Northern Lights #5 x Haze and Silver Haze #9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2013 at 01:39
I doubt there's any point in potting her up but I'm not 100% sure about that. If you do decide to, be extra careful when handling the root ball, it would be very easy to do more harm than good! It she were mine I'd leave her be and let her do her thing. Mine was a regular seed but it was mns version not sensi's. It was a disappointment but it was the 9th male in a row, all nl5hz,i was sure he was a she tho... I've a few seeds left and was thinking of starting a couple more.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2013 at 15:49
Looks lovely man. NL5/Haze is freakin amazing.
Green-Thumb Growing
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 21:37
Originally posted by alecky

I doubt there's any point in potting her up but I'm not 100% sure about that. If you do decide to, be extra careful when handling the root ball, it would be very easy to do more harm than good! It she were mine I'd leave her be and let her do her thing. Mine was a regular seed but it was mns version not sensi's. It was a disappointment but it was the 9th male in a row, all nl5hz,i was sure he was a she tho... I've a few seeds left and was thinking of starting a couple more.

Thanks for the guidance again alecky, in the two weeks that have passed it still doesn't need potting up and won't need potting up. The root and branch structure haven't gotten any bigger.

I expect you'll have those seeds planted by now. That bad run has to stop sometime..
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 21:49
Originally posted by Solidopc

Looks lovely man. NL5/Haze is freakin amazing.

Hey Solid, good to hear from you fella.

I'm really looking forward to sampling them both. Size of them, a sample's all I'll get..

I take it your 'green thumbing' is still not possible?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 22:32
14 days ago:

Today:
........................... Day 56 ........................................................................ Day 79

..................Northern Lights #5 x Haze................................................Silver Haze #9 

Height wise, they're the same as a fortnight ago (11 and 26 inches), Bit more bud on them but plod could never accuse the grower of intent to supply.

Here's the silver haze's top at 30 days of flowering

Not much eating on it but what there is looks tasty. The other silver haze seed is now a 5 day old seedling. It's gonna be vegged much longer than the one above.

The NL5 is hopefully the ugliest plant I'll ever produce

Looking at it, if I'd allowed it develop a decent structure to grow bud on, it would have produced a lot. I'm sure it's as frustrated as I am. 

Only been in flower 22 days

so things will probably get uglier. I got another NL5 seed which I'll crack when the new silver haze has grown a bit more. Much more veg time next time, again.

Some lessons learned for the next run, No excuses.

alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 23:30
Good things come in small packages HD! I bet they both be killer smoke. Silver haze buds look lovely.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2013 at 03:20
Pretty plants or ugly plants they all go into the grinder the same way ;)

Looking forward to how these finish.

sara %3ceed%20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 21:34

Good things come in small packages HD! I bet they both be killer smoke. Silver haze buds look lovely.

Cheers alecky! Bigger isn't always better, but given the choice, you take bigger every time..
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 21:43
Originally posted by sarah louise

Pretty plants or ugly plants they all go into the grinder the same way ;)

Looking forward to how these finish.

sara %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

Hello sara, nice to hear from you, hope your ailments aren't giving you too much gyp.

The silver haze is finished already. I'll post the pics in a bit.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 22:31
So. after 98 days here is the Silver Haze #9

Still just 26 inches tall and only 49 days in flower, it is ready 

I'm not sure why my plants ripen early, but who cares

Even though it smells like hot corned beef with just a hint of grapefruit, it's the most attractively scented plant I've grown. My nose was always in it

It's size restricted the yield somewhat but I'm happy enough

My mistake was to 12/12 it too soon @ 7 inches although it nearly quadrupled in height.

So with that one safely swinging upside down, here's the next one

It's 25 days old, 10 inches tall and was topped today. It's going to be a bit bigger.

alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 03:23
Looks delicious man! Loving the big fat calyxes.   Have you smoked any yet?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 21:48

Looks delicious man! Loving the big fat calyxes.   Have you smoked any yet?

I smoked a scarcely flammable bit of popcorn last weekend to see if I could start flushing. I could barely get a toke out of it but it has potency. I'll not smoke it again until it's ready, promise.

And yeah, thanks man, a very pretty strain. I'd grow it again for the aroma. I've been hanging out in the drying cupboard quite a bit too.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 22:03
So the initial Northern Lights #5 x Haze is ready after 96 days (62 in flower.)

Towering 12 inches over the soil, this is what you might get when you under-veg an NL5

For a 12 inch plant it's produced a goodly amount but I'll be glad to see the back of it. Progress was painfully slow

Cant wait to have a smoke at it however. It's last 3 weeks flowering was spent under metal halide so it might be quite interesting.

So taking what I learned from the first attempt, here's the second attempt

It's 30 days old, just touching 16 inches tall and was topped at 4 sets of leaves. Since the picture was taken, I fimmed the top 2 tips to give it a little more veg time.

The second silver haze went 12/12 about a week ago, the first silver haze is an awesome smoke, my new favourite. Smells and tastes great with a huge soaring high. Very moreish, I've been smoking the fuck out of it.

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2013 at 09:20
Despite the size they do look like lovely buds HD :D

looking forward to seeing the next ones.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2013 at 16:59
Hello HD i hope you are.
Its all lookin good,Best of luck until a bountiful harvest.
Have a good day
Live and let live
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>