round two.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 13:06
day 40. and custard says he has missed his forty two day target by a country mile. custard thinks this is because he flowered the seedlings at three weeks old when they were not properly sexually mature and because he has had stubbornly low ph issues this round.

heres how we looked moments ago.

this is custards intake filter cover after 61 days of being switched on and left on.

it was white when it came out of the washing machine.
Nec Plus Ultra
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 13:44
Looking great CC, your 42 day target was a bit optimistic alright, you might get close to that target with clones. The quickest sensi strain i ever grew was Hashplant, 45 days in flower, 55days for the longer ones. Any NL ive done was around the 60days mark, from seed. I found slightly quicker finishing plants in the regular version, approx 53-55 days.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 14:14
thanks alecky, your right they do look like they have two to three weeks left on them and i would stand a much better chance of getting closer to my target date with clones. i've never tried Hashplant but since you put it like that i think i'll add them to the collection. i'm tempted now i'm this far in and everything is looking fine to keep dialing the lights back by a half hour a week till they finish. they are on 9/15 at the moment and would get down to 8/16 by the time they had finished. i got this from drgreenbeard on youtube and thought if he was getting great success from using it that i would see how it performed for me. yield isnt massively important to me but quality is.
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 14:46
i just checked the ec and its sitting at 3. this is most probably why my ph has been persistently low. i'm going to up my co2 ppms again and just keep topping up with tap water with ph up in it (5l of water to 1ml at a time) ph up is potassium silicate so should be beneficial. hopefully this should help restore the balance so i have the correct ph, high ec, high umol light count at the canopy, high co2 ppms and adequate water so they can take advantage of all parts of their environment being turned up like this all at the same time. if you dont get the balance right when you are doing this there can be dire consequences but if you strike it right you should get spectacular results. fingers crossed i pitch it right this time.
Nec Plus Ultra
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 15:10
Hi CC yeah ive read of people cutting back hours as time goes by but im not so sure if it is that productive, at the end of the day you are taking away sunshine hours that the plant needs. I did try 11/13 and 10/14 before when i was growing sativas but tbh i didn't see any noticeable difference and have since moved back to 12/12.

Another factor in the finishing time can be the amount of nitrogen in the feed, some plants will just keep growing new foliage as long as its there so it can be beneficial to really reduce the amount of nitrogen in the feed towards the end of flower. That's why a 3 part plant food is popular with hydro growers, like the GH range.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 15:34
its the hormonal responses im trying to trigger that you dont get with the standard lighting model plus i'm hoping for better and more pronounced terpene production as these delicate compounds are destroyed by the light itself and having less of that should mean more of them. its all about the balance with these girls, i find what you gain in one area you lose in another. with this trade i'm losing potential end yield weight for a different balance in cannabinoid and trichome production.
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 17:17
day 53 and coming along nicely. down to 8hrs on and 16hrs off and on plain water with the tanks PH'd to 6.5.

Nec Plus Ultra
beasty View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote beasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 22:31
impressiv grow..
what setup are u using ?
and did u build a auto-water system? looking sweet..
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 23:05
thanks, its two 16 pot flood and drain systems stuck side by side. i didnt make this one but i will be making its replacement. i supplement with co2 which makes all the difference too.
Nec Plus Ultra
beasty View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote beasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 01:45
u mean those Co2 tabs or some similar ?
i was reading aswell some stuff about adding Co2, should give a nice boost for the plants :)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 12:02
personally as my system is the size it is i use turbo yeast with sugar and water (1pkt yeast, 20l water, 8kg sugar) to make to amounts of co2 i need to get a good reaction from the girls (lasts about six days). i wouldnt bother with the co2 tablets as the effect they can have on PH is something i would not risk. you can buy bags from exhaleco2 which work pretty well my friend assures me but i would avoid tnb the enhancer natural co2 bottles as i used one myself and thought it was expensive rubbish (£25). making carbon dioxide is really easy and really cheap and really really worth the end results. NEVER gas them when they are small though as they dont enjoy it in the slightest. i usually start gassing them when they are about a foot tall and then stop for the last week. i have read about the gas affecting the taste of the dried flowers if you gas them all the way to the end but i'm not so sure that is the case if you are using the gas from an organic source and not from an industrial bottle.
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 12:52
here is a sneaky peek from this morning. still got a ways to go and my camera is still worse than useless. i'm hoping they will be finished some time in the next 7-10 days. i'll get some better shots of the canopy later for you all to see.

Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 15:40
here we are at day 56.
left side.

right side.

center.

still not looking cooked yet but its getting close. they smell pretty wild too.
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 22:56
after taking a better look before lights on i realized that they are pretty much done and ready to come out. i think i'll spend tomorrow removing the fan leaves and colas and then maybe give them a few more days before i take them down completely. this is where i find out if i got the big B again. it doesnt look like it but i was fooled that way last time too. fingers crossed eh... 
Nec Plus Ultra
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2016 at 11:57
just a quick tip. when you are harvesting, do it in the dark or by green light. also if you do your harvest an hour before your lights would usually come on you will get a smoother smoke from your flowers and they will need less curing time too. this is because the stuff like starches and sugars that the plant produces to build itself with when the lights are on are moved down in to the roots when the lights are off. if you use this stroke of evolutionary genius (defence against grazing animals, ability to repair and rebuild damaged and missing tissues as soon as the are in daylight) to your advantage then you will be pleased you did. sometimes outdoor flowers are a little harsh to smoke without a decent cure, this is mostly because they are harvested in the daytime partially locking these molecules in the tissues of the actively growing flowers.
Nec Plus Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>