Charly's Buds Factory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Charly Sensi View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Charly Sensi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charly's Buds Factory
    Posted: 31 March 2016 at 17:18
Hi everyone !!

Sorry for not being as present as I'd like lately.

To be sure you guys will see me much more often, I'm starting this growing diary, to share the experience with all of you & try to make a simple "how to grow" guide from the beginning to the end.

I took advantage of the Easter Weekend to put some seeds to germinate, only regular strains.

There's some Black Domina, California Indica, & some Pineapple Punch from the Flying Dutchmen.

After couple days, most seeds have germinated

As I don't have enough Jiffys for all my seeds, I will use rockwool cubes, although beginners should probably stick to Jiffys or RootRiots (I've always worked with both Jiffys & Rockwool cubes without any issues, but some growers have experienced troubles with rockwool cubes, others with Jiffys, my best advise would be to try it all & stick with what works the best for you )

Here you can see the cubes soaking since last night in water.

Those seeds will surely be in their new nest tonight, and I will be back tomorrow for new pictures, and in meantime, if you have any questions, please let me know !!

Talk to you all soon !!

Charly Sensi.
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2016 at 21:02
Nice one Charly, cali indica has been on my to do list for years, im really looking forward to see how they grow..

All the best with your grow
Peace
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2016 at 21:25
%3chumbs%20Up%3chumbs%20Up 
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Charly Sensi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2016 at 16:00
Hello everybody !!

Thanks guys, we'll see how it goes

Not a real update, but just another step in the process:

Seedlings went to their rockwool cubes last night, most of them were stretching out this morning.

Black Domina :

Seeing this picture, I realize I completely forgot to clean my tray before putting those seedlings in !!   

Not a good idea, that will be fixed as soon as I'm back home !!

California Indica :

And to finish, the Pineapple Punch, one seed on four didn't germinate, I'm still waiting just in case

Being a little bit in a rush, and as Amsterdam was sunny today, they will stay behind my window for the moment as I still have to set up my old tent again this weekend!!

That's it for the moment, see you all next update

Talk to you all soon.

Charly Sensi.
beasty View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote beasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2016 at 17:18
Nice one :)
rly intrested in the Blackdomina Grow, since this will be 1 from my "next" grows..

What tend they will go in  and with what light u will use ?
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2016 at 17:21
Subbed!

Good luck with the grow Charlie :).

Black domina is something that i've wanted to grow for ages, cant wait for the bud shots and smoke report at the end :).
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Charly Sensi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 13:06
Hi everyone !!

Make yourselves confortable, as it is going to take some time until the smoke report !!

So, here we go the the first update of this growing diary.

Saturday, I received my new LED lamps .

Those are two fSpectrum C panels from LeoLED, a Swiss company.

Each panel consumes 125W, adding both should give 250W.

They are pretty expensive, but after seing a friend of mine on the french Forum Cannaweed using them with quite impressive results, I have been tempted to give them a try, even if I'm not used to grow with LED lamps we'll see how it goes.

I've been setting up my tent the next day, nothing fancy as I don't have much space, a small 80cm x 80cm, 1.60m tall basic tent.

Seedlings had stretched with the need of light, so they've been transplanted in 0.3L pots (7cmx7cmx8cm), in a mix of Lightmix(70%) & Coco coir (30%), and transplanted in their new home Sunday evening.

This morning, plants had stretched a little bit, so I've slightly put the panel down, 30 cm from the canopy as recommended instead of 50 cm as I initially set it up, and added the second panel at the same time.

Nothing very exciting for the moment, plants are growing, let's see how fast or slow will they grow before going to flower!!

For the moment, temperature & humidity is pretty stable :

min. : 21.9 C / 45 %   
max. : 25.2 C/ 62 %

That's all for the moment, see you all soon for another update .

Charly Sensi.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2016 at 18:18
%3chumbs%20Up

Peace
AddictedFarmer View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote AddictedFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2016 at 21:29
Looking Good lower light as much as possible its led :D

Peace.
“if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!.”
castlecity View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote castlecity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 13:19
just a beginner question here, is those regluar seeds and is there any special reason people choose regluar before feminzed seeds? other then that iam looking forward to see this led project best wishes for you :)

best regards.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 11:34
Hey cast, you could ask ten growers an get ten different answers to the fem or not to fem question, personally i prefer to grow from regular seed, i find them more stress resistant also imho they make better mothers for longer. The number of seed company's that are stocking let alone producing reg seed is dwindling due to the demand for feminized seed.

I think its sad that most new growers have probably never grown reg seed, an its posibably only thanks to diehard companys like sensi that still sell mainly unfeminized seed that they are still around at all. Dont get me wrong Im not anti fem by any means, both have their advantages and disadvantages, ie many who have limited time or space choose to use fem seed.

On the other hand those that grow from reg's are getting the true representation of the strain that has been created by a male and a female cannabis plant, an is theirs to keep forever if they wish. with fems all you need are one or two female plants reversed using STS solution to mutate one female into become a male with only XX chromosomes so will only produce female offspring. But you will need to buy more seed sooner or later as the mother begins to fade.

I dont know the numbers for sensi but from talking with dutch passion, i know that regular seed sales account for just 2% of its total sales, they see it more as providing a service than a profitable area of their business. which will mean sadly they will probably be phasing them out over time.  Sad

There really isnt a right or wrong choice, only what is right for you and you grow.

Sorry for rambling
%3c3co%3c20high
Peace
castlecity View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote castlecity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 20:35
Hey thanks for the reply relized i should taking this on other thread when i saw your answer but it cleared up some for me. now i let charlie take back his thread :)

Best regards
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Charly Sensi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 16:48
Hello everyone !!

@ Castlecity: sorry I took time to answer your question, as Sickle said, all growers have their preferences between regular or feminized seeds.

In a small tent, it could have been much wiser to go only for feminized seeds in order to optimize space & time, but in my personal case, the strains I wanted to grow just simply don't exist in feminized version !!

Sorry for the late reply, unfortunately, I also had pretty lots of work outside the Forum, but no worries, Monday morning I'll do an update with all the pictures I took so far !!

And as Monday, normally plants should be switched to 12/12, you guys haven't missed anything exciting !!

I wish you all a great weekend !!

Charly Sensi.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 09:52
Originally posted by Charly Sensi

I wish you all a great weekend !!

Charly Sensi.

Same to you Charly %3cpprove
Peace
 Post Reply Post Reply