Northern Lights #5 x Haze and Silver Haze #9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 17:40
how do you find the plant magic granuales? i have used it a good few times and the root growth seems really really healthy and quite strong root growth..

just looking at your tent reminds me i need a new one lol :)
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 22:56
Originally posted by sarah louise

Despite the size they do look like lovely buds HD :D

looking forward to seeing the next ones.

Thanks sara, wee they might be but crikey, what a smoke. I had my first go on the NL5xH last night and wow. Strong and trippy and awesome. Made my palms and soles tingle.

Next ones are doing fine and much much bigger.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 23:00
Originally posted by 1966

Hello HD i hope you are.
Its all lookin good,Best of luck until a bountiful harvest.
Have a good day

Thanks, and you too man %3coving%20it
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 23:20
Originally posted by billy bong

how do you find the plant magic granuales? i have used it a good few times and the root growth seems really really healthy and quite strong root growth..

just looking at your tent reminds me i need a new one lol :)

Hey Billy, nice to see you back.

I find the granules to be a bit hit and miss. Application is difficult, even when you mist the potting hole and the rootball, it's hard to make it stick, after all, it has to be immediately in contact with the roots to have any effect. The one noticeable effect I observed was with the 2nd NL5xH. I grew it big in it's 250ml seedling pot so the compost was well marbled, misted it, rolled it in the granules and chucked heaps at the sides of the potting hole. Even though I potted it into a 10L pot, there was fat white roots poking out the drain holes after a couple of days.

Isnt my tent the same one as yours (DS90?)
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2013 at 11:25
ye our tents are similiar but yours is hell of alot newer then mine :( i have been contemplating weather or not to purchase a new one. the local shop has a nice one 1.2x1.2x2m for 150 euro..

i got my granules from plant magic as a demo when they first released there product. when i was using it i used quite alot and it worked a treat :)

i nearly always let my seedlings get a little root bound, when transplanted the roots just exploded in the bigger pot..
l0ld4ve View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote l0ld4ve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 03:49
Those buds are looking real good.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 21:15
Originally posted by l0ld4ve

Those buds are looking real good.

Yeah, thanks l0ld4ve. Just not enough of them. More on the way tho.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 22:26
So here comes the second wave

........................................... Day 51 ........................................................................ Day 67

.................................Northern Lights #5 x Haze.................................Silver Haze #9 

For the diary, the NL5 has been 12/12ing for about 18 days and in flower maybe 7 days. The silver haze has 12/12ed for roughly 28 days, in flower for approximately 12 days. It all got a bit hazey [sic] after the 1st harvest.

Here's the 2nd phase silver haze

I'm sure it's giving me the peace sign. For fellow height obsessives, it was touching 16 inches when 12/12ed and now stands about 32 inches. Stretch has slowed this past week and it's in too big a pot, (10l) 3/4 the size would have been better as it's a bit unstable when the soil's dry. I think it will be tent-bound and yoyo-ed pretty soon. When I grow this strain again (and I will) I think I'll try for the same as what I have with the NL5.

You may recall (but probably not) that after topping I fimmed the 2 main growths. Turns out I made an arse of it by not cutting enough off and, after a delay, the grow tip and leaf began to regenerate so I topped them again which stalled them again. Pretty even canopy was the fortunate result. It was 12/12ed @ 18 inches and now stands 26 inches and growing.

Diary commitments met, it's time to get baked. Again.

alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 23:01
Looking great HD! There a good size this time around.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
l0ld4ve View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote l0ld4ve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2013 at 20:11
It looks pretty cool all evened out. I've tried it, but never been able to pull it off, there's always a couple that outgrow the rest.
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 09:46

It looks pretty cool all evened out. I've tried it, but never been able to pull it off, there's always a couple that outgrow the rest.

Have you tried super cropping? it can help even out tall branches/plants.
Peace
l0ld4ve View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote l0ld4ve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 23:45
Originally posted by sicklehand

Have you tried super cropping? it can help even out tall branches/plants.

I do super crop most branches, and I gotta work on the the way I tie them down, cause sometimes I don't tie them all down and they get different grow spurts. Specially sativas, indicas tend to be more manageable in that regard.
Outside the sun is pretty even, although sometimes it's not, or sometimes there are objects casting uneven shadows on the plants, and I just find out too late.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 20:44
Very nearly harvest time.

36 days ago:
  .................................Northern Lights #5 x Haze.................................Silver Haze #9 

Today:
.............Silver Haze #9  (Day 103)

..................................................................Northern Lights #5 x Haze (Day 87)

So yeah, both have been supported and tent-bound for weeks now so apologies for the crappish pics.

Gonna have to abort this post because of that 'Access Denied' pish when trying to post a pic %3c3cngry

Back soon..

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 21:11
So yeah, the silver haze is still a coupla weeks off being ready

Topping it once gives 2 long colas and not much elsewhere. If I could grow this plant again I'd do it differently. Not complaining tho

The twice-topped NL5 is much more efficient even though it needs 7 yoyos to hold it up. Started flushing it today and will be ready very shortly

Shall try and get some pics in daylight before I chop it.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2013 at 21:30
Originally posted by alecky

Looking great HD! There a good size this time around.

Thanks alecky! I've actually been too cautious vegging again, albeit somewhat less calamitously than first time round. I could have accommodated the NL5 being a foot taller. Happy with what I got however and learned a lot.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>