help in light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Donnie Brasco View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Donnie Brasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help in light
    Posted: 01 May 2007 at 19:39
    first of all i wanted to post this topic in the lighting forum but it is telling me that i cant.i dont know why.please suggest me a 250watt lamp that is gonna work perfectly to both veg and flowering stage.thanks everybody
-idd View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote -idd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 01:54
It meets the spectrum perfectly, but it may not be enough light depending on how much you will be growing...
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 09:21
Could get 2 x 125w CF bulbs - one high colour temperature (blue-white), one low colour temp (red-orange).

A 250w HPS is fine for flowering, not ideal for growing, unless you can get a SON-T-AGRO bulb (not the same thing as SON-T-PLUS 'Greenpower')
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Donnie Brasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 10:34
thanks everyone.i also see in the internet stores a growlux lamp that says that it has 15% more blue spectrum and is good for both stages.does anybody know or recommend this one?
-idd View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote -idd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:06
Is there a savings over the Son Agro?

I don't see much of a difference - sounds like the same bulb in a different package.  Are the lumen outputs the same?
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:32
SON-T-Plus Pia (GreenPower) 400w - 55,000 lumen - low colour temp light (red/orange, for flowering)

SON-T-AGRO 400w - 52,000 lumen, mostly low colour temp, with added high colour-temp light (blue/white, for growing).

If only flowering, normal SON-T may be better for slightly higher light output.

If using one light to grow and flower, AGRO is better, and 3k fewer lumens is a small price to pay for more complete spectrum.

Some growers prefer to flower with AGRO, as some sources say mixed-spectrum light is better for flowering.

Overall difference between flowering with 400w SON-T vs 400w SON-T AGRO - not a lot.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Donnie Brasco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 11:44
    thanks a lot ganja.i admire your energy to answer to everybodys questions.
-idd View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote -idd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 18:37
HPS might be the most efficient, but what is the quality of a (Warm)  MH bulb, such as the SunMaster Warm Deluxe, or AgroSun Gold in terms of the spectrum, not lumens?

I imagine that because it is mostly blue, with added red, it would be a the opposite|equivalent of a SON-T-AGRO...
 Post Reply Post Reply