show time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2015 at 19:03
i was going to put my third fixture back in but after seeing this i wouldnt want the extra heat to soften the plastic any more than it already has been. when these girls are finished i'll do the take down and clean up, get the boiler fixed and replace the frame, hang the third light and sit back ready for the next show. today is morning 20 and i noticed a blue film on the top of my water. i changed out 70 litres 5 days ago and topped up by about seven litres in one side and eight in the other today. i was gonna leave changing the tanks until the last 2 weeks for the final flush but after noticing this i shall have to keep an eye on it and change them again sooner if needs be. i will be getting a pair of hailea chillers to get my tank temps down so in future i shouldnt get any algal or bacterial bloom.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 11:56
morning twenty two, its tough to get decent pictures with any perspective but here are a few of the better looking shorter ones.

here is a picture of the algae

think i'll change some out and suck this lot off the top.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 12:29
Looking good CC, algae is usually as a result of the light hitting the water, maybe if you can cover that hole with a piece of black card or something it should prevent it going forward. 
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 12:50
Originally posted by alecky

Looking good CC, algae is usually as a result of the light hitting the water, maybe if you can cover that hole with a piece of black card or something it should prevent it going forward. 
thanks, i'll cut a couple of squares of the black and white i have and hopefully it should slow it a piece.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2015 at 12:21
morning 24, here are some of the prettier taller more sativa leaning girls.

looking likely i'll have to harvest these later than the shorter more indica leaning ones.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 16:38
morning 29, still with my awful camera but with a 1.5l evian bottle for perspective. is still tough to get pictures from inside the tent but as i live on a busy road i cant throw open the tent and stand back and marvel at how lovely they look no matter how much i want to.

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 16:43
Coming along nicely :).

If you're taking a photo under the hps, you can put a pair of sunglasses in front of the lens. Not tried it my self but theres a thread of this forum showing them, look a lot better :).
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 18:04
Originally posted by mellow

Coming along nicely :).

If you're taking a photo under the hps, you can put a pair of sunglasses in front of the lens. Not tried it my self but theres a thread of this forum showing them, look a lot better :).
my sunnies have amber lenses which makes the photos look the same, this is a fluorescent light filter on my phones camera. will get a pair with blue lenses and a better camera when the opportunity presents itself.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 01:12
just a small update, was morning 36 yesterday and i finished with the dial back of my lights so that they are 9hrs on and 15hrs off.

this is the right side

and here is the left

HyDoR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote HyDoR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 03:38
damn!!!
this are some really sexy plants!!! :D <3
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 13:11
Originally posted by HyDoR

damn!!!
this are some really sexy plants!!! :D <3
thank you. this is just a test run with the new equipment so i can learn how it performs and how to manage the heat and humidity that it generates effectively. i saw my guy in the shop the other day and got some more northern lights feminized seeds for my next run, at the time i wasnt aware that the packaging had been changed for the thirtieth anniversary and picked up one of the grey packets. after looking online turns out the grey packets are for the autoflowering varieties. so the next day i returned to the shop and exchanged them for the purple packaged ones which now denote feminized seeds. with this next batch i should get the vigorous homogeneous mono-crop i was hoping for this time but didnt get due to my poor choice of starting genetic material. 
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 14:10
Hi!
Very nice looking plants! Best of luck for the rest of it :)

There is a simple solution for the algae that I've used a couple of times and it works very well: You could add a little bit of Hydrogen Peroxide to your reservoir and circulate it through your system. It will kill off all the algae and bacteria without harming the plants.

Cheers

OG
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 14:18
Originally posted by organicgrow

Hi!
Very nice looking plants! Best of luck for the rest of it :)

There is a simple solution for the algae that I've used a couple of times and it works very well: You could add a little bit of Hydrogen Peroxide to your reservoir and circulate it through your system. It will kill off all the algae and bacteria without harming the plants.

Cheers

OG
thank you, i suppose it would be good practice to get a bottle just to have sitting in the box for any future problems i may encounter. to be forewarned is to be forearmed so they say.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2015 at 15:35
so today is morning 42 and here in lies the rub. as i was cavalier in my choice of stock for my girls it has come back to bite me in the arse. i have two distinctly different phenotypes and this is the kicker, one of them is very close to being ripe as where the other still looks to have weeks left on it. as they are all mixed up together in the system i have no ideas as to whether to harvest the indica looking ones first and leave the sativa looking ones in or just grow a pair of balls and and leave them all in till they are all good and ripe. not so sure that harvesting the indica ones and leaving the rootball in the system to rot while the others finish off is a great idea and harvesting them plus removing the rootball is out of the question. any of your thoughts or opinions at this time could be very helpful.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2015 at 16:04
No experience with this, but i have left plants in the tent for a few weeks over and it didn't do em any harm, I think you see where you are in a couple of weeks, but personaly I'd leave em all in there. Not sure if the roots would die if you took the tops off though, depends how much you take off. But i've known people to flower, strip the plant then re veg, so either or?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>