round two.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 20:39
hi mellow, was that a typo in your post or could you explain your train of thought to me as regard to raising humidity whilst flushing? 
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 20:43
lol, sorry a dehumidifier unibond one of these http://www.diy.com/departments/unibond-aero-360-moisture-absorber/307283_BQ.prd I'm having trouble drying so I've got on of these in my drying tent. Seems quite good, so far, just checking every day to make sure it's not too much.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 21:55
having it in the tent will raise the temps a good piece unless you have the tent filtered and vented and dry the bud too quick possibly locking in some of the chlorophyll giving you a harsh smoke that will need a good cure to make taste nice. i have my drying tent on a fan and filter 24hrs and just have the dehumidifier in the same room with the door closed. mine takes a week to ten days usually unless its fluff or popcorn that i force dry on the warmest piece of electrical equipment that i can find at the time...

edit: i looked at the site after i wrote this. eek. you can buy similar damp traps from pound land they come in packs of two.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 23:19
Yeah last lot 14 days still wasnt dry, that's why i picked it up, 5 days now and it's about where i normally am, it's this weather at the mo, shouldnt be this warm on the 18th dec.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2015 at 00:09
its the el nino event this year, that and the cold blob in the north atlantic. the gulf stream is weakening too and the jet stream is wandering also. weird weather is the new normal thats here to stay unfortunately. must be a nightmare for most in agriculture as even us lowly indoor farmers are witnessing the effects of climate change first hand.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2015 at 11:33
ok, so this morning i switched out two of the MH lamps for HPS and removed the hour in the middle of the night that was keeping them in a vegetative state and dialed back the day length to eleven hours to trigger flowering. so instead of having the lights running 12hrs on, 5.5hrs off, 1hr on, 5.5hrs off for their daily cycle its now 11 on and 13 off. and now the anxious wait to see if i vegged them too long or not enough. fingers crossed i pitched them right this time eh...  
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2015 at 12:10
El nino indeed bro, crazy! I just wanted to say that your plants look really good for 3 week olds I'd say your at least a week ahead of mine or mine are a week or so older and have 5/6 nodes, so it's either the light cycle or you've got everything dialed in, or both lol(I got mine on 24/7). So whats the reasoning behind the 11/13 rather than 12/12 will it will ripen the flowers sooner? I know with sat heavy strains people do that in the final weeks to help em finish.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2015 at 14:06
if i only removed the hour and left them on twelves it would take a while for the florigen balance to tip enough to trigger flowering. dialing them back to eleven will force this as more florigen is produced in the unbroken night that is now thirteen hours long.  i'm gonna leave them on elevens for fourteen days and then dial them back a half hour a week till i get to nine hours at the beginning of week six and leaving them on nines till they finish which should be somewhere around day 42 give or take a day. tick tock...
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2015 at 14:52
Sweet, cheers for the info :)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2015 at 15:33
Originally posted by mellow

Sweet, cheers for the info :)
no worries mate, i'm gonna do a complete time and money break down and analysis at the end. see how it all stacks up.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2015 at 15:35
Sounds good bro. I got a mate on another site recons he gets 2g/w. he uses his bulbs vertical though, once I get my garden in order with strains I want to keep im gonna have a try :).
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2015 at 15:49
he must have a strangle hold on his environment. does he use co2? 
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2015 at 16:12
I get about 0.75 sometimes a little more so im interested in what he does. he use's 1.5m2 with 2 x 600's, he's dangling them down on some system that hes made. So it's a vertical grow.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2015 at 16:27
the vertical systems are interesting pieces of equipment. cant says ive considered one but i'd like to reserve judgement till i've seen one up close.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2015 at 20:48
heres how we are looking on day one of flower. twenty two days after breaking ground.

the stragglers and especially the droopy one that are well behind might get pulled and gifted as its looking likely they will get crowded out anyway depending on how far these ladies spread outward as they stretch during the flowering period. think it might have been water stress that stalled them and thats why they didnt get down in to the buckets like the rest of them have. shame really but not the end of the world.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>