Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Terence Donovan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 00:50
I'm spending aprox £350 for my first wardrobe grow, I'll be growing 5 plants in soil and this is about as cheap as I could budget it with fans, filter lighting etc
streetkarp View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2006 at 21:37
Quick Question. The help so far has been useful. And ive found two or three great bargains online.

I have one question : I own a blacklite, which i bought last year just for ambient affect. its flourescent and is 20w and 24" long. could i use this? any thoughts?maybe buy a couple of others.they always have other uses if i ever decide to retire from growing. Just ive read on a couple of sites now, that they can be used.

Peace
shell View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2006 at 20:37
farmer mick you are genius looking at your pics and reading your advice well after your help big time i am a growing virgin and a bit clueelss read your post  i got a room with a bit shelved off the side with the shelf is 4foot long 3 foot wide 4 fooot high ... the other half the room is 3 1/2 foot long 3 foot wide 8 foot high .. which would be the best 1 to use i got a 250 watt Embarrassedlight like you said and a fan is there anything else i need i got 4 sets of seeds anda book on growing callled closet cultavator i think any advice would 110% appreciated thanks far your time farmer mick shell EmbarrassedEmbarrassednot smoking
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 12:51
You should use the part of the room that's 8ft high, it gives you more space to work with. Once you set up the light and extractor fan, you should be good to go.

A second fan to move the air around the grow room is a good idea, and an electric weather station to read temperature and humidity would also be worth getting.

After than, it's just a matter of experimenting until you perfect your growing technique.
shell View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 18:04
thanks farmer mick will take your advice just seen a starter kit on e bay doyou think thiswould be useful .
1X 400WATT COMPLETE LIGHTING SYSTEM
2X EZI ROLLL  LIGHT HANGERS  
1X CONTRACTOR
1X 50 LITRE ORGANIC BIO BIZZ ALL MIX SOIL
1XBIOBIZZ GROW 1 LITRE
1XBIOBIZZ BLOOM 1LITRE
1XBIOBIZZ TOP MAX 500ML
5 X POTS 10 LITRES
4 METRES BLACK WHITE SHEETING
1X PIPPETTE .
ALL THIS FAR  £135 OR DO YOU THINK ANY GOOD AND IF THIS OK WHAT ELSE DO I NEED . REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE FARMER MICK THANKS SHELL
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 19:30
I don't know what a contractor is exactly, but you need two fans on top of what's on this list - an extractor fan to remove stale air from the grow room and a normal fan to blow the air around inside the room. Otherwise, you have all the soil, pots and nutrients there to grow five plants..
shell View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 19:44
thanks again farmer will  bye that then and go with 5 plants to start and after the first crop and i no what i doing i may add 5 more pots  thanks i seen a bathroom extractor fan on there would that be ok it was about 12 quid
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 00:09

That will work fine, they can be a bit noisy though, if you're a light sleeper and the grow room is near the bedroom...

UltraHazzz View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 01:00
farmer mick what type of exaust fan do i reconmend
quite pleaseeeeeeeeeeee lol
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 18:25
One of these guys should be fairly quiet, I'd imagine... I use a bathroom fan myself, you get used to the noise.

Nick View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2006 at 20:46

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2006 at 20:28

The bathroom fan should be very easy to wire up, there's usually just two individual wires - live and neutral - which are attached inside the fan the same way as you'd wire a plug. Bathroom fans are often connected to the lightswitch, so they are usually designed for 220v-240v electrical systems. This means you can simply attach a plug to the other end of the wire and safely plug it straight into the mains.

Nick View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2006 at 05:50
shell View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 18:22
hey guys still new but hopefully got through the first stage but need some reassurance on next step well here goes... have just potted seeds in small pots due to their germination between kitchen paper but what now every where i read its different so am still putting them in airing cupboard in darkness but dont know when to feed  so please help am doing so well
Nick View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2007 at 05:17
    Hey Buddy,
Here's how I just germed 4 out of 4 White Rhino seeds:
Doubled or tripled paper towels top & bottom. Placed them into a square Tupperware, about 3 or 4 x 5 inches. Under the faucet, I dripped water over all of it getting it very damp all the way through, but not so that water is running around the bottom of the container. Pull back the top layers of paper towels and place seeds on the bottom layers. Lightly place top layers on top of seeds and, lightly, press towels around seeds, moulding around seeds. Seal lid, burp, and place on a heating pad set to low. This will aid in maintaining constant temperature of around 72-78 degrees. I did this and two of my Rhinos germed overnight.! By the end of the next day I had all four seeds germed. That was about a week ago and today, under constant 250HPS light, they stand about 3-4 inches high and very healthy. 3rd set of leaves sprouting as I speak. Hope this helps. Do what you want with it.
Good Luck and Happy Toking!
Nick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>