Advice for a novice Top Ten Tips pls.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PotHeadPixel View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote PotHeadPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice for a novice Top Ten Tips pls.
    Posted: 14 July 2016 at 21:57
Hi again all .. ( told you id be back hehe !! )

Could you wonderful growers please kinda point me in the right direction i.e. : Your top ten must kinda do ..... should really have ..... if possible not necessary kinda thing, i have Fem Skunk. I understand the basics having had a little time to read the posts on here but unsure on Order of Play so to speak . Also i wonder if someone could tell me what " topping " and " flushing " is as those two words keep popping up and i aint sure what they mean and any importance, if they are important ?? .... Peace Out All ....
All governments and this and that, these people that say they're here to help, why them say you cannot smoke the herb? Herb.. Herb is a plant, you know? And when me check it, me can't find no reason.
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2016 at 14:17
topping is where the growing tip of the plant is removed. this has the effect of redistributing hormones to the other side branching growing tips making the plants shorter and bushier. flushing is the process of giving just clean water for the last week or so in the plants life to help them use up any stores of nutrient that could lead to harshness in the finished product. as to an order of play i would suggest you wait now till the middle of september to start so you dont have to deal with the heat and you can be ready for the festive period at the end of the year.
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote PotHeadPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 21:26
Thanks Cowardly ....... when should you top the plant and how is it done please ? ..... ahhh flushing now makes sense .
All governments and this and that, these people that say they're here to help, why them say you cannot smoke the herb? Herb.. Herb is a plant, you know? And when me check it, me can't find no reason.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 14:47
topping is usually done to control height and is done with a pair of clean sharp scissors. all you do is cut the top off the plant just above the the node you want to go down to. if you ask uncle google im sure he will show you pictures and videos that can explain better than i can.
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote PotHeadPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 22:12
Thanks Cowardly ...... appreciate the info .

All in place now equipment wise .... setting up as we speak to start germination . I read somewhere spring water in a glass is a good way to get the seeds going ..... is that right or are there better ways ??
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2016 at 22:41
i would do a lights on test first to see what your temps are like before germinating anything. if you look on here it will give you the wet paper towel method that works flawlessly.
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote PotHeadPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2016 at 23:04
..... thanks again CowardlyCustard ,

Used the paper towel method , worked fine ..... running lights as we speak . Is there an average Temp i should be aiming for Cowardly ?? .... thanks for helping again.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2016 at 01:41
when the lights are on you want somewhere between 75f and 85f. they can handle higher temps if they have access to enough water but i would try and keep the temps down when they are small so you dont run in to problems.
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote PotHeadPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2016 at 03:05
Now six and five days from germination ..... leaf formation starting on both , ... worried my limited space will hinder growth. .. ... .... hmm . Deep pots maybe ??.... ( i have photos )
enegiss View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote enegiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2016 at 13:29
Originally posted by PotHeadPixel

Now six and five days from germination ..... leaf formation starting on both , ... worried my limited space will hinder growth. .. ... .... hmm . Deep pots maybe ??.... ( i have photos )

yeah PP, a pic would be good.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote PotHeadPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2016 at 23:50
Hi all ...... having issues trying to upload some pics ?? . Need some help as the two plants are now 21 days old and starting to show yellowing of the bottom leaves , all they have been given so far is water and still in the small pots . Any ideas would greatly help .
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 00:19
http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=146563&FID=59&PR=3
that will help you with the pictures.
the yellowing is a sign that they are starving hungry as you've not fed them. if you are going to repot them now would be a good time to do it. the fresh soil will help as it will have fresh nutrients in it but they will need to start being fed very soon. read the directions on the bottle and start with a quarter of the dose recommended and build the dosage up from there over a period of time.

Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote PotHeadPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 02:20
Thanks for the help CowardlyCustard .... will repot them first thing and feed slowly next week .
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote PotHeadPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2016 at 22:30
Re-potted and monitoring .
 Post Reply Post Reply