aargh! save my dying plant !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
solja1982 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote solja1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: aargh! save my dying plant !!!
    Posted: 14 March 2007 at 20:25
i have frequently seen this problem arise and i have read about it and tried 2 remedie it. but...........the leaves on 1 of my plants have turned an extemely pale yellow if not white coluor rapidly over the last 2 days.
only the large fan leaves are effected not the branches holding the buds.its workin its way quickly up the plant.

i am growing in soil and have brokon slate in the bottom of my pots 2 ensure good drainage. i'm sure this is not the cause.

i'm feeding all plants regulary and evenly with adequate nutrients (npk 2-2-4) and water no alteration for the last month.(except for today as the only other thing i can think of doin is to flush the plant and try again.)
so i am not sure why this problem has only struck 1 of them if i have over or under fed them.

is their any other explanations or solutions??
need immediate help plz!!

thanks
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 20:51
Post some pics dude.

If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say you're using the wrong nutrients. If they're still in the veg stage, you need to feed them "grow" nutes that are high in N, low in P and medium in K. In flowering, they need "bloom" nutes with less N and more P.

The pots they're growing in might also be too small. What size are they? Anthing under 10 litres is too small, unless you're growing tiny plants.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
solja1982 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote solja1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 21:11
eazy mick!
i cant post pics dont have the software downloaded and low signal strength on top, wish i could.
the veggie fertilizer i was using was called Terra vega by canna NPK 14-6-17. i used this a week or so into flowering now im using a bloom feed called Terra flores made by canna. NPK 2-2-4 with no changes in quantity or volume.
the pots are big 10 inches. and are draining properly, ive checked. no waterlogging. i water the same amount at the same time everyday. all my others are healty.

Could i have aquired some pests.???
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 22:53
Hi Solja, okay 10 inch pots are probably big enough and the nutrients are designed for growing cannabis, so I don't think they're the problem. I also don't think you've got pests, you'd see them if you did.

Your watering schedule, however, is wrong. You shouldn't water the plants every day, because cannabis hates waterlogged soil. The best way to do it is to water the plants thoroughly, until a trickle flows out the holes in the bottom of the pots. Then wait a few days until the soil dries out a bit before watering again. You will know when it's time to water if you lift the pots and they feel very light. You can also check by scraping away the soil at the top of the pots. If the top few centimeters are totally dry, it's time to water again.

If you use this method, you are giving the plants the water and nutrients they need at the different stages in their lives. Sometimes they will go three days before the soil dries, sometimes it might be five or six days, depending on various factors.

The yellow leaves are almost certainly a nutrient deficiency, but it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's causing it. Several things can prevent a plant from taking up nutrients properly, including temperature, humidity, the PH of the soil and the feed water, a build-up of nutrient salts in the soil, over-watering, under-watering, pot size, soil quality, etc, etc, etc.

The only advice I can give is to change your watering schedule and flush the soil that the affected plant is growing in with lots of plain water, then hope that the problem sorts itself out. Also, make sure all the factors that affect growth are correct - temp, humidity, ventilation, etc...
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
 Post Reply Post Reply