Multi-Strain Perpetual Grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multi-Strain Perpetual Grow
    Posted: 06 January 2008 at 01:16
Here are my five exo pyschosis cuttings. Happy in their new home in my cleaned out budbox.

They have been in there for 3 days now. I hope they survive, allthough, they have had a rouch start to life, riding the british postal system.

They do look ok at the mo though. I've watered them with a mild canna trichoderma solution, and havnt touched them since.

Keeping them company, are the yet to sprout four Apollo11 f2's, and two Afropips Fast Blast.

Everyone wish my clones luck in their rooting.

Peace. Edit : LoL, so stoned off my kush i forgot to add the pictures! Doh!

Green-Thumb Growing
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 16:24
best of luck mate!!! i just cleaned out my crystal catcher and i'm completely arse ways... have to back into work now... whichh should be interesting!!
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
cashcrop View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote cashcrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 18:22
hi solidopc,

good luck with the cheese cuttings

i am very interested to see how these get on :)

i have smoked that cheese b4 and it's not bad at all.

are they in those root riot cubes if so are they better than the rockwool.

cu

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
cheesehead View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cheesehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 19:09
i wish your cheese luck ,  how long u vegging them for ?? cant wait to see the final bud after 10 to 12 weeks flower
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 20:29
They are in root riot cubes yes.

If only one clone roots, it will be grown into a mother plant. Anymore that root, will be chucked into flower with the fast blast and apollo11.

I plan to clone the apollo11's also, and if any of them are particulary nice after harvest, i'll keep a mother of that alongside the cheese for a while, until i find something better again.

Thanks for the encouragement. Myself and the clones appreciate it.
Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2008 at 21:15
Interesting. For me anyway. I was just reading up on the origins of Apollo11.

And what i found suprised me hugely. I thought Apollo11 was a strain, that had been created out of nothing, like many of sensis strains.

But, apprently, the seeds that produced the first Apollo11, and conicidently, Ice Princess aswell, were found in a bud of Jack Herer, bought at the Sensi Smile cafe.

The seeds were only found very deep in the bud, so they hypothosize that it was pollinated by a freak early maturing Jack Herer, that was missed by the breeders.

Really interesting stuff, and shows, all the good stuff comes from Sensi!
Green-Thumb Growing
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 10:56
Interesting, I didn't know that origin for Apollo11.

As far as Sensi's influence on the cannabis seed market ... it's large to say the very least. Some Sensi breeders who have been around since day one see the influence everywhere.

It's worth noting that there are quite a few ex-Sensi employees to be found among the founders and important breeders of well-known seed companies.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
sir promixalot View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sir promixalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 17:18
C99 also comes form this seeded JH bud. I find it amusing that people are saying the ERSB is a C99 cross or "copy". Why would the breeders at Sensi need to plagerize their own work of a decade earlier? Anyway, the Cheese is amazing smoke. YOu can tell she's SK#1, but extra dank. You're lucky to have those cuts, enjoy....
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 17:44
Aye, very interesting. I've heard people say on other forums, that ERSB isnt worth growing because its an unproven strain.

I cant think of any other strain that has had more years of work go into making it. So why after all this time, would sensi release a load of rubbish?

I also read somewhere that the guy who runs dutch passion was a sensi employee one day, and the next had set up dutch passion, and was not a very trustworthy individual. Dont know how much truth there is in that though.
Green-Thumb Growing
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 21:29
Belated good luck to you and your babies... Sending all the good waves I can your way. Nearly finished my first grow now, and plan on doing one or two more from seed for the experience but after that I'm looking to get a setup running with a mother and clones so will be interested to see how yours turn out.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 21:35
Another seed has popped up. Its a Fast Blast. Currently that one and one Apollo11 above the ground.

Whats the norm for people here when taking care of clones?

Do you guys mist your clones everyday? Or do you just mist the dome? Or both? Or neither?

And any other little tips on how to keep these girls as happy as can be?
Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2008 at 23:45
Picture of the clones day 5 i think. Still no roots as far as i can see. knowing my lick , they wont bloody root.

The other pic is two fast blast and one apollo11 f2, that were showing a little root at the bottom of their plugs, so into pots with bio bizz light mix they went.

Just picked up a 50 litre of all mix also for their final pots.
Green-Thumb Growing
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2008 at 12:20
The ones you mention being at five days with no sign of root - did you make these yourself?

If so, don't get worried just yet. It's normally 7-10 days, on average for cuttings to turn into rooted clones. It's rare that clones root faster than this, but not uncommon that they take a week or two longer. Clones that take a long time to root will probably be less healthy by the time the first roots do appear, but given enough vegetation time they should turn out just fine.

Keeping the dome on the propagator should keep the cuttings' atmosphere suitably humid. If it's a heated propagator, give a light spray or watering once every day or two. The dome will stop a heated model from drying out the cuttings' medium too fast, but it may still happen faster than you expect.

Opinions are divided over an 18hr or a 24hr light cycle for rooting clones. I prefer 18hrs for vegetating plants, and clones are about the only time I'd consider 24hr lighting. Even so, 95% of all the clones we've ever made rooted in an 18hr cycle.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 00:04
I didnt take the clones myself now. They were taken by someone who has much expereice with taking them.

They then had a wet paper towel wrapped around the stem and tied, and were placed into a VHS case. Packaged up, and put in the post. It only took 1 day for them to reach me, and by the next night they were in root riot plugs.

All i did, was give them the diagonal cut on the base of the stem, dipped in rooting gel, and placed in the plugs.

Knowing my luck, i'll be the only person in the UK who couldnt get their cheese clones to root. How embarassing. :(

On a brighter note, the rest of my seeds were up today, so i plopped them into bio bizz light mix.

Edit : Further reading about some of the so called great strains, brought me to C99.

I have a few of these seeds also waiting in the wings. Apprently this came from the same bud as apollo11 and ice princess, and was breed with shiva skunk, so produce C99

I find all this amazing, as it seems like nobody realises this. Everyone is raving about how good these genetics are, and how great the breeder is, but they dont think the same of sensi. Which is the source of it all.

Alot of people i meet, and chat to about growing, allways give me the yarn about sensi people too olde school now, and all the good genetics come from other breeders these days.

Especially the americans and US. They allways tell me to ditch europena breeders,  and only buy north american/canadian stuff.

Apprently, euro breeders are more interested in pretty plants, that smell nice than potent bud. LoL

They dont realise that these great strains are descended from sensi lines.
Green-Thumb Growing
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 12:17
Originally posted by Solidopc

All i did, was give them the diagonal cut on the base of the stem, dipped in rooting gel, and placed in the plugs.

That's doing them yourself, I reckon. Nice one getting them by post.

Since they were cut, including the time in the post, the cuttings would have been in a kind of stasis. Their rooting time begins when you slice, dip and place them in the medium.

So assume ten days from the time you made 'em. Maybe a touch longer due to their journey.

I should personally refrain from talking too much about other breeders and where many  strains came from. As an employee of Sensi , it may appear too much like self-promotion or simply dissing competitors.

One interesting point is that nearly every seed company around today was set up in the last 10-15 years, since psychoactive cannabis seeds and recognised western hybrids have been commercially available in Europe.

This has also been the period where drug laws and airport security have been becoming increasingly insane, not to mention the time that many of the source countries for seeds (notably Afghanistan) were virtual no-go areas for travellers.

So, while it's possible that new companies and breeders have been trawling the world for fresh new genotypes, in the style of Neville and Ben (andWilly Wonka, for that matter), it would have been more practical in most cases to simply buy seeds/clones of known strains, hybrids, cultivars etc.

As for US growers talking about the best stuff being from back home ... they say that about everything, don't they? [/half joke]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>