flowering mother plants.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrebuzz View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mrebuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flowering mother plants.
    Posted: 21 June 2007 at 20:29
thanks all 4 advise and compliaments, topped em i'm afraid but gonna flower one specially for comp if i have enough time.
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 21:55
That JH bud is a picture of perfection mate. You should take a few snaps of the main cola and enter the upcoming Sensi photo competition. You could be on to a winner...

Clay pebbles can soak up a fair amount of water, so I reckon your mothers would probably survive in the flood and drain system if you flood it once every 4-6 hours. As long as the roots of the plant have reached the bottom of the pot, they should be able to get all the nutrients they need, even if the top half of the pot stays completely dry all the time.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 20:00
nice plants had to say yummy
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
mrebuzz View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote mrebuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 17:41
cheers ganja, your just a fountain of knowledge!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 17:35
Transplanting might stress them, but they should recover.

If you visit your flowering room every day, just water the clay pebbles 1-3 times per day by hand. If the pot is sitting in a deep tray, you can just water once, enough to drain through the pot and fill the tray. The capillary action across the surface of the pebbles should direct enough  water upwards to feed the roots.

If your flowering room is automatic, you could make a recirculating mini drip-feed with a cheap aquarium water pump. Just sit the pot in a bucket with water, put the pump at the bottom of the bucket and run a tube from the pump to the top of the pot.

Flowering mother plants can be very rewarding indeed, if you have the space to let them reach.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
mrebuzz View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote mrebuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 17:31

this is one of the clones, jack herer leaning more towards a indica phenotype. very nice indeed!

not sure about this one but its taking a loooooong time, found out from the forum that topping can increase flowing times due to producing 2 colas, and this one is deff a 70 day'er possibly mother finest, deff leaning towards sativa.
mrebuzz View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote mrebuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 17:24
i'm not sure if mother plants, grown hydro with pebbles /drip irrigation are easy to flower, once they are due to be replaced by a clone.

My flowering room is flood and drain with pebbles, how could i keep them alive durringflowering without drip irrigation to water them or soil to hold the water. would transplanting them into soil stress them out.

or just slash'em!

cheers

Post Reply Post Reply