Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains > Advice on Choosing a Strain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

indoor seeds need advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eano2 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eano2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: indoor seeds need advice
    Posted: 06 September 2007 at 18:36
Hi,

This isn't my first time growing I was growing guerilla gusto outdoor this summer very successfuly and then brought them inside to flower but they ended up being discovered by friends dad who ripped all ten plants up Angry at least we made several seriously strong brews of tea from the left overs!!!

So down to business. The new grow space is in the eves of my mates house and the main concern is the height of the plants there is roughly a bit over a metre in height in the grow area. So what I need are plants that don't grow very tall but are bushy and preferably not too smelly and fast flowering. The light that will be used will be a 600w HPS. Also we plan on only growing a small amount so 4 seeds and hopefully get 2/3 females.

Any advice as always very much appreciated cheers fellow tokers so%20high
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 19:16
Hello,

One meter in total, with pots and a 600 Watts light? Sounds impossible to me. You know one of smallest strains is Northern Lights (counting out Lowryder and such).

Man, I advised you to keep on growing outdoors. Back then depressed by the bad weather you did not find it that sucessful and cut off your thread in the outdoor forum. Due to exponential growth even if the plants would not finish you could be looking forward to making much more stem tea than you did now. And now the weather is slowly becoming civilized again, at least in Germany it is.

I do not know why your friend's dad busted you but I imagine that the power draw of the light was one concern. Anyway, good luck,

Uli
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 01:23
silver pearl or any skunk with the skunk simply bend them or get a femmed seed mix from white label if you grow a femmed you could top them to keep height down.
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
eano2 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote eano2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 21:57
Thanks for the replies guys. Uli I did not doubt your advice but the rain was relentless and hard I was sure that the plants would drown or else the buds would have no chance of avoiding mould so when the opportunity to grow indoor came up it made sense, no hard feelings. The reason that I stopped posting was that there was no good news to report as I was away for a few weeks and got home to find that they'd been discovered by my gobshite mate's dad.

Is it only femmed seeds that you can top? What kind of percentage female to hermie can you expect from a femmed mix?

thanks
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 22:14
well eano how's it going.

yeah as uli said you'd be hard pushed to grow a plant at 1M high using a 600W HPS, the heat alone would be a major problem. The only solution i can think of is find a bigger grow space or even a less powerful light. 

A1 in the rugby today!

J
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
eano2 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote eano2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 01:35
Jonney I take it that was a sarcastic comment about the rugby cus that was one of the worst Irish displays I've seenThumbs%20Down. fingers crossed we pick it up before we have to play Argentina and France.
I think that I might have found a good strain for my circumstances called Sagarmartha Northern Lights #9. Its meant to be 50-75cm, fast flowering and also not too pungent. I can lay my hands on a 400w HPS would this be preferable to the 600w?

Post Reply Post Reply