round two.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: round two.
    Posted: 29 November 2015 at 13:36
so i started these on the morning of the 25th (full moon)

here's how we looked earlier today.

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2015 at 16:23
Sweet :). Well the rot got me a little too this grow? Never had it this late in the year must be very humid....Good luck with this one buddy :).
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2015 at 19:37
Originally posted by mellow

Sweet :). Well the rot got me a little too this grow? Never had it this late in the year must be very humid....Good luck with this one buddy :).
sorry to hear that, i'm pretty sure that there are more mold spores in the air these days and with the weather going in pretty wild directions i can see it only getting worse.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 05:49
Welcome to the world little ones... it is so nice to see them begin the journey in an organised setup (that is comment aimed at my grow and no one else's).

All the best for the grow CC. :D
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 10:42
Originally posted by sarah louise

Welcome to the world little ones... it is so nice to see them begin the journey in an organised setup (that is comment aimed at my grow and no one else's).

All the best for the grow CC. :D
thanks, i have it nearly how i want it now. just need to finish the hanging cradles for my chillers and a few other tweaks here and there and my system is finished and complete. its taken the best part of a year to get here but i'm pleased with the end results so far.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2015 at 15:16
we broke ground on the 28th nov. this is how we looked earlier on today.

Charly Sensi View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Charly Sensi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2015 at 15:43
Hello CC

Good Luck with your new grow, & sorry I took time to update your status.

Could you also maybe give us couple details about your conditions if you don't mind & have time?

pH & Ec ( or ppm) for example, even if most growers, mostly in hydro, will have these notions acquired, it can always be pretty handy for newbies to understand how do you work & how does feeding work

Keep us updated & all the best for this new journey.

Talk to you soon.

Charly Sensi.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2015 at 18:04
hello Charly and thanks. for this time out of the blocks i soaked my jiffy pellets in boiled and cooled tap water and then just simply put the seeds in the pellets making sure the seed was covered by the peat. i use the inside of a bic pen to do this as its perfect for the job. next i made up a feed solution of PH 5.5 and an EC 0.7 to soak the rockwool blocks in. the reason for soaking the blocks for 24hrs is to stabilize them at the PH you want. after soaking for 24hrs the blocks will have a PH of 6 or there abouts. for the actual reservoirs i keep them at PH 6 and an EC that im not really sure of. my starting solution is an EC of 0.7 for the girls when they are this small but i also add cal/mag and some liquid silicon to the mix and do not know how they affect the EC values as i do not measure it any more. the reason i know my starting solution is what i say it is or is as near as makes any difference, is because its written on the side of my packaging. my reservoir temperatures are between 66f/19c and 69f/21c for the time being. when i have finished the cradles for my chillers i will have them set to cool the tanks to 64f/18c. my day time air temps are @85f +/- with night @65f +/- also i find that if i keep the house heating programmed to 62f/17c that it keeps my environment stable through out the day. the humidity starts in the mid 60's in the morning and is in the low 40's when the lights go out. this time i am running three 600w metal halides for the whole of the veg period and will be switching to two HPS and one MH for the flowering stage. i am also still using the the GLR lighting schedule and have my lights fixed at the top of the tent so there is four feet between the top of the pots and the bottom of the reflector and will not be moving them for the duration of this round.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2015 at 12:16
day 11 after breaking ground.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2015 at 22:25
looking at the calendar today is day thirteen.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2015 at 00:04
out of the 35 seeds i germinated 33 came up with out a hitch and pretty much all at the same time, 1 seed split its husk but then preceded to rot in its shell. but the last one i found hiding in its pellet.

i've given her a fresh pellet. see how we go eh...

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2015 at 22:15
here are a few from today, think we've passed through the seedling stage and have now started vegging in earnest. calendar says day fifteen.

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2015 at 22:41
All looking very beautiful nice and uniform :)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2015 at 23:24
Originally posted by mellow

All looking very beautiful nice and uniform :)
thanks, these 600w mh lamps are really doing the business. think i'll let them get another couple of nodes on them, change two of the bulbs for hps and then dial back the lights and watch the show.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2015 at 05:12
I love the uniformity and clean look of the tent... nice growing CC
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>