flowering than the original mother was (I assume this is becuase they are more mature (genetically - their age plus the original mothers age when the clones were taken)?

The third affie (the mutant - not in flower) is going fine too, She eventually grew out of her mutation and into a more standard alternating nodes pattern, so I topped her as well, and am keeping her in veg as my ongoing "mother".

Got my bagseed delivery yesterday too, but not holding out much hope for them now - they are a decent size but look very pale, not brown at all (think I read somewhere that this was a sign that they hadn't fully matured?)... ah well, chucked 6 of them into the wet paper towels so we'll see what happens. If none of those germ then I'll be on the lookout for a nice cheap (i.e 30 quid or less) non-feminised strain to cross with the current afghani, if anyone has any suggestions?

No Turn Unstoned
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 23:07

hey nemo, hows the affie smoking?

ive just got back from a couple of days fishing, and the mate who i went with had some of his affie that he's just recently grown, top weed maan, you must be loving it mate. im gunna have to grow me some of that i think so%20high

enjoy BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2008 at 16:47
Dude, she is smoking just lovely... getting stronger (or so it seems) after a bit more time in the jars. My buddy with the bagseeds came down to see me and I gave him a wee bit to take home and apparently he basically passed out after sampling it. high LOL it's not even like he's normally a lightweight, we've both been smoking habitually for over a decade!

As I said before it's not the most creative high in the world, but it suits me fine as most of the reason I use it is for insomnia anyway- definitely gonna keep her going as a mother plant. Would definitely recommend growing them - especially for the price they are. The only downside I've found so far is it does make you a bit tweaky the morning after.

Good news from the grow is that my new extractor finally turned up this week, nearly broke my back installing the damn thing (the carbon filter is a bit of a monster!) but now the temperatures on hotter days are maxing out at 28/29 rather than 32/33, and I need to stay up all night to confirm this, but I think its hitting its max for a shorter period of time than with the old extractor too.

Bad news is the bagseeds I've put in to germ don't want to crack, it has only been about four days, but I'm pretty sure they are not going to be viable. Ah well, can't complain considering they were free, and have only tried germing 7, got about another 50 to go!

Don't know if I said before but when I gave the flowering girls a good trim of the lower branches I kept the better looking 5 cuts as clones - not even sure if I have any use for them if they root at the minute but I figured since they were only gonna get thrown out anyway I might as well try and root them if only for the practice.

Pics of everything as soon as my ISP bandwidth limit resets itself...

No Turn Unstoned
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>