Multi-Strain Perpetual Grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 04:37
Thank you El-Cezar. I appreciate the kind words. Its a shame my mrs doesnt share your admiration for my love of cannabis.

I pulled a male today. I'm getting very adept at telling male pre flowers now. Its very easy once you've seen then a few times. I have another which i'm allmost certain is male aswell, but its only just starting to show, so i'll give it some more time, i dont want to get too confident in my own ability, and throw away a female.

Both of these plants are apollo11's. None of my other plants, are showing any pre flowers yet. Though i'm having a little sporting bet with myself that ive got one male and one female out of the two fast blast.

My reasoning for this, is one of the plants, its a taller, less branchy plant, and the other, a short, stout, bushy plant. I'm guessing that the taller is the male, and the short bushy one the female, because i would imagine natural selection, would have made the males taller, to drop their polen over the short, bushy females, who pick it up in their many branches.

Who knows though, i might be totally wrong. We'll see. It at least keeps me entertained for a few days. LoL.
Green-Thumb Growing
el_cezar View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote el_cezar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 05:06

You may be right ..male are biger and less branchy so keep a good eye on the big oneAngry ... now if you work with clons in the future you have less chances of a hermi clon to appear and you could fit in your space up to 20 of your desire strein and cheese up!!!!loving%20ithighhighhighso%20high

YOU WANA PLAY ROUTH AHH??.......OK"......"SAID HELLO TO MY LITTE FRIEND"............
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 18:56
solid man your set up is looking great now!!

gonna invest in an envirolight myself!! how much did she set you back??
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 20:05
They are £40 at growell. But i cant order from there, as i want delivery to an address that is not on my bank statement.

So i had to fork out £65 at the local hydroshop. They threw in some easi-rollers and root riot cubes for free aswell, so not so bad, i suppose.
Green-Thumb Growing
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 21:55
solidopc, this is a fascinating thread, thank you so much for sharing
get that sun on it :-)
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 22:00

Thanks fellas.

Last night, i popped another 4 seeds. And will keep doing either 4 seeds,or 4 cuttings, every 2 weeks from now on.

My chosen seeds were 2 black jack fems (black dominaxjack herer), and 2 sensi jack flash. A little test run with the flash, before i plant the other 8.

How long should i veg the flash? I would like a plant about 120cm at finish.
Green-Thumb Growing
crazyirish View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote crazyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 18:56
if they grow like jack herror then put them to flower at about 15 inches
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2008 at 20:00
Cool, OK,i'll stick them in at about 12-15 inches. And the black jacks too.

Still waiting on them to pop the cubes.

Just picked up half ounce of big buddha cheese, and half ounce of shiva skunk. The shiva skunk is a nicer smoke in my opinion than the buddha cheese.

Also i have ordered 5 white label blueberry fems, and 10 white label skunk#1 fems. Plus nirvana afghani. Which ive heard some good stuff about, and seen some aswesome pictures of also.
Green-Thumb Growing
crazyirish View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote crazyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 18:26
well at the moment ive just harvest about 9 oz of white label jack herror, got 3 fem el nino in veg along side 2 fem nevilles haze, goin to germ  3 dutch passion blue berry soon and get a nice mother on the go,

also been thinking of getting cheese but havent decided on the female version from greenhouse or normal from big buddha any reconmendations?
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 19:48
The greenhouse version is a selfed big buddha cheese i believe, so its basically the same thing as big buddha. They also do fems now of big buddha cheese aswell themselves.

I was looking at dutch passion blueberry, because i'm told that they use the same genetics as dj short. But i've also heard a few horror stories of dutch passion fems, and that heink (i think thats his name) is a bit of an ass.

So i thought that the white label must be from good stock themselves.

On that note, would Ganja perhaps know what the genetics of the white label blueberry are? Are the mother planbts selected from dj short seeds? Or some other blueberry source?

Blueberry is the nicest weed ive ever smoked. I'm not sure whos blueberry it was, but it was fantastic. The taste was second to none.

The big buddha cheese is a nice smoke, quite strong, nice taste, more relaxing than the shiva skunk, which is quite racy and up i find.

It was also chopped early, so it could perhaps be even better. I am sure the real cheese will piss all over it though.

My chosen mother is still not even big enough to provide cuttings. I could take two or three, but it would reduce the plant back to a midget. So i'll have to wait another few weeks to it to get to a nice size. Good things come to those who wait!
Green-Thumb Growing
cashcrop View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote cashcrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 21:31
hi solidopc

i am growing the dp blueberry (regular seeds) and i would only grow this from cuttings(well established),  the seeds do germinate well but some never grow past there first pair of leaves ( becoming mutated). i have read alot of info regarding these seeds and have found the info to be right. i do hear that the dj blueberry is alot more stable than the dp.

i would like to see what the outcome of the white lable blueberry to see if it has some of these deformed growth patterns in it. could this be because of the genetics or is it just how the plants are?

good luck with the grow  sol :)

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 21:40
Blueberry is known for being a mutant, and slow grower i read. But can yield well, when given enough time in veg, and grown well.

I'm really hoping the white label blueberry is a good one. I dont see why it shouldnt be.
Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 23:30
Some pics. First upis the apollo11 triploid female, from the side, and from the top.

Then we have my freaky, slow growing, mutant new york city diesel seedling. With a really thin leaf one side.

Next up are my female black domina, with yellow dots on its leaves. I'm not sure what this is. I think perhaps i might have ph'd my water a little low. I will be investing in a digital metre soon.

Next two are my fast blast female from the side and from the top. Nice looking plant this, and i hope its size when flowering makes up for my poor male/female ratio. Afroman recommends flowering 12/12 from seed, or just a couple of weeks veg. This one was 12 inches when it went in. So i'm hoping for a big ass plant.

Last is veg central. My momma cheese at the back right, along with three other cheese cuttings, that will go into flower when they reach approx 12 inches. My fem black domina and new york city diesel.

I've just ordered another enrivlite lead and connecter, and 125watt buld on ebay. No reflector, but i dont want one, as when my current light is down low on the seedlings and cuttings, it isnt giving much light to my cheese mum, who is higher up.

So i'll be suspending this light directly above my cheese mum, so she is getting plenty of light from the top.

Also ordered a contacter with built in timer, as i do the lights by hand at themo. And some 15cm square pots, 20c,m deep. Approx 3-5-4litres. I can fit a good lot of these in my veg space, and i think i can grow a plant to a decent size in them, before final pot for flowering. I dislike repotting all the time, due to laziness, and not wanting to stress the plants. So they will go from root riots, to these 4 litre pots, then into the 12's a couple of weels before they flower.

I will also use some of these pots to flower plants 12/12 from seed, as side fillers.

Another item i bought was a hygrometre. I have no idea of my humidity at the moment, so this will help me i hope. 

Green-Thumb Growing
cashcrop View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote cashcrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 02:39
hi solidopc,

it is a shame for the blueberry to be known for being mutant. but ur very right when you say about the harvest.
i have all faith in the white label blueberry and would also like to try this one day.

you have a nice set up there solid hope to see the finished results of these plants....... as bin wachin them grow from small lolTongue 

anyways man nice workThumbs%20Up
To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 03:08
Thanks mate. I've emailed white label also to ask about their blueberry. Hopefully, them and Ganja can fill us in, on the genetic make up of the white label blueberry.

Should be here early this week the seeds, and will plant a couple right away, as i am anxious to grow blueberry.

My two jack flash, and two black jack seedlings, are still in the root riots. No sign of them yet, but only been 48 hours now.

I'm excited for the flash too. Cant wait to try these smokes out.
Green-Thumb Growing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>