Diagnosis Please.!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nick View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diagnosis Please.!
    Posted: 20 January 2007 at 21:15
    Could someone please look at my plants and tell me what is the problem? Leaves are turning yellow and I dont know what else to do. I've cut off some of the yellow leaves. These pics dont show too well, but you get the idea. Organic soil. I've tried increasing Nitrogen. pH is a little on the high side but not much. 7-7.3 Growth is stunted. A month old, these are only about 6-7 inches high under constant 250w HPS. Water with Fish/SeaWeed Fert 2-3-1. And tried a 20-20-20 water fert also not with much success.
Somebody help me! I'm getting impatient, and frustrated! Need Bud!

holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 22:00
farmer mick is your man when it comes to the 250w but really i use the 18 on 6 hours off dont feed em for a week repot them soil looks rich and fan a bit strong as one is bent then depending how big u want them on to 12/12 where the fun really starts
Nick View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2007 at 23:32
    You think the 24/7 light might be too hard on them?? Was hoping the fan would strengthen them up, but that could be a bit much. But what's causing the yellowing with brown tip?? Impatient, I've begun to force-flower last night to try and sex these. Don't want to waste any more time!

holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2007 at 01:59
they will be huge if you have seen mine pics of garde mine had only 14 days on 18/6 and in a rich soil like u have i didnt feed them till after 5 weeks old in 11l pots if the very tips of your feafs are brown then the leaf turn crispy then it to much nuts if it goes bleched out yellow and limp its lack of root space or age or lack of nuts its easy to do to much on first grow just give them h20 for next week under 12/12 nice roomy pots
look on hear for leaf and nuts stuff http://www.marijuana-seeds.net/Thanks/ThankYou.htm
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 00:36
I reckon Holistic is right about the over-fertilisation. It might also be over-watering. How often do you water and feed them? Also, how big are the pots. If you repot them in larger pots with good quality soil and stop feeding for a week or 10 days, they should take off. And turn the light back to 18/6. BTW, they don't look too bad. Some plants just grow a bit slower than others.
Quarzen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Quarzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 01:21
[offtopic]

wow ! holistic, updated gallery !
what a nice lady, who is she - to get indiscreet ;)

best wishes for your new crop, mine gettin in flower these days. have a finally a nice citral lady and (hopefully) two hazie ladys and 2 new white skunkies !

happy and good smoke ! weed leaf  

Quarzen

Sensi Seeds: the Indoor/Greenhouse Collection - amazing strains for indoor or outdoor growing!
Nick View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 02:08
    Yes, I think Holi was correct about the over fert AND the fan. Watering every 2-3 days as the fan was drying them out quickly. Although I would wait until the plant began to slightly droop. I stopped the fan from ocillating & pointed it at the wall. A little strong, the fan may have been stressing out plants. The soil is rich & I was feeding with every water. BTW, they're sitting in 9 inch pots, pulled back on the ferts, and changed lighting to 18/6 as opposed to 24/0. Think Holi was right about that also. Still have some yellow leaves and more with a few yellow spots, but plants are growing taller already, standing up straight and leaves are no longer drooping. Just wish I could get rid of that yellow. I also tried to lower the pH a hair with lemon juice as suggested. That may have had a positive effect. Worked quickly.
Thanks for the Advice All. It's appreciated.

* 2-7-2004: Problem solved. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I pulled back on the nuts in watering. Forgot that I set up soil with added nuts. Took the fan directly off them ( a little hard, and poss stressful). Raised the light higher off them to about 20 inches above the tallest, and changed the light schedule from 24hrs, to a 12/12. Changed the nuts in water to Miracle Grow Flowering and they look marvelous!
They are now large enough to try & sex. A foot and taller. I'll try to get some pics uploaded soon.

Silverhaze View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Silverhaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 04:29
Hey

i agree,maybee overfert...or then try giving some alga mix for magnesium,,,could be that..

Silverhaze
 Post Reply Post Reply