Second Grow!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 10:45
just a suggestion. next round when you fill your pots before you plant your seeds, soak the soil in the pot completely so water is coming out of all of the holes. i always prewater my pots till they are pissing out the bottom before i set my seeds. in an atami 18l square pot i use 1.5 litres of water and get a small amount run off out the bottom. when they are small they dont need watering so often but when they are in peak flower they use that every day. what i suppose i'm trying to say is that every time you water use the same volume. that way as the girls get bigger you water them the same amount but more often. tipping the pots to see their weight is the best indicator of when you need to water but you can also buy those moisture probes to tell you for certain. 
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 13:33
Hey Custard, I've seen your plants and they do look alright but IMO when you use a HPS you get stretch for the first week/two till they put on weight, if you nail things it will be minimum like yours, but get it wrong and they will go reaching for the lazers. Plus if you read my post I said HPS as I thought they were HPS not MH, MH's are fine. I own a 110w strip, 2 x 250 cfl's, 1 x 400 MH, 1 x 600 MH and 3 hps, so i've tried em all in the same conditions, the best light is the strip by far, the cfl is good for 4-6 plants then they need the 400mh, the MH's are good for weight, but i see nothing in the first 2 weeks and the HPS will stretch.

Even if they performed the same(they dont), then i would still use the strip or cfl's cause they cost a fraction of the price and dont give off heat like the MH/HPS so cost less, easier to manage, no extraction needed. Same reason I recommended starting in smaller pots too.

These are done under a 250cfl IMO as good as the strip but the strip I can get twice the plants under, at half the watts. They are in little 10cm pots.

They are about 1" high bud

Now here's yours bud, and these are a MH not a HPS what I said but anyway.

They look about 3" and further behind mine......

So the reason for my post was Hydor was throwing 1200w at I think 5 plants, be easier, cheaper and get better results with a 110w CFL for the first few weeks.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 14:02
if you check the photo with the tape measure in it you will see that they are five nodes tall and four inches tall. to me that is not stretching. 
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 14:43
Yeah, yours were done under a MH, first thing i said was they look alright :). Just put the images up to show that you get less stretch with a CFL cause I have the light an inch or two away from the tops and costs less etc, that's why personally i wouldnt start plants under the big light.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 15:01
the way i see it is if you start at that distance with the 600 mh's the intensity at pot top is 16th of the lamps output. this is much as they can handle at that age and as they grow the inverse square law is that the light gets much stronger with every millimeter they grow. this way the plants decide how much light they want rather than you picking the sweet spot of the lamp for them. this gives for more seamless vegetative growth as they are put in to final positions from the get go. less handling, less moving, less adjustment periods, less stress, shorter flowering times.
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 14:00
at 2 other forums they are telling me its genetics and the plant will grow and produce buds!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 12:28
its possible, but you can add a good chunk of time to when you thought they were going to be ready as you wont be able to tell until it starts to produce undamaged foliage again which might take a week or longer depending on how they look now.
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 23:18
this is how they look!
i have plant only 2 seeds from the 10 i bought!
should i try one more to see if it will be like them?
the first one is like dead!! :S
the second one it shows signs like the first but it looks better!!!
if i germinate one more and it looks like this 2 should i speak with Sensi Seeds for replacements?
Super Skunk

White Diesel Auto
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2016 at 23:37
Whats wrong with you? Why wont you water the medium like you are being advised? I dont see why anyone would bother to type out advise for you to ignore. A bad worker always blames his tools, and that is the case here too, the problem is not in the seeds, the problem is your refusal too take on board the advise you are asking for.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 05:17
Originally posted by alecky

Whats wrong with you? Why wont you water the medium like you are being advised? I dont see why anyone would bother to type out advise for you to ignore. A bad worker always blames his tools, and that is the case here too, the problem is not in the seeds, the problem is your refusal too take on board the advise you are asking for.

i have water it till it drooped from the bottom! :S
i have raise the light!
i haven't blame anyone!!!
i cant see why you are attacking me like that... :(
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 13:57
Attacking you? Cop on will ya, im just being straight up with ya. That soil is too dry, with your fingers loosen the top of the soil a bit, then water slowly all the soil, not just around the stem. The soil is so dry that it has shrunk and now there is a gap between the soil and the edge of the pot, if you just pour water on top it is going to run down that gap and out the bottom of the pot. You need to make sure the soil gets saturated, then keep the soil moist, not too wet not too dry.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 14:04
if you do choose to germinate some more i would use a different pot and see how you get on. it would seem that these airpots are tricky pieces of kit to get dialed in. 
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 19:53
Originally posted by alecky

Attacking you? Cop on will ya, im just being straight up with ya. That soil is too dry, with your fingers loosen the top of the soil a bit, then water slowly all the soil, not just around the stem. The soil is so dry that it has shrunk and now there is a gap between the soil and the edge of the pot, if you just pour water on top it is going to run down that gap and out the bottom of the pot. You need to make sure the soil gets saturated, then keep the soil moist, not too wet not too dry.

it will be better to risk a transplant to a new pot with prewatered soil?!
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2016 at 19:56
Originally posted by CowardlyCustard

if you do choose to germinate some more i would use a different pot and see how you get on. it would seem that these airpots are tricky pieces of kit to get dialed in. 

i will buy 2 classic pots and put 2 more seed after i have start the seeds on smaller containers for the first 3 weeks (or more?)!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12