round two.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 11:40
Originally posted by sarah louise

I love the uniformity and clean look of the tent... nice growing CC
thanks, their uniformity is a credit to their genetics. must say i'm very pleased with them.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 16:34
the body of the tape measure is two and a quarter inches and with the tape pulled out as it is the length is six inches in total.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2015 at 20:20
heres how we looked earlier today. day 17.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 19:21
so now is decision time for me. all of the girls are at least five nodes tall with a couple here and there that are straggling behind on three. i think i'll leave them for the full twenty one days in the growth cycle any more than this and i risk losing them in the lights at the end of flowering. if i had more headroom i would keep them growing till they had filled out the canopy and i could no longer see the pots but doing this would add another foot or more to the top of the plants that i just dont have :( so on the morning of day twenty two i'm going change out the bulbs, dial back the timers and sit back and see what happens. soon find out if i over did it or not with the veg cycle days but as i am leaving one of the mh lamps in with the two hps lamps it should reduce stretching. soon find out if what i read translates in to what i see in reality. i'm quite excited to see how close i can get to the peak flowering times stated in the blurb. tick tock...
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 21:24
Just flip the light under the MH's bud then after a week or so change up to the HPS. Oh you not got digital ballasts? if you have just change the bulbs out later, thats what i normally do.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 22:18
Originally posted by mellow

Just flip the light under the MH's bud then after a week or so change up to the HPS. Oh you not got digital ballasts? if you have just change the bulbs out later, thats what i normally do.
i've got the gavita digistar 600's, takes two minutes to change out the bulbs. i want to start the flowering cycle from lights on day one with the two red and one blue as i think changing the spectrum they receive after the lights have been dialed back stresses the plants and sets them back in terms of flowering in days lost as they adjust to the new frequencies and intensities. these are only small things but if you are looking for the legendary 125g plant in 42 days then these are the places you should be looking to see where you can polish your technique to minimize stress and get the results you have been drooling over while reading the press for these girls.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 15:12
day 19 and custard has been looking at the numbers so far for this round. just to run the 1800w's of lights each day draws 22.2kwh. each kwh costs 12.5p. so times them together and i get a cost of £2.77 per day. times that by the 21 days i intend to veg for and i get a total cost of £58.25 for my vegetative period.

heres how we looked today. had some ph drift downwards on this side its not gone under 5.5 so no reason to worry just yet but they do look a little behind the other tank which has only fluctuated by a point here and there.

ive found some 8 way manifolds that i can use to automate the watering of the blocks so that i wont have to manually water them till the plants roots are established enough to drink the soup from the bottom of the bucket. looks like i'll have plenty of modifications to do during the clean up.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 19:37
just as a side note, i ordered my turbo yeast today to make my co2 gas with. not sure when i'll start letting them off though as the girls need to be a little larger before i do so that they can handle it. only problem with making the gas this way is that once its on its on and you have no way to meter the dose. but i had good results from this practice last time and am hoping to see a difference this time too. oh and i think i spotted my keeper fingers crossed.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 19:44
bloody hell dont be gassing ya self ;).
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2015 at 20:00
Originally posted by mellow

bloody hell dont be gassing ya self ;).
not much chance of that my friend i'll be doing them in in big clear glass carboys in the bathroom. be interesting to watch i should think what with the gas being produced and the convection currents in the liquid. i always did them in plastic before so didnt see what was going on in there but now its glass i will.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2015 at 12:18
so i go to see the girls this morning and the left tank has dropped to PH 5.4, right tank is still sitting stable at 5.9. so to remedy this i pumped out 20 litres from the reservoir and added a fresh batch of unadjusted soup and now the PH has popped back up to 6. i dont really want to flush and refill the tank but if this carries on like this its looking like i might have to.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2015 at 14:12
fucking typical just when things are going well for a change my fan and silencer split and the silencer drops on one of the girls. how or why this has happened is a fucking mystery to me and i'm pissed off about it for sure. so for the next round the fan and silencer will be on the outside the tent. to be frank i'm seriously considering ditching the tent and making a cabinet out of dexion and plaster board and making it a permanent part of the house. should thank my lucky stars it didnt happen in full flower really. i apologize for swearing to the sensitive souls that are reading this but if this ever happens to you i'm pretty sure you'll be swearing too.  
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2015 at 14:35
had to be at the back where i struggle to get at it.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 11:27
alrighty, so this morning i poke my head in to see them and check on the bashed one and heres how we looked. must say i'm pretty pleased she righted herself over night. shame to have lost a leaf though.

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2015 at 19:49
She'll be fine bud :). All looking great! Picked up a little 10 pound humidifier from wicks the other day, nice piece of kit. Thinking of throwing on in the flower room for when im flushing through.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>