Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains > Advice on Choosing a Strain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

spider mite resistance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mtn grown View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mtn grown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spider mite resistance
    Posted: 22 July 2013 at 22:58
just wondering if anyone could tell me which of sensi's strains have the highest spider mite resistance? i would like to find strains that are suitable for outdoors as well as indoors. thanks in advance
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2013 at 14:30
as long as there is no answer...
spidermites are only a problem if there is no moving air and if it is hot too, in my opinion.
so a heat resistance plant would be the sollution.. a haze type i think, maybe the Marlycollie, it has one of my favorit tastes.. invest in moving air and look good at your plants for the first signs of spider mite, if you reckognize the first signals, pinhole dots on the leafs, you can kill the few spidermites between your fingers.%3cot%20smoki%3cg which strain is the real best .. i dont know!
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
mtn grown View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote mtn grown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2013 at 14:59
thanks for the info martin.i am looking for something for outdoors more than in,should have said i guess. indoors they are always going to be an issue i believe. i have filtered air coming in and i never never visit indoor room after being outside and still have mites from time to time.this is the first time that i have had trouble with them outdoors at a guerrilla grow. i cannot visit the o.d.grow too much so mites are harder to control . been a tough last two summers for me outdoors,termites last summer and spider mites this summer.we have had alot of rain this summer so any treatments have been washed off prematurely i think. anyway thanks for the info .any suggestions are always welcome
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 11:16
Ok , i didnt know its outdoors.., i never had spider mites outdoor, only in a greenhouse and indoors, i think your guerillaplace is maybe too much hidden, it is always caused by not enough wind imo,
maybe the climate where you are has not much wind, i live around the sea, so always wind enough here. Wind comes mostly here from southwest so i keep the south west side of the grow as much as possible open to prevent mold and spider mites aswell.
thats all the info i can give you, succes with your grow and choosing a good strain, i thinkl a sativa is the best for you.%3chumbs%20Up
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
mtn grown View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote mtn grown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 21:13
many thanks for the insight martin.never had spidermite problems outside before this so i will look into the location and primary wind direction as this will surely help with any possibilities of mold problems too.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 10:47
i was still thinking about the spidermites, spider  mites live on plants that feel not very well, plants in a wrong environment like dessert plants in a wet area etc.
 maybe pull out these plants that do not live natural in the area.There are so many things you have to think of...  !
mtn grown View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote mtn grown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2013 at 16:48
i know what you mean about still thinking. the only thing is i have grown these strains for several years and had no issues,and the plants are as big and healthy looking as i have ever seen them minus the mites.the problem for me is that it is a guerrilla grow so it is hard for me to visit regular to doctor them,leaving trails etc.i should also say that the plants are not infested so to speak but there are mites on some of them and any mites are too many for my liking giving how fast they can reproduce.so i was just wondering what strains might have a higher resistance to the mites for future grows. once again many thanks for your thoughts and help on my troubles.
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 11:05
if you dry the buds and hang them on a rope, leave extra long stems above the rope, while drying the mites climb to the top, use a hoover or cut the stem part away that is above the rope, it helps too.
about the strain, i think a sativa strain will do best!
succes with your garden!
cheers !
 Post Reply Post Reply