advice on outdoor growing in ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2007 at 15:21
Billy Bong,

1. 250w HPS light system is €300 to buy in Dublin, you'll probably get one cheaper on ebay. The system includes a ballast (ie - a transformer to control the current), a reflector and a light bulb.

2. No. There are lots of grow shops around the place that sell everything you need to grow cannabis - seeds, lights, nutrients, fans, etc, etc. You're just another customer to them, and it's in their interests to be discreet, or else they won't have any customers at all.

3. My HPS light plus two fans adds around €50 to my ESB bill every two months.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
cloneX View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cloneX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 19:13
Grow the shit in greenhouses, sheds, ditches, it's a weed will grow well in Ireland only problem is the bloody rain, it needs to be kept off the buds with some sort of cover or they will ROT!!!
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 22:18
Welcome to the forum Ardaca,I reckon we r growing in similar climates, me being in Blighty :-) you will find a lot of helpful friends here to help you on to harvest success
ardaca View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ardaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 19:11
hello people my computer has been on the blink for two or three weeks now so im only gettin back on the forum now ,i germinated the seeds no problem and planted them in compost  i bought in a garden center and they flew up ,i planted them on the 20th of  april and their about  4 to 5 inches tall now with a good lot of leaves on each ......where do i go from here .................................... 
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 19:15
Let them grow til they're around 12 inches then stick em in the ground somewhere sunny. There's a lot of stuff you should probably know about soil, nutrients, weather, insects, rabbits, etc, etc, but there's lots of books out there with all the info you could possibly need.
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 19:26
then just cross ur pinkies n hope they turn out all ladies :-)
get that sun on it :-)
ardaca View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ardaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 19:29
nice to talk ta ya mick judging by the farmer im allowin yer from ireland...... 12 inches tall  cool.....i have them in 3 by 3 inch pots at the moment  would i need to change them into bigger pots soon and im tryin to find out how to sex them  can u point me in the right direction,i have them in a large bay window  gettins all natural light cycles is this an ok way of doing it or should i be using some sort of lights , im actually suprised at how hardy these plants are in general  
ardaca View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ardaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 19:35
nice to talk with ya mick judging by the farmer im allowing yer from ireland, i have the plants in 3by 3 inch pots at the moment do i need toget them into bigger pots soon, im also tryin to learn how to sex them can u point me in the right direction had a look around on  the faq not much info there,i have the plants  in a large bay window getting all natural light cycles is this ok or should i have lights on them................................sorry thought the first one didnt post
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 19:38
If you're planning on growing them outdoors, you're doing things right, but they will need a bigger pot soon. Maybe six or seven inches diameter, until they're big enough to put outside.

If you want to grow under lights, you should grow them under lights from the start really.

There's been lots of threads recently with photos of male and female flowers. I'm too stoned to go searching, but they shouldn't be too hard to find...
ardaca View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ardaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 19:40
stoned sounds good back in a while brothers
anjeambo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote anjeambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 17:51
wow... first time is always difficult my friend. i recommend you to get a book (suggestion: The marihuana grow bible... you can find it on emule) and READ IT.
if you have some experience taking care of other plants it will help. try not to over feed them, because you´ll kill the plants as i did on my first time...
have an eye on them daily, and ask if you see something different before it´s too late.

good luck

smoke eye
eano2 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote eano2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 19:08
    well how fair the plants buddy any chance of a couple of pics? Take it handy
Culchie View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Culchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 01:17
Originally posted by eano2

well how fair the plants buddy any chance of a couple of pics? Take it handy

Mine are still in pots this year, not yet planted out. Seeme to be growing slower thasn previous years , but the weather has been lousy since I put the out to acclimate, After a scorching April, it has been a miserable May an d , except for the first few days, a horrible June. Really hoping for some better weather. Noticed a lot of rabbits around thye place this year, so watch them. Will send on pictures of mine when they devlop a bit. Probably the best part of 5 months to harvest, so better to have rain now than when buds are getting ripe.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 20:39
Culchie, do your plants normally take until November to finish flowering?

You're taking a big risk with mould, which is always a danger as the weather starts to get colder.

You should try to grow an early-finishing strain. You can harvest them in September, before the Irish winter starts to kick in.
Culchie View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Culchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 20:45
Originally posted by farmer mick

Culchie, do your plants normally take until November to finish flowering?

You're taking a big risk with mould, which is always a danger as the weather starts to get colder.

You should try to grow an early-finishing strain. You can harvest them in September, before the Irish winter starts to kick in.

I've been buying them off thi ssite and others, Mick. But despite what  they tell me, about the seeds they sell,  theyfemales don't flower at all until late in October, and aren't 'glistening' until November.

I went for the waht appeared to be the earliest flowering strains that would grow in an Irish climate, namely Durbamn, Early Girla and Early Pearl. Any better recommendations on seeds, or handy tips?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>