Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Smokers' lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FAVORITE MOVIE(S) TO WATCH WHEN WASTED!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cheesebeavis View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cheesebeavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 00:45
I just watched Eagle Eye starring Shia LaBeouf and Billy Bob Thornton. Its a good sci-fi movie with twists in the plot that are new and uncommon. A must see!! Its thrilling, mind blowing progressinve action movie, that keeps you on the edge of your seats!! LOL
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 08:52
Sherlock Holmes, true to style , loved it.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 10:21
Agreed, Guy Richie's best movie in a long time and another in a long line of great performances by Downey Jr.
Looks like there will be sequels too.

Recently saw The Men Who Stare At Goats (very interesting for the parts that are based on real life; a bit silly where the fiction takes over), High Life (not bad, a bit predictable) and A Serious Man (Coen bros excellence, as usual; though they've kept some narrative elements from No Country).

I was discussing the top ten films of the last decade with a friend. He already came up with a list, but I'm still thinking. There were some pretty good movies in the 2000s, hidden amongst a whole lot of drek.

My friend's list was:
Pan's Labyrinth
V for Vendetta
Cloverfield
Corpse Bride
The Ring (remake)
The Others
Gran Torino
The Devil's Rejects
Kingdom of Heaven
Der Undergang

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 10:34
is there any reference to sherlocks drug use in this new film?
ANDWHAT
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 10:42
A little - mostly ion the form of experiments, rather than mainlining cocaine, as in the books. 
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 12:17
im sure there was a tv series in the 80s that showed sherlock "shooting up"? cant remember the actors name?? tall fella big nose black hair lol
ANDWHAT
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2010 at 23:45
The Devil's Rejects... omg how could anyone how could anyone put that slaughter house special in the 10 best movies for the decade?

Just finished acquiring Men Who Stare at Goats, will be having a look at it this arvo when I put me feet up and have a nanna nap.

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 11:01
The Men Who Stare at Goats... liked the title more than the movie. Okay though.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 12:24
The first half of the movie, about the First Earth Battalion and the history of the program is pretty much true (or reported, at least).

The second half, where Spacey and Bridges come back into the story is a bit lame, I agree.

But I've seen a documentary with the real guy (played by Bridges) explaining how peace, love, domination and extreme violence can work together. Scary.

My colleague who made the list has a particular love of b-movies and zombie flicks. The fact The Devil's Rejects is one of the only low-budget schlockers on his list is an act of self control on his part.

Still haven't made my top ten for the 2000s (and I haven't even seen The Devil's Rejects)
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2010 at 12:42
Originally posted by Ganja

(and I haven't even seen The Devil's Rejects)

It's just gory, not even good horror in my book.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 02:14
Originally posted by munzy

im sure there was a tv series in the 80s that showed sherlock "shooting up"? cant remember the actors name?? tall fella big nose black hair lol

Jeremy Brett. My dad used to watch it when i was a kid and yeah everybody was all in a flap because he was shooting up.

Playing the role killed him aswell, or at least contributed.

Quite sad really, he was very good as holmes, certainly "the" holmes of my generation.
patch View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2010 at 18:08
Just watched Men Who Stare At Goats, was great watch, i see you had not thought sarah:(
Although i think Sherlock Homes was the best recently.%3c3c3ctar

I recommend both %3c3c3cug
P.s watched ninja assassin last night it was good although there were some very corny parts with the american guys acting..

The echo is a good recent film, pinapple express is brillient, and zombieland is also a great watch.

Patches

I grow to smoke, I smoke to get high.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 10:04
Men who stare at goats... it was okay just a bit lacking.

Went back to some oldies for a couple of evenings and watched The Godfather, 1,2 and 3. Classic cinema %3chumbs%20Up
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 12:00
I think Godfather part three is total garbage, 1 & 2 are awesome.
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 13:54
agree.great one and less 2 and less less 3. is there anybody saw a little film on a short history about Maryjuana in england called "saving grace"? very gentle
hay patch be a quite long time! trying to sleep the night? the little "patch" is growing well?   cheers!
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>