Stand-up comedians

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tepelstreel View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Tepelstreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stand-up comedians
    Posted: 12 July 2006 at 18:58
Hi,

Anybody into stand-up comedians here? Well, I've surely become interested the last couple of years. Besides Hans Teeuwen (dutch) and Eddy Murphy I'd never seen any decent comedians, but due to the lack of funny films lately (the last real funny one i've seen was "The Big Lebowsky") I started checking out more comedians.

Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Richard Pryor and Pablo Francisco are the new ones I got to see. Meh, they were hilarious. Especially Bill Hicks, it's a shame he's dead allready. Another dutch one I got to know is Theo Maassen. Very funny too, but way less extreme than Hans Teeuwen.

I kinda started collecting this stuff now. Are there people here who have some good tips on more comedians? I speak 4 languages, but humor is so delicate i'd probably only understand in english or dutch.

Tips on good comedy movies are well appreciated too, but they need to have some...eh..."basic intelligence"...if you catch my drift. No half-baked style flying stoners (god i hated that movie) or Method Men trying to be funny.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind":B.M.
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 19:08
I would check out some chappelle if I wsas you, or maybe some bill bailey. 2 Top comedians.

As for films check out where the buffalo roam, its basically the original fear and loathing in las vegas, seeing as both were loosly based on the book.

Hehe Eddie murphy is funny as hell, RAW and Delerious were amazing. Eddie's brother Charlie actually stars in the chappelle show doing various characters and skits.

Bowen

Bowen
Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
Real View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Real Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 19:14
How can one forget the redneck humor of larry the cable guy? I do have to say that Dave Chappelle does make some god cack head impressions lol.
Tepelstreel View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tepelstreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 20:03
Yeah, RAW and Delirious are simply incredible. They're the first 2 standup shows i've seen, and i'd still put both of them in my top 5. Richard pryor is great too. The show where he starts telling how he almost burned alive cuz he was getting a hit of his crackpipe is hilarious.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind":B.M.
 Post Reply Post Reply