Growing outdoors UK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jamesB View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jamesB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing outdoors UK
    Posted: 10 December 2006 at 21:50
Hi all, I need some help on picking a outdoor plant for growing in the UK (South East), i have been lookin at the ruderalis skunk, or the ruderalis indica, has anybody had any experience of growing these two strains, and what is the bud like is it a nice smoke?

Thanks!
stashman View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stashman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2006 at 22:41
This year I smoked some hollands hope. Got really stoned in a real nice way, but found it hard to get off my seat.

mates who grew it said it was real easy even this year with the weird weather. Grew it wild like too.

Anyway I'm wrecked so cheers....Stash
I soar like a bird in the wind , though I glide as I'm flying through Heaven.
scrappy View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote scrappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2006 at 17:46
I grew ruderalis Indica one season, its a nice indica plant, dense buds and expansive in the lungs, good taste as well. I had cloned it  and when I put the mother plant out she finished at the begining of august here in the midwest. They didnt get very big as I reminber, but that doesnt mean they wouldnt for you!!! Give them a run youll be pleased.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 13:20
I'd go for Early Skunk. Atound the same price as HH, but generally stronger, I reckon.

Otherwise, Early Girl, Early Pearl or Jamaican Pearl

(or Outdoor Mix)
Baggy10 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Baggy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2006 at 21:42
    Dont forget the Durban as well thats what am growing at the moment its a outdoor plant but am trying to grow it indoors so far so good will let u know the final situation cheers bags
stretch View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote stretch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2007 at 16:59
Yeh, Lets not overlook Durban. Thats what Im planning on growing this year.

Anybody had any experience growing this out in the wild ?

jamesB View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jamesB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 19:32
Thanks m8, Do you know the male to female ratio on the outdoor strains, or does it depend on soil quality, weather etc. Is there anything i can do to up the amount of female plants?
Lookin to grow two plots of 15 plants 1x Early Skunk & 1x Hollands Hope.

Thanks!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 19:49
Best way for 100% females would be to strat the seeds early (like now-ish), vegetating under fluoros indoors.

Clone seed plants and flower them to discover the sex and quality of each one (flowering with fluoro is okay  - low powered lights are fine for test-flowering).

Then, by the time outdoor planting season rolls around, you can easily have 15 established female clones of each strain to put outside.

If you've worked intensively and have been able to test the qualities of the confirmed females, you can even be in a position to put out 15 clones of the two best mothers from each strain.
jamesB View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jamesB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 17:36
Thanks mate, But i don't have the room to start cloning, hence the outdoor grow, I'll just have to cross my fingers and see what i get!
Will the Hollands Hope and Early Skunk finish ok in the Great British summer, planning on planting out at the start of May is this a little early?
What is the expected yield of the Hollands Hope as its not listed on the website.

Many Thanks

Asphyx1us View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Asphyx1us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 20:31
just start growing when the weather starts to warm up? they will be ready in oktober i think.
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2007 at 18:20
Hi James

I grew Sup skunk last year as my first ever grow in a prefab greenhouse house and had excellent results (miles better than the rocky I'm stuck with now!).
the only difficulties came near the end (October) with dampness, so if any of u gurus could recommend an earlier flowerer that would be handy.
anyway have fun James, its a really enjoyable pastime :-)

whilst I'm here could I just piggyback your question and ask, whats the best way to keep the smell down in a green house so the neighbours don't get suspicious?
are there "low odour" plants available? or should I be looking into filters/ionisers which i know nothing about!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2007 at 13:52
Try Early Skunk for something similar to Super Skunk that should finish before the weather turns bad.

The Skunks received their name from their powerful and often pervasive odour. Early Skunk will probably produce less smell than Super Skunk, but you might want to switch to an a Sativa from the Outdoor list if you're concerned about the neighbours.

Jamican Pearl and Early Pearl Durban all come highly recommended.

For an Indica with a low smell and the ability to finish a fair bit faster than the Skunks, try Early Girl.

To control smell in a greenhouse would require similar equipment to controlling smell indoors - a good extractor fan that can push air down a tube of a few metres, plus some sort of odour control device attached to the outflow tube or in front of the extractor fan.

The odour is carried by the air from your greenhouse, so an extractor will collect all that sweetly scented air and put it in one place, where you can deal with it in a number of ways.
 Post Reply Post Reply