(lack of) hemp fashion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doctor dolittle View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doctor dolittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (lack of) hemp fashion
    Posted: 14 March 2005 at 18:16
on a recent trip to amsterdam, my partner and I trawled the shops to get some hemp clothes.
We were disapointed by the lack of choice... unless you want to look like a hippy, stoner, and are the size of a supermodel.
Isn't it time the designers put a bit more thought into designing for a wider audience?
We weere after normal clothes, but made from hemp
banglassie View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote banglassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 09:38
Good idea...

only most people want cheap clothing.

Alan Dronkers View Drop Down
Sensi Connoisseurs
Sensi Connoisseurs
hemp expert and cannabis enthusiast

Quote Alan Dronkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2005 at 13:33

Why don't you check the hemp clothes made by Armani? Expencive but then you can not complain about hippy style

Also Guess has some shirts available

So anyway; hempclothes are getting better and better

Greetings,

Alan

the_chiefter View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote the_chiefter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 00:37
Armani uses hemp in their clothing?? wow, like mixed with other fabrics? or specifically for something like insides? or complete suits?
I got bikini lines on my bud...
Alan Dronkers View Drop Down
Sensi Connoisseurs
Sensi Connoisseurs
hemp expert and cannabis enthusiast

Quote Alan Dronkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 12:12

Anyway I can reccoment anybody interrested in hemp clothes to choose for mixtures with other fibers like wool silk or cotton; personally my hempclothes with 45% cotton are the best in quality and most beautifull. For purist a 100% hemp sounds like the best; accept it to be like linnen then that becomes very potato bagy very quick.

Greetings,

Alan

DonQuichote View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote DonQuichote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 22:48
There are enough hemp clothes around that do not make you look like a hippie or require you to be a supermodel. My own model is "long knitting needle" and I have no trouble finding jeans or shirts.
But there is a terrible lack of shops that sell hemp clothes. I only know two of them: Hempworks in Amsterdam and Jas in Rotterdam. It looks like hemp clothes are even more illegal than weed...
kidsreturn View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote kidsreturn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 21:02
Originally posted by DonQuichote

There are enough hemp clothes around that do not make you look like a hippie or require you to be a supermodel. My own model is "long knitting needle" and I have no trouble finding jeans or shirts.
But there is a terrible lack of shops that sell hemp clothes. I only know two of them: Hempworks in Amsterdam and Jas in Rotterdam. It looks like hemp clothes are even more illegal than weed...

That, like previously said, it has to be mixed with other fibers certainly doesn't make it the easy clothing fiber. Its probably more difficult to produce with hemp+other than with for example just plain cotton, and plain hemp is almost a non-issue. Processing hemp into clothing fibers is maybe not very common either.
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 21:50
Hello,

I guess that much knowledge about hemp clothing has been forgotten. You can spin a thread in a thousand ways.

People do not have so much underwear anymore. They used to be clothed like an onion.

Uli
DonQuichote View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote DonQuichote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 22:30
Well, I wear both "pure" and "mixed" hemp clothes. Weren't jeans originally made of hemp? And I'm afraid I started collecting unusual fibres: hemp/yak wool en hemp/camel hair are the most unusual ones.
The world's first phyberpunk
 Post Reply Post Reply