AUTO LOG-OFF ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Quarzen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Quarzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AUTO LOG-OFF ?
    Posted: 17 February 2007 at 01:18

hi ! anyone knows if the site logs off automaticly since a few days ?

I wonder if its something in my settings ...

good smoke, my sensis ! weed leaf

Quarzen
Sensi Seeds: the Indoor/Greenhouse Collection - amazing strains for indoor or outdoor growing!
DonQuichote View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote DonQuichote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2007 at 14:28
The autologon is usually done with a "cookie". This is a piece of data that is stored in your browser and sent to the server that has set the cookie, each time you visit the server.

It is a bit comparable to a membership card or a wardrobe ticket.

Unfortunately, advertizing sites use the same mechanism to track your surfing behaviour, so the modern browsers have all sorts of options to overcome that.

There are all sorts of options, depending on your browser:
- Third party cookies. This is mainly abused by advertising sites, so it is best disabled. It means that if you visit a page, say google.com, that linked items on that page (images on advertising.tracking.com, for example) cannot set cookies. It is these images that are the tracking problem.
- Persistent cookies. This means that a cookie is kept, even if you close the browser. This kind of cookie will hold the autologon data, so you probably want to check for this one.
- Session cookies. These cookies are kept while your browser is open, and are deleted if you close the browser. They allow you to login on a page and surf a site. If you disable even these, you will have trouble to log in to quite a lot of web sites.

I hope this helps...

The world's first phyberpunk
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2007 at 21:35
yes i found that if i run disk clean up along with cokkies you gotta sign back in just like DonQuichote
 has said.
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
 Post Reply Post Reply