Medical weed in the Netherlands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
growyme View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote growyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medical weed in the Netherlands
    Posted: 07 July 2004 at 14:42

The newspaper said today that the Dutch goverment has a serious problem getting rid of all their medical marijuana. Apperentally they have a stock with a value of hundreds of thousands, Euros that is...

Officially, since September 2003 only weed from 'Veendam' and 'Westland' can be sold as medical marijuana. Unfortunately only about 2.000 People up to so far have ordered their medical marijuana at their local phamacy. Much less than expected.

I would say freeze the weed, or burn it like they do with all our crops.   

And then something else. Basically having more then 5 grams on your person is illegal. Having more then 500 grams, as a coffeeshop is illegal. What happens if your goverment is sitting on 100.000's of euros in weed. You can't lose out on a deal like that right? Can't let it go stale.

Where does it go...?

Ciao for now

Alan Dronkers View Drop Down
Sensi Connoisseurs
Sensi Connoisseurs
hemp expert and cannabis enthusiast

Quote Alan Dronkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 10:01

It seems that this very conservative and anti Cannabis Government that we have the past 2 years here in holland has the plan to let this medical Cannabis initiative (from the former government) fail. Where patients where paing a litlle more then 2 euros a gram before from patient organisations now have to pay 9 euros a gram in the farmacy whitout insurence covering these patients run to the coffeeshop to get their medicine. Now the government can state there is hardly any patients and that the program is failing. 8 years after the national healthboard of holland stated that there is no sientific evidence of the medical effects they are still holding this up ignoring on purpose all the national and international evidence that has been presented in the last 8 years and before. It seems politics doesn't care about people suffering and they still want to tell the world Cannabis is bad so they lie about THC content (number juggeling) and (because of no fisical damage) they come again with one of the prohibitionists golden oldies: Cannabis psychose. If it was up to this government they close all coffeeshops (especially Christian democrats) to adjust policy with the rest of europe.........hard times here in holland

Greetings

Alan 

Delta9_Dude View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Delta9_Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 14:40

I don't get it anymore...

Is the Netherlands that 'close' with the sates? I thought in any other European counrty the are getting more and more leaniant on this subject?

Like the UK, Spain, Switzerland, Denmark and even Germany?

It is weird though. Because the hypocracy level in Holland somehow is quite high with they're weird Rules.

You can smoke in holland, but officially not on the street. Like a patient you must go to the designated area to smoke your stuff. Well i guess that is the same as with alcohol.

You can have some weed on you. But not really. At least not over 5 grams

You can grow, but not really. Not with lights and not more than 5 plants... Also not on your balcony facing the street. You know that might shock people. Like Janet did!! I'M TRAUMATIZED BY IT! Maybe a nipple is the most normal thing in the world?? Lets just ban the nipple and Ignore them titties. We'll just try and sell OUR bottled milk. Much better...

Sorry got a little out of hand there. Stoned...

You can run a coffee shop which has weed/ hash in storage. But you can't have more than 500 Kg in your shop. How does it get there?? Some person brings it there... Do you think he'll drive back and forwards with 5 grams the whole day??

Anyways.. What can we do with this? How can we stop this or help? is my question. i would love to get more involved.

Greetings

Havin' a bud, watching the game..
 Post Reply Post Reply