well its that special time of month...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
420phil420 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote 420phil420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: well its that special time of month...
    Posted: 18 April 2007 at 21:15
 it is finaly time to start business of my own,
im sick of getting ripped of by some trippy dealers that sell me crap
and would rather mug and kill me instead of just getting payed.

i live in southern germany and the weather (even though its april) is just great !
i picked a great spot for my seedlings to grow into some quality herb
and im probably going to get started on the weekend ! im ordering the
"sensi seeds outdoormix " and  hoping for the best !

i would highly appreciate if some one would give me a walkthrough
 or just any help at all?

im sending in some pics of my "spot" soon so you can tell me what still needs to be done and what doesnt !
if my location is good or if it isnt !
pls standby and w8 for them!!!

peace dready

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 22:48
Welcome Phil. Your best bet is to buy a book about outdoor growing if you want to grow the best plants possible.

Basically, you want to prepare the ground with good quality soil, make sure the plants get as much sunlight as possible and make sure they are in complete natural darkness during the night-time - no interference from street lamps or house lights.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote 420phil420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 17:39
hello again !

yea, i already checked e few ebooks !
but i didnt find any direct answers to my situation!

just got some questions to start of with:

1. how deep do the roots grow ?
2. what firtilisers am i to start of with ?
3.what is the lowest temp. a plant can survive ? ( celsius)

thx for the quick respons! hoping for another one Thumbs Up

peacedready

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 00:54
1. Up to two metres or more if they have the room.

2. A "grow fertiliser" - high in nitrogen - up until start of August or so. A "bloom" fertiliser - high in phosphorus and potassim - from then on.

3. Cannabis can survive a few frosts with minimal damage, but it will not survive persistently low temperatures. It will not grow so well if the temps are below 10-15 Celsius. Ideally, you want 20-30 degrees during the day, maybe 15-20 at night.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote 420phil420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 14:28
im just gonna keep bombarding questions:

1. scince the ground isnt very furtil, ... is it a good idea to dig a hole about
         1  ;   1 1/2 meters down , and than fill it with quality soil ?

2. im gonna start growing the sprouts in a "greenhouse" and than im gonna                             put them outside wenn they are big enough,                                                                                    is there somthing i need to do differently? , will this even work out ?
any one have some expirience with this???

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 16:30
1. Yes, you should do this. If you mix up a really good quality organic soil, you might not even have to fertilise the plant during its life. However, even in top-quality soil, I'd still be inclined to add a mild dose of nutrients with the feed water once every 10 days or so during the flowering period.

2. This will work fine as well, make sure you plant them outside when the weather is good. They will need a while to get used to the new environment, then they should continue growing as normal.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote 420phil420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 21:03

1. is 15 houres of daylight enough?

2. after which periode can i start "sexing" a plant?

thats all 4 now thx ... oh...

happy 420!!!

Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 23:12
Hello,

you should dig a shoulder-deep hole only in case that you are one of those terrorists who want to pollute our ground water. (In former times it had to be the jews, the red-haired and the sorcerers, now it is the terrorists.) If all you want to do is grow some annual plants then have a look at the farmers sitting on their iron horses dragging some of several tools over the acre! Just like man can live in different environments, ranging from the arctics to the tropics, so can CANNABIS live on different kinds of soils or even without any but hydroponically.

Uli

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 23:37
1. 15 hours of daylight is fine.

2. Most plants will give indications of their sex after 5-6 weeks, but it will be August before they really start to grow flowers and it becomes obvious.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote 420phil420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 00:21
if all works out well ,

1. how long doese the whole growing cycle take ?  from beginning till end?

2. how long can u store seeds?

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 16:33

1. The growing cycle ends in the autumn, usually between late September and early November, depending on the strain. Some tropical strains will flower for longer and are not really suitable for growing outside the tropics, because the winter will kill them before they are ready for harvest. You can start growing plants anytime between April (if the weather is warm enough) and July.

2. You can store seeds for several years in a cool, dark, dry place. After five years or so, the germination rate will probably start to decline. They will last longer in the refrigerator. You can also freeze them, but this can be risky if there's any moisture left in the seeds.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote 420phil420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 13:01

1. how far apart can you plant the seeds?

2.fully grown: how much water do they take ?

3. how many hours of sunlight do they need ?

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 18:16
1. At least one metre.

2. A lot . . . but the roots will spread out to find water in the deep soil, so be careful not to overwater just because the top later of soil is dry.

3. Try to plant them in direct sunlight, no shade.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote 420phil420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 18:26
so like per day 5-7 liters? per plant?

and is 9 houres of bakin sun enough?

shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 22:10
    although I am new to sensi gardening I have grown many many plants from differant groups and I think the basics relate just fine to cannabis
For starters, digging the ground to a depth of 1.5m for annuals really is overkill.
if you needed to remove that much soil to get decent growing conditions I think I'd try somewhere else!
as for watering, just dont let the soil get waterlogged or bone dry. somewhere in the middle(damp) will be fine.
and if I'm reading your questions right , don't worry about how much sunlight they get, just let them have all there is and they will grow quite happily
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>