Second Grow!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Second Grow!
    Posted: 27 December 2015 at 21:26
hello guys!!!
this is my second grow! :D
do we have a problem?
the pics are from Super Skunk and her siblings!
why they are so different?

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2015 at 22:02
Hey bud,

I like to start my seedlings off in an inert substance, I use coco then grow with it too, but jiffy pugs, rock wool, root riot or special soil mix for seedlings will be fine :). I only give mine plain water for the first week...with no nutes.

I start mine in little pots when the roots are nice and developed or they start to turn yellow I give em some food :). I dont know what that soil is your using and if it has food in it already, might be too much for little plants?

The yellowing could be caused by too much food causing lock out, too little food or maybe they are being bleached by the light? What bulb are they under?

Soil looks awfully dry too bud.....

First and second photo looks like too much food but i could be wrong bud? see how the leafs darker shiny green.....
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 13:42
the soil is this one Canna Bio Terra Plus
i have start the seeds on eazy plug
and i have give them only clean water for 1 week like i did with the others i grow!

do you see how on the 2 firsts photos the seedling looking distressed?
i dont know why this happens since all the others are looking good!
the lights are 2x600w with cooltube

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 14:19
hey bro,

That soil has ferts/nutes already in it, so I personally wouldn't give the plants any food at all, maybe root stim if you have it but thats it :). So if you have given them food already then that's probably your problem as they are only just getting there first true leafs.

Also Please dont ignore this bit, your soil looks too dry, every photo your soil is too dry, You should water the soil so it's saturated then wait for it to dry out, your plants will be better than the last ones then.....I'd give at least 2ltrs, enough for a run off then wait, but i've said this about 5 times, so it's up to you. Looks like your just watering where the roots are around the stem, thats the place i water the least.

2 x 600's is too much, you'd get better results with a 110w CFL strip and it would save you loads on electric. How many plants? I would turn one bulb off.

Buy something like this it's amazing. http://www.hydrogarden.com/product/03-140-355# good for 10 plants, before they go to their final pots.

I also would buy some small pots 10cm - 2ltr after they have rooted in the easy plug put them in these for a week or 2 then pot to the 10's.

edit = sorry if that sounds too negative :).

edit edit = erm your photos are up, one MH will do the trick wouldnt personally use the HPS's till your flowering
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 15:16
its not negative at all!!!
its information from a more experience grower!!!
right now i'm to scared to move the plants to smaller pots! :S next time will start with smaller pots! :)

i will turn off the light without the cooltube!

i haven't feed them nuts so far!
will give each pot 2l water today with 2ml root juice per liter!

a photo of the soil
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 18:58
yeah I wouldnt move em out of the pots, just might be an idea for next time :). make life easier for you.

TBH I dont know what to tell you for the best?

all i'd say is if they were mine i'd just back off on everything. I'd firstly give them a good water around the outside of the pots working towards the stem. What you want is the roots to go searching for food. Then make sure they are not closer than 100cm for the hps/mh, make sure the fans not too strong etc(move it back and put on lowest setting for a few days). Then wait it out. wish i could give you better help, but IMO when they are small like this it's the time when they can fuck up the easiest, so best to go easy.

Anyone else got any ideas?
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2015 at 20:07
if you are going to start seedlings off under a 600w mh or hps lamp it must be 4ft away. so from the top of your pots to the bottom of your reflector 4ft. its how i do it. if you want to see my girls just check "round two". if your using cool tubes buy another one. you will be able to get both fixtures the same distance from the girls then but you will have to put up your tent to install them correctly to best effect.
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 05:30
Originally posted by CowardlyCustard

if you are going to start seedlings off under a 600w mh or hps lamp it must be 4ft away. so from the top of your pots to the bottom of your reflector 4ft. its how i do it. if you want to see my girls just check "round two". if your using cool tubes buy another one. you will be able to get both fixtures the same distance from the girls then but you will have to put up your tent to install them correctly to best effect.

4ft = 122cm!!!
they will not stretch?
the 3 purple buds i had them on 60-65cm and they stretched so much they start to fall down coz the stem couldn't hold! :S
the same will happen again right?!
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 13:31
Yes they will stretch mate. I put a link to a light you should buy to start plants off with a couple of posts ago. The HPS can be so strong it bleaches the plants if too close until they get used to it, so that's why it's recommend to start at a higher distance. I have a couple of 250 CFL's but that 110w is better than a normal 250 cfl cause of light spread. As babies they dont need strength of light as much as light spread i have found.
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2015 at 17:35
Originally posted by mellow

Yes they will stretch mate. I put a link to a light you should buy to start plants off with a couple of posts ago. The HPS can be so strong it bleaches the plants if too close until they get used to it, so that's why it's recommend to start at a higher distance. I have a couple of 250 CFL's but that 110w is better than a normal 250 cfl cause of light spread. As babies they dont need strength of light as much as light spread i have found.

yea the EnviroGro Propagation Light - Sylvania 55w Lamps! :)
i will try them on my next grow! :)
for now i will stay with what i have!
i think that seed had problem in his geno!
i cant find any other reason why she looks like an old lady with wrinkles!!! :S
2 first pics is her and the third is her sibling!

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 09:27
+1 to what Alecky has already typed out.

The seedlings should grow out of their difficulties if you follow Alecky's advice... to me the first two images look like the seedling is struggling a bit, possibly the nutrient load in the medium.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 15:21
the best way to save her is to flush right?!
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2016 at 19:30
guys what is going on?!?!?
i have pull the light up and i have give them only clean water!!!
why is this happening?! :S

HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2016 at 19:42
happy new year also!!! :D
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2016 at 10:21
Originally posted by mellow

sorry mellow but if you check round two you will clearly see that seedlings raised under a 600w metal halide lamp at a distance of four feet from pot top to bottom of reflector do not bolt or stretch. hydor its looking like a triple whammy this time. lights too close, soil too hot and not enough water. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>