First grow. Skunk #1 Auto -some wounds and bruises

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GreenPea View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote GreenPea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First grow. Skunk #1 Auto -some wounds and bruises
    Posted: 26 July 2013 at 14:48
Hi everyone!

Started my first grow 2 weeks ago with Skunk #1 Auto and it all started pretty much ok.
out of the 5 seeds, 2 germinated (i bought the seeds 1 year ago but never planted them, lost interest).

I never smoked, even tobacco. And I got curious about cannabis about a month ago, after 1 year of research. So i decided to germinate my seeds that i got 1 year ago and here we go...

Anyway I have a few wounds on my plants. One of them specificaly as some bruises... I might have dropped the vase... and it fell on its side and some soil came out... the plant got loose...

I put it back on the pot, added extra soil and she started growing again.

I got scared about the fall that i might have over watered them also .... *sighs*
So im guessing the yellow tips and all the wounds are a product of miss-handling them and overwater.

So here are the bruises:

I trimmed the yellow leaves. They were yellow / brown at the tips and very brittle (dry).

The top leaves seem to be growing ok but today i noticed some yellowing accuring. (i havent watered them for about 4 days). Im guessing some nitrogen deficiency might be occurring so i watered them today with some nutrients (7-5-6).

Some feedback would be welcome :)

I dont know the PH / Humidity or temperature. I dont have a fan either. Using a singel 150W CFL light

I will buy a PH / Humidity monitor for the soil and a tiny fan in a few days.

Its my first growth and its for my personal use. If everything goes well and i actually like smoking it ill probably grow some more again :)

martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 18:56
i think its heat, you repotted the plants and gave to soon full light, the plant couldnt handle that. I saw the same last week on the forum and i have it myself ( my plant) %3cot%20smoki%3cg
dont worry no problem plants looks good overall!
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 18:57
with heat i (can) mean to much light to soon. no problem
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
GreenPea View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote GreenPea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2013 at 19:04
I see... I Do have them almost 24h light schedule. I still haven't got a timer so, sometimes I try to turn it off for about 4 hours to make give the 20/4 light cycle.

I'll get a timer today for better time control and soon a PH / Humidity and a small fan :)
GreenPea View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote GreenPea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2013 at 21:21
Update. Some days later.
No idea at what week im in, or how many days have gone by.

Still no PH / Humidity / Fan or Timer for the light.

So far so good.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 10:01
All things considered... they are looking ok GreenPea. :thumbsup:
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
GreenPea View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote GreenPea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 11:08
they look a little bit droopy because I had just turned on the light from a 3 / 4hour period. :)
GreenPea View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote GreenPea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2013 at 21:30
Females. Both :)
Got a timer and set it to 20/4 light cycle.

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 14:38
Congratulations GreenPea %3chumbs%20Up
GreenPea View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote GreenPea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2013 at 01:51
My largest fan leaves have been losing altitude lately...
Normal or something is up? the other leaves seem to be ok... They are also dark green.

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2013 at 05:22
That does look strange GreenPea... could you give us some more information about the current conditions and anything you have been doing?

eg...

Do you have a fan blowing on the plants?
What sort of temperature and humidity?
How far away is the light from the top of the plants?

How often are you watering and feeding the plants?
How long have the plants been looking like this?
Are the leaves droopy all day or are there times when the leaves look better?
GreenPea View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote GreenPea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2013 at 12:05
they started drooping like 1 week after flowering. They are droopy all day pretty much.
The top leaves seem to be ok.

I have a 125W CFL about 10cm from the top of the plant. Im guessing its the lack of like on the base of the plant....

about temperatures, humidity im not sure, i dont have any meters up. However its pretty much all room temperature and room humidity since the plants are in my bedroom.

No fans blowing air. Should get one soon.

I water the plants (no nuts) every 2 or 3 days. When the soil on top is dry.

UPDATE: Woah... just noticed the soil was really dry. I just watered the plants.
I thought i was probably overwatering them due to the dark green and "heavy" looking leaves. Maybe its lack of water... dunno...
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2013 at 14:20
I was going to suggest a lack of water!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
GreenPea View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote GreenPea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2013 at 14:46
Ok the leaves seem to be getting stronger. but the top ones are drooping. hahah what a mess.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2013 at 00:33
Another picture would be great to show us what you mean. I agree with Alecky, it does look a bit dry... but I would have thought the top would be droopy as well if the plant were that dry.

Watering shouldn't darken the leaf colour... that is more to do with the nutrients in the soil mix (primarily nitrogen).

You have told us you water every 2/3 days. Can you tell us a bit more about how you water?

How much water do you give each plant?
Is it enough that some of the water drains out from the bottom of the pot?

I know. I have lots of questions when you are looking for answers. I hope you will bear with me and take the time to answer. %3cig%20smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>