Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Smokers' lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FAVORITE MOVIE(S) TO WATCH WHEN WASTED!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
patch View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 18:48
Yeh still waiting for a good night sleep Breizh, And little patch is going well thank you! 19lbs now :-) with those little michelin man legs.%3clown

Im all for a bit of "godfarther", its a good set.

"Saving grace" is alright i think.
But "Blow" with johny depp is a great one, think it would be in my Top Ten.
I grow to smoke, I smoke to get high.
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 20:58
lol patch! happy to heard this! got two myself and the last one "pissed"? on my legs today!! we smell together at friends home!! a girl of 18months old.
i will search for "blow" cause i dont see it but i kike very much JD;its a very good actor in my opinion. so good....nursery, and see you next time for others babies!!!! peace man
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 22:43
from paris with love, john travolta good action film with some real funny shit and tim burtons 9 quirky kids film worth a watch after a few hits on the bong%3cig%3c
ANDWHAT
patch View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 01:13
Wicked, do you rate it? i have it just not watched it yet.. :-)
I grow to smoke, I smoke to get high.
Destro Pesante View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2010 at 19:57

Here's a little list of movies to watch, stoned or not ;

I tried not to list the most obvious like Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Eyes Wide Shut etc. (although Nicole looks fantastic in her undies smoking a joint) 

%3ceed%20leaf = watch wasted recommendation

- Sexy Beast - Brutal British gangster movie, Kingsley rocks
- Tropic Thunder - Stiller, Jack Black and Downey Jr. This is how I like Tom Cruise!
- Gran Torino - Clint being the man.
- Royal Tenenbaums - Star cast, crazy dry humor, weird.
- Step Brothers - Very very stupid and over the top, but o so funny %3ceed%20leaf
- The Twilight Samurai - Let's trough  in some culture. Very nice authentic Japanese movie
- Lost Highway - Mr. Lynch loving with our minds, as usual. See stoned if you dare
- The Princess Bride - Very funny and relaxing fairytale. Good cast, directed by Rob Reiner
- Kops - Hilarious Swedish police movie %3ceed%20leaf
- Stranger Then Fiction - Not your average movie. Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal
- Don't mess with the Zohan - If you like Adam Sandler and Jewish humor, light and easy.
- Reign Over Me - Not a happy movie, but very good, great music, nice NY shots and not what you expect of Sandler
- Grosse Pointe Blank - Funny,  witty and easy. Good soundtrack John Cusack, Dan Aykroyd. Funny dialog, like many Cusack movies
- High Fidelity - Cusack and Jack Black and good music. Sunday afternoon, fire place, canna and enjoy %3ceed%20leaf
- Boondock Saints - Irish brothers taking care of business. William Defoe is brilliant here. Violent, funny, different
- Inside Man - Great Movie. Super cast, great acting. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. Spike Lee
- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - More then just a comedy, nicely odd. Great cast and I like the way they take a piss at Jacques Cousteau his Calypso. Go see.
- Coffee and Cigarettes - Jim Jarmusch  No need to say more.
- Snatch - I hate feckin Pikeys! Love the dialog, love the shots and characters.
- UTU - Great NZ movie about the Maori uprising in 1870. See the uncut, unrated version. Stunning

feck, thought to do 10 movies, but then I started to browse my dvd collection (+350) and kept going. I've got too many movies, NOT!

Enjoy!
S.

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 10:21
Nice picks, almost every one is on my list of good movies.

Stranger than Fiction in particular. Best Will Ferrell film so far - he actually gets to act a bit instead of doing a variation on his SNL act.

Grosse Point Blank is on of my real favourites from the 90s. Recently found out that the title is nod to Point Blank, a Lee Marvin film from 1967. Point Blank is about a hitman/criminal who takes revenge after being ripped off and left for dead; it was remade as Payback with Mel Gibson.

I reckon Sexy Beast is the best of the Brit gangster films - better even than the first two Guy Ritchie flicks. Kingsely plays a fantastic nutter. There's another film with the same writers and a similar cast 44inch Chest that I haven't seen yet. Not great reviews, but I'm reserving judgement.

I'm looking forward to Kick-Ass and I was rather disappointed by Defendor (which had pretty good reviews) - depressing, unoriginal and a waste of time, IMHO.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Destro Pesante View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 01:17

Hi Ganja,

Seems you have also seen your fair share of different movies!
Funny to see that Grosse Pointe Blank is one of your real favourites, many people I know never heard of it. I really like Cusack  here, playing the underdog, misunderstood romatic hitman.

Didn't see Point Blank, but loved Payback. Super atmosphere and characters. Will go see the original, thanks.

Yes, Sexy Beast is top notch. It's a gangster movie, yes, but there is a lot more going on  behind all the tough gangster talk. And I like the way it's shot, very strong.

Heard about Defendor, but reading many mediocre reviews and the fact Woody H is playing in it make me not very interested.

Did you see La Reine Margot, don't know if french historic movies is you thing, but this is really good. Great cast and acting. With Jean-Hugues Anglade.

Who also plays the lead in Killing Zoe, with Eric Stoltz and Julie Delpy. Great and underrated imho.

How about True Romance, an other underrated movie. Love Gary Oldman here and of course the other bad ass Christopher Walken.
Or Leon, were Gary Oldman for me carries the movie and provides a real counter balance to the sweet Reno and Portman.

My god, we seem a bunch of movie critics here %3cig%20smile

OK, one more for the road, Wild at Heart?

See ya!

S.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2010 at 16:06
Just watched How to Train a Dragon, a good watch stoned.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 04:59
HBO's TV Show: The Wire ( all seasons )! Fantastic. Only TV that got my attention since the X-Files!

Dowwwwwwwwwwwn in da hooooooooooole!!!
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 06:10
Yep, The Wire was a ripper. Definitely worth watching a couple of times at least.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 09:56
One of the best TV shows ever made. It's funny how US movies and US TV have almost swapped places in terms of depth, intelligence and production values.

American TV was the pits in the 70s and 80s, but the film industry still produced the occasional amazing flick. Now those rare gems are mostly found on the small screen, while the movies are almost nonstop crap.

Has anyone seen the new show by David 'Wire' Simon? It's called Treme, set in post-Katrina New Orleans. ONly saw part of the first ep, but it looks promising.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 16:09
Originally posted by Ganja

Now those rare gems are mostly found on the small screen, while the movies are almost nonstop crap.Has anyone seen the new show by David 'Wire' Simon? It's called Treme, set in post-Katrina New Orleans. ONly saw part of the first ep, but it looks promising.

Completely agree with you Ganja. It's been years since I don't assist a great movie. I don't have much time to it but if there was good movies to watch I would stay a friday night at home instead of going for some drinks.
Dvd's and illegal downloading helped to destroy movie scene in my opinion.

I'll might download that TV show if it's nice. Don't like the majority of movies, Tv show, programs that are being broadcasting here on TV.
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 10:07
Originally posted by Salgado

Dvd's and illegal downloading helped to destroy movie scene in my opinion.

Don't believe the hype!

Movies had been in a nose-dive since at least the 1970s. The movie industry keeps coming up with reasons why they don't make the money they used to - television, VCRs, piracy - and they've been making such excuses for decades.

It's just that film used to be the only game in town when it came to modern entertainment. For the first half of the 20th Century, going to the cinema was the only choice for people who wanted to see moving pictures (or the latest news, for that matter).

Since the advent of personal entertainment, the movie industry has lost its spot as the greatest money-maker ever. The fact that the films they produce become ever more worthless just speeds this decline.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 17:12
Shutter Island - pretty damn good, IMHO, despite unenthusiastic reviews.

Wolfman - okay. A bit 'meh'.

Kick Ass - excellent!

Just saw The Incredibles again, in something approaching HD. Best CGI film so far. Avatar has better animation, but The Incredibles has great animation plus better writing, plot and characters.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 06:38
I've had the chance to catch a few movies lately... shutter island, yeah I agree, I also really liked wolfman... watched twice even...

Ironman 2... that was a laugh... shitty russian cam job, funny to hear the audience laugh at the incredibly lame jokes.

Haven't seen Kick Ass or the Incredibles, I'll put them on the list.

Seen a couple of dubious ones too, Unthinkable... hmmmm, and Cryus something or other serial killer thing... lol also watched the disney offering prince of persia sands of time and enjoyed enough to watch it twice as well.

Granted, even watching the spider webs on the ceiling is rather enjoyable when you have a morphine patch on your chest...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>