First Grow!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 13:31
Yeah I used to grow og raskel's master kush had two phenos one green and one purple the green one was small calaxed and mediocre and the purple one was very light green bud with purple hues, tasted more sweet than the green too, it was nice.

Plants all looking good mate a bit of nute burn by the looks of it but nothing to major if you keep you eye on it.
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 13:39
we werent talking about outdoor plants. but no matter.
Nec Plus Ultra
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 15:01
They are all outdoor plants CC, we just choose to grow them indoors.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 18:43
yes, but how can you call a plant that has been selectively bred over multiple generations under lights and thats never even seen the sun an outdoor plant. 
Nec Plus Ultra
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 20:05
Well you are going way off the subject now CC, but i could ask you the same thing. How can a plant that was created outdoors and pro creating outdoors for millennia, then bring it inside for a relatively small time(in the grand scheme of things) and subsequently call it an indoor strain?

But to get back on point, as you suggested, most plants will turn purple in colder temperatures. I gave the outdoor reference because by the time October comes around it usually not far above freezing and most plants will be purple in some way or another.

Im saying if you are paying your hard earned cash for a purple strain, you should get purple plants regardless of temperature or whether you grow them inside or out. Thats all im saying on it CC, im not getting dragged into a pissing contest with ya about it. 
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2016 at 20:41
its not a pissing contest. sativas pollinating indicas or the other way round wouldnt happen in nature thats what i mean about selective breeding to produce indoor plants. and i agree with what you say about forking over your pennies for something and not getting what you expect.
Nec Plus Ultra
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2016 at 17:01
so guys from what i understand NOW there is no way to make the buds purple... :S
it is my fault not turning the temperature lower inside the tent?
when i sent a msg at FB they told me they cant answer me there coz of legal thinks! didnt know that and sorry for mention it on FB msg!
someone from the Sensi Seeds can tell me anything about it?! :(
new photos!

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2016 at 17:40
Yeah they aint gonna turn purple now bud.

Just want to say your plants are looking a lot better than the first one, looks like they are more hydrated and alive, well done mate.

the way the leafs are all pointing up has it been a little too warm for them? or maybe the light to close? either way they look like nice plants.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2016 at 18:57
i was wondering what that thing was with the string and tape?
Nec Plus Ultra
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2016 at 22:18
Originally posted by CowardlyCustard

i was wondering what that thing was with the string and tape?

thermometer! :P
for better view on the pictures right click and open in new window! :)
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2016 at 22:23
Originally posted by mellow

Yeah they aint gonna turn purple now bud.

Just want to say your plants are looking a lot better than the first one, looks like they are more hydrated and alive, well done mate.

the way the leafs are all pointing up has it been a little too warm for them? or maybe the light to close? either way they look like nice plants.

the temperature is always from 24 to 26 when the lights are on and 20-23 when off!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 01:53
it would have to be much cooler than that, like 15c and less to get the colour to change.
Nec Plus Ultra
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 16:26
yeah no probs bro, maybe they was a little thirsty when you took the photos????
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 21:39
6 years ago I was growing in a poor and cold environment and my plants turned purple a bit. It was in one of the coldest winter we ever had here and I nearly thought they gonna die. I think I was about 10-12 degrees during night.

after asking google, the rqs site tells me that I was write about it (btw it was the grow I shared on this forum, strain was power flower from rqs, have a look at my gallery)

source: rqs site The Wrong Ways to Turn Your Pot Purple
Many people, mistakenly, believe that the best way to turn cannabis purple is to metaphorically help it hold its breathe. Depriving the plant of oxygen, carbon dioxide or any other gas will not increase the chance for purple buds. Also, increasing the nitrogen load will not change the color unless it burns the plant to a crispy shade of brown.

There are other, less popular methods, that are also not very profitable. Although it may work, we do not recommend using food coloring to dye your plant. Further, you cannot change the color of the plant by talking, singing or yelling at it. Finally, the color is not dependent on the light cycle, the amount of water or the growth medium used.

The Right Way to Turn Your marijuana Purple
Having said all of this, the advantages of growing purple bud are worth the extra work. There is an easy way to ensure that the pot you grow takes the unique color you desire. Simply follow this step-by-step method to get the beautiful pot of your dreams.
Step 1: Select the Correct Cannabis Seeds
The first step to getting purple bud is selecting the correct seed. In order to turn purple, your plant must be high in anthocyanin. This is the same pigment that makes eggplant and blueberries purple. Examples of strains that are high in anthocyanin are Blue Mystic, Blue Cheese, Haze Berry, Northern Light Automatic and Bluematic.

(remember, for me it also worked with a sativa dominant power flower strain)

Step 2: Create the Correct Temperature
The next step is to create the correct temperature. Anthocyanin is typically hidden by the stronger pigments in chlorophyll. During the fall months, however, the green pigments break down. This causes the anthocyanin to come out. In other strains, it can cause yellow, gold or blue pigments to come out.
During the flowering stage, turn the temperature down during the night cycle. It should sit below 50 degrees Fahrenheit or 10 degrees Celsius. The bud should begin to purple about two weeks before harvest.

#############################################################################

I also remember that I couldnt drive to my grow shop to buy more fertilizer, so I just fed them with pk13/14 the last weeks and they lacked any nitrogene. but be aware, maybe I just was a lucky guy but a friend of mine told me a lot of potassium may increase purple. give it a try with one plant maybe
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2016 at 11:45
Originally posted by snoopy85

6 years ago I was growing in a poor and cold environment and my plants turned purple a bit. It was in one of the coldest winter we ever had here and I nearly thought they gonna die. I think I was about 10-12 degrees during night.

after asking google, the rqs site tells me that I was write about it (btw it was the grow I shared on this forum, strain was power flower from rqs, have a look at my gallery)

source: rqs site The Wrong Ways to Turn Your Pot Purple
Many people, mistakenly, believe that the best way to turn cannabis purple is to metaphorically help it hold its breathe. Depriving the plant of oxygen, carbon dioxide or any other gas will not increase the chance for purple buds. Also, increasing the nitrogen load will not change the color unless it burns the plant to a crispy shade of brown.

There are other, less popular methods, that are also not very profitable. Although it may work, we do not recommend using food coloring to dye your plant. Further, you cannot change the color of the plant by talking, singing or yelling at it. Finally, the color is not dependent on the light cycle, the amount of water or the growth medium used.

The Right Way to Turn Your marijuana Purple
Having said all of this, the advantages of growing purple bud are worth the extra work. There is an easy way to ensure that the pot you grow takes the unique color you desire. Simply follow this step-by-step method to get the beautiful pot of your dreams.
Step 1: Select the Correct Cannabis Seeds
The first step to getting purple bud is selecting the correct seed. In order to turn purple, your plant must be high in anthocyanin. This is the same pigment that makes eggplant and blueberries purple. Examples of strains that are high in anthocyanin are Blue Mystic, Blue Cheese, Haze Berry, Northern Light Automatic and Bluematic.

(remember, for me it also worked with a sativa dominant power flower strain)

Step 2: Create the Correct Temperature
The next step is to create the correct temperature. Anthocyanin is typically hidden by the stronger pigments in chlorophyll. During the fall months, however, the green pigments break down. This causes the anthocyanin to come out. In other strains, it can cause yellow, gold or blue pigments to come out.
During the flowering stage, turn the temperature down during the night cycle. It should sit below 50 degrees Fahrenheit or 10 degrees Celsius. The bud should begin to purple about two weeks before harvest.

#############################################################################

I also remember that I couldnt drive to my grow shop to buy more fertilizer, so I just fed them with pk13/14 the last weeks and they lacked any nitrogene. but be aware, maybe I just was a lucky guy but a friend of mine told me a lot of potassium may increase purple. give it a try with one plant maybe

ty for all the info m8!!!!
my next grow (1 month from now) will be again the purple buds from Sensi Seeds but this time i will try to follow your "guide"!! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>