Delta 6,7,8,9 - Tetra Hydro Cannabinol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Q´sGhost View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Q´sGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delta 6,7,8,9 - Tetra Hydro Cannabinol
    Posted: 05 September 2007 at 18:20
hello you folks !
I wonder whats it all about the description with the numbers ... is Delta 6 THC another thing than Delta 9 THC ?

for sure is these descriptions of numbers are scientificly set.

anyone knows ? would be a great thing if I know finally - its a thing I wonder since years about ...

have a good smoke, no matter if its 6,7,8,9 THC ; ) weed%20leaf

Q.

ps. I thinks this ones for the "indoor growing" cause its no myth and has nothing to do with the seeds.
1 TIME FOR YOUR MIND, BODY AND SOUL !
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 20:50
can't shed too much on this but if i remember from chemistry the number  usually before the name indicates which carbon the active group is on eg.....

Pentane is a 5 carbon alkane which looks something like this -C-C-C-C-C-.

lets say for hypothetical reasons we stuck a methyl group on the second carbon it would be 2 methyl pentane, like wise if we stuck it on the third carbon it would be 3 methyl pentane.

So to conclude my example above may not be scientifically correct but the numbers are just expressing the structure of the chemical.

Hope it helps some bit or another!!
weed%20leaf
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Q´sGhost View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Q´sGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2007 at 21:59
yes, the point is that the sources from which I read, also told that its a diffrence in the potency of the buds - delta 9 is the best and down on.
when I search for THC in google picture search mode I find also diffrent pictures of the structure of THC ...

so whats it all about ? and, to allow me this bit silly question, which thc contains sensi strains so%20high

good smoke ! weed%20leaf

Q.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 10:21
I'm definitely no chemist, but IIRC:

The form of THC absorbed by your lungs and passed through to the bloodstream is delta-9 THC

The form extracted by your liver (when eating or drinking cannabis) and passed into the bloodstream is 11-hydroxy THC, which I think RC Clarke lists as being significantly more potent in its effect on the system.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Q´sGhost View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Q´sGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 11:42
thanks for the info ganja !
maybe you have an employee at sensi, who is more confirm with this thematics ?
its maybe too much if you take this in you private life, but that would be so nice if you could ask if you see one of them, I m pretty sure one of them could write you a book about ;)

thx and have a good smoke ! weed%20leaf

Q. 
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 11:53
Check out Marijuana Chemistry

Otherwise, I think a book on the pharmacological make-up and effects of different types of THC and different cannabinoids would make quite a dry and impenetrable read.

It might be interesting to chemists and trained scientists, but not much use to the cannabis-loving general community.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 01:08
hi guys so in short your saying that if eaten it is stronger ? if so i agree with that as two what pepole in white coats want to call it i really dont mind thc delta thc whatever just enjoy your own grown herb yummy.
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
anjeambo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote anjeambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 23:26
Curiously, our brain cells have specific receptors for cannabinoids. Why did God put those receptors there? Easy: He wants us to smoke marihuana!!!
Geek
stashman View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stashman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2007 at 19:41
Good point anjeambo, indeed humans and animals have cb1 and cb2 recepters not just in the brain but all over the body, believe it or not there are cannabanoids in rich dark chocolate that these receptors use too. Infact I regularly eat dark chacolate with my smoke and I won't eat chocolate with less than 70% cocoa mass, this prolongs the high of cannabis too.

One Love....Stash
I soar like a bird in the wind , though I glide as I'm flying through Heaven.
 Post Reply Post Reply