First Grow!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Grow!!
    Posted: 23 September 2015 at 12:14
so guys i just started my first grow! :D
after many ppl told me to start with soil since i'm new to indoor growing! :P

Soil = http://www.biobizz.com/products/organic-substrates/light-mix

Nutriments = BioBizz Try-Pack Indoor + BioBizz Root Juice and BioBizz Acti-Vera

Light = Philips Son-T Pia Green Power 400W with Hammered Reflector 50cm reflector and ETI 400W MH & HPS

Containers = Air-Pot 10lit http://air-pot.com/

since i didnt had the money for tent and ventilation I decided to start my first grow with an automatic White Diesel Haze https://sensiseeds.com/en/feminized-seeds/whitelabel/white-diesel-haze-automatic inside an old closet 60X70X160 at my attic!

the temperature with the lights on is around 24-26°C!
i leave the door of the closet little open for fresh air.
after germinated the seed i put it in the Eazy Plug and this is what i took after 1 week! :)

20/9/15

22/9/15

any help/suggestions are appreciated!!!

PS full sized pics
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2s6o4md.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2yx4tn6.jpg
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2015 at 13:16
all looking good, my friend uses those air pots for coco so it will be interesting to see how they work with soil.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2015 at 15:18
Welcome to the forum HyDoR. It might be ok to keep the door open to stop your closet from becoming to hot but your seedlings will need moving air to grow strong.

All you need is small oscillating fan to keep the iar moving around and this will strengthen your seedlings stems.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2015 at 16:10
Good luck with your grow hydor :).

What's the bulb? they only really sell two kind of hps near me sunmaster and growtec? Is it a HPS or a MH? Your ballast can take both bulbs.

I would recommend a tent as they are just an easy way to keep a good environment for your plants. You will need extraction too, not to bad now but in flower i'd want it, unless the wardrobe is left open?

I would try to save for a small extraction kit you can get a 4" or 100mil one for about £90. But if your going to get a tent later then buy the kit that will go in the tent.

Anyway, just thinking out loud :). Good look with your grow bud.
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 12:29
hello guys and ty for your msgs! :D

Sarah at 23/09/2015 i took an old fan and put it to blow near the plant (the seedling is swinging)!

mellow the lamp its an HPS Dual Lamp
• 58.500 Lumens
• 24.000 Life Hours
• 140 Par Watts
and yes i'm trying to save some money to buy a tent and a Ventilation Kit

i think i have a problem but i dont know what exactly!
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 12:38
Be careful with the fan, make sure its moving and not just facing the seedling, I've heard that it can damage if too much, but it's never happen to me.

When you next take a photo take the plant away from the HPS. if you cant do it in normal light, then a house bulb or flash will give a better colour image than the HPS. Help for these guys to tell you what the problem is :).

HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 13:04
24/09/2015

it cant be nutrient problem since the soil is ok from food for one week!
also last night i have put 330ml of my solution Bio-Grow + Acti-Vera (1ml of both on 1L water)!

it was hot last day and the temperature hit 31°C but i drop it at 28 with the fan!

PS full sized pics
you can zoom on the pics with clicking on them
photo 1
photo 2
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 13:10
Hey bud looks like a little heat stress, but I'm sure the others who know more will say will say. A little over fed but not too bad. I'd move the light away some. Could also be from the fan too? TBH she looks good, but the 400 must be pelting some heat in that room.
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 13:16
i will let it sleep during the day and will open the light the night!
in order to manage that last night i didnt turn the light off so it was open 24/24 for one day!
is this wrong?! :S
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 13:43
I would invest in a "plug and grow" timer, they're only about 15 euros. For flower you want to make sure the light is on and off at the right times, so I think you'll need one then.

EDIT = Erm your growing a auto plant, lol. Erm, I don't even know what light cycle your meant to do with an auto, I've never grown one. maybe 12/12 from the start who knows?

I found this

"under 24-0 and 20-4 i was getting very poor results, averaging around 1/4oz to 3 8ths. this was from several plants all hit very poor yields,
under 12-12 i averaged around 2oz per plant."

but I didnt read the whole thread have a look on google for the best light schedual for an auto :).
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 18:45
i have bought a plug and grow timer today and i'm charging him (instructions saying it needs 14 hours) so later today i will use him!
after 8 hours in dark the leaves are still the same! :(
what else i have to do? its feeding problem or just heat stress? :S :(
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 18:50
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 19:01
this is the one i took http://www.skroutz.gr/s/7182655/OEM-%CE%95%CE%B2%CE%B4%CE%BF%CE%BC%CE%B1%CE%B4%CE%B9%CE%B1%CE%AF%CE%BF%CF%82-%CE%A8%CE%B7%CF%86%CE%B9%CE%B1%CE%BA%CF%8C%CF%82-%CE%A7%CF%81%CE%BF%CE%BD%CE%BF%CE%B4%CE%B9%CE%B1%CE%BA%CF%8C%CF%80%CF%84%CE%B7%CF%82-TGE-2A.html
they are saying to leave it on the plug for 14 hours to charge the the battery for the back-up memory!

anyway i will just w8 and see what will happen! :P
sorry for all this spam but its my first grow and i wanna minimize the risk of failing! :D
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 19:08
This is the one I meant buddy its called plug and grow.

http://www.tropicannahorticulture.com/plug-and-grow-timer

I dont know about the one you have are they designed to take the wattage of lights?
HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 19:12
yea they can take up to 3600w! :D
Voltage : 220-240VAC, 50Hz
Max Load 16(2)a, 3600W
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>