out door seeds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gandelph View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gandelph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: out door seeds
    Posted: 30 January 2005 at 18:44
what seeds are best for planting in north east region of england .....any  seed   recomendatins would be appreciated...
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 16:22
Durban
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 10:46
Early Pearl
Early Skunk
Early Girl
Ruderalis Skunk
Mexican Sativa
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
chocolatethai View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chocolatethai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 16:47
im thinking of growing durban next year and i live in england aswell, but i need to know is this strain mold resistant or not? because i lost almost my whole crop this year to mold and do not want the same to happen next year.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 16:56
 i guess so because its an early harvest plant, much grown in the NL, england has a higher temp then the NL, it should be even better..
But, the EARLY PEARL is also a quick one.
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 16:58
Yes, it's mould resistant, as are Jamaican Pearl, Early Pearl and Early Skunk.

However, no strain is mould-proof. If conditions are bad enough, or your local climate is extremely conducive to fungus, then any strain of cannabis can be blighted.

Consider a greenhouse, or indoor growing, or simply select one of the fungus-resistant strains and hope that summer 2011 is better than 2010
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 17:15
the earlier you can harvest, the higher the temperature is in the nights, the less mold problems, late harvest= cold nights is higher risk for mold..
pam View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 19:01
Originally posted by martiniGR

the earlier you can harvest, the higher the temperature is in the nights, the less mold problems, late harvest= cold nights is higher risk for mold..
if plants won't go into a flowering period until the light levels are 12-12, then the harvest cannot be brought on earlier when night conditions are warmer, can they? i'm confused! :-)
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 19:56
what i do is cover the plants at 19.00 hours and take the cover off at 7,00 hours in july
so they start earlier%3c3cink
edit
I grew MASTER KUSH in 2008, not much per plant but almost indoor quality ..
pam View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 20:55

i see! it's good to know a time spec for doing this.  i was asking on here about bringing some greenhouse #1 skunk into flower early but it was much later in the season. the responses i had were doubtful i could successfully exclude the light for the specified time.

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 01:18
Originally posted by pam

if plants won't go into a flowering period until the light levels are 12-12, then the harvest cannot be brought on earlier when night conditions are warmer, can they? i'm confused! :-)

Plants go into flower outdoors long before the days get to 12/12 (the autumn equinox). 12/12 is really only relevant to indoor growing and controlled lighting situations.

If planted out at the appropriate time, the early strains mentioned by Ganja should begin to flower outdoors around 4 - 6 weeks before the equinox (September 21st) and finish flowering between the end of September and the end of October.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
chocolatethai View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chocolatethai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 13:47

i went to amsterdam last week and picked up some sensi durban, and white lables hollands hope seeds from the sensi shop, hope these will be resistant enough for 2011 ;-)

martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 15:54
The h hope will be resistant, i guess , its grown in the Netherlands since at least the 70's so at least 40th generation, some summers are very wet in holland, that will be resistant%3congue
I grew Durban resistant for wet weather aswell, which not means that there is no risk..
Sometimes  mold etc start at weak places, for example  if you take off a leaf, the wound can start budrot,so be careful with the plant, less problems!
fuxstar View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote fuxstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 16:59
has anyone tried the ruderalis skunk in the uk??
 Post Reply Post Reply