flowering times

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jakey View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flowering times
    Posted: 04 September 2006 at 18:46
does sensi seeds flowering times/estimates go from the switch of the light to 12/12 or when bud's start to form ie. two weeks on your finishing times given in the sensi seeds catolouges..i say this as all mine seem to overun the the estimates by a few weeks ie 8 weeks when mine go 10 weeks..i use a loupe for harvesting so i know when there ready.loving it
what a man sow is what man reap you can't plant corn and expect to reap peas
jakey View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2006 at 20:27

as delroy wilson sang.... I AM STILL WAITING LOLloving it

farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 16:41
As far as I know, it refers to the time after you switch to 12/12, but this only applies if the plants are healthy and happy for all that time. Any kind of stress will usually slow flowering.

I'd personally be inclined to even let a healthy plant go a week to 10 days longer than it says on the pack. Extra weight and I've never noticed a drop in potency.
jakey View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 17:40
yes mick i know what your saying about enviroment  but i personally think its from flowers on the plant rather than switch of light to 12/12..marketing scamEvil Smile 
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 19:18
me thinks jakey needs a smoke.
marclar View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marclar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 22:39
the flowering time countdown begins on the day you awitch to 12/12. So far I have found that my strains get done flowering a little earlier than 8 weeks (normaly takes about 5 to 6 weeks). but this mostly depends on the growroom conditions, nutrients, CO2, pH level accuracy.

Do you grow in soil or hydro. If hydro what type of system do you use (Ebb&Flow, Aero, etc)

When growing in soil the pH levels will never be super accurate, hence the nutrient absorption rate will not be optimal. Also depends on the lights.

I grow in Ebb&Flow hydro system
Fuzzy Donlop View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Fuzzy Donlop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 20:31
hi mike, the times stated on the seed packs are given as the minimum amount of time needed to produce mature flowers, obviously you can leave any flowering plants longer than it says on the packaging. it depends how you like your smoke. 
mike View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2006 at 05:37
i've noticed the same thing most useuly take longer by 2 weeks maybe ganja knows he's very helpful on things like this i can understand plants getting done faster in airoponics becuse if you chose this system most that chose it have enough money to make sure everything is perfect in the growroom but wouldn't growing in soil be just as quick if everything was at optimum levels as well
help my plant's fell over and can't stand up
 Post Reply Post Reply