Hemp in buildings (dutch)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DonQuichote View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DonQuichote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hemp in buildings (dutch)
    Posted: 12 August 2006 at 18:13
I came across this article recently (in dutch): http://www.ode.nl/news.php?nID=813

It shouldn't surprise me, off course, but I had never heared of the use of hemp fibres to reinforce loam or bricks.
The world's first phyberpunk
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2006 at 19:46
Hello,

I read the story that spring time after an old house had been refurbished hemp plants grew on the mound of waste. Packing hemp seeds in loam conserves them.

Uli
Polleke View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Polleke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2006 at 19:35
Hi DonQuichote, Hell yeah! We are currently providing technical hemp to a French Co that incorporates it in concrete, insulation and bricks. You will be amazed were it is used in today. If you have a new Citroen car, you can be sure that the plastic parts are made of a composite of ppe and hemp. Anyway, go to this site and look at it yourself, although they work with flax, the same principle goes for hemp too. See ya!

Edited by Polleke - 21 October 2006 at 19:38
An ancient Crop that builds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply