Northern lights auto - first time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
musicman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Northern lights auto - first time
    Posted: 02 July 2015 at 19:21
Hello to everyone , I will try here to keep a diary of my first effort on planting cannabis.
I started with germination last weekend , Friday night actually , and everything went well.
Now it is 6 cm tall , and for now I have it under a CFL lamp (30W = 150W, daylight 6500K,)
My intention is to grow it with only one light. My space at the moment , doesn't allow me to use a lamp with ballast , so I'm going for one grow-bloom CFL lamp I found online , and I'm going to buy it until weekend. I found two models one with 125W and one with 200W.
1) http://thepurefactory.com/en/catalog/pure-light/cfl-lamps/cfl-125w-greenpower-2700k-6400k
2) http://thepurefactory.com/en/catalog/pure-light/cfl-lamps/cfl-200w-greenpower-2700k-6400k
I didn't add any nutrients so far , I've planted in a pot (15x15 cm).
I'm giving it a little water every day but mainly I'm spraying the soil which is a general purpose formulated soil for all indoor and outdoor plants.
I will upload a photo on Saturday.
Greetings

artisan du bonheur View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote artisan du bonheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2015 at 19:50
hi,

200W 2700k is good for flowering room, the   growing room not need much power and a 125w 6400k is good enough.

Best regards
Artisan
musicman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2015 at 20:53
Hello again, here is the first picture of my little friend. It's in day 6. I bought a fan today to give it some air, because I see some leaning. I give it some water once a day , I wonder if I should give it a little more.
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 12:47
Hey bud,

Please make sure you've got your cfl close to the plant and a oscillating fan blowing across your plant. The fan not only gives it air but also strengthens the stems and stops it from getting to stretchy.

IMO you should invest in a 400w HPS to flower.

You will get buds back from the cfl, but they wont yeild or be as dense as a hps.

There was a memeber of this forum a long time ago that grew with cfl's and his plants looked ok considering, but i wouldn't.

I don';t grow in soil, but from what I've read be careful about over watering it. My first grow went coco and never looked back :).

Anyway good look with your grow bud, the little one looks healthy
musicman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 13:33
Hey, I have the lamp at a 15 cm distance from seedling. I have two more seeds , as I'm getting familiar with growing I'll try new things. My goal is to do some harvest in two months ...%3coving%20it
Thanks for the advices , I'll try to upload photos couple times a week , so I can get help if needed.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote artisan du bonheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2015 at 17:14
hi,

200W is 200W. The harvest will be about the same with a 200W HPS as a CFL200W (1 or 2 spliff more or less)
  for a beautiful harvest 400W is the minimum.
But 600W much more profitable investment

CFL is fine for growth, or else to produce seeds (that need less power to the weed but need to be productive to work on bonsai)

neon tube also good for growth

i use CFL to make seeds, some time i smoke this weed ( lot of pops in the spliff for sure) , plants don't look the same that with a good 600HPS for sure

Humm sorry for my strange english

Best regards
Artisan
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 13:17
Hey,

Just for your information,

a 250W CFL outputs 12,500 lumens.

https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/250w-cfl-systems

A 250W HPS outputs 33,000 lumens.

https://www.hydroculture.co.uk/sunmaster-250w-dual-spectrum.

so nearly three times the amount.

That's why I recommend a HPS, personally if it's a small space then I'd use a 400HPS, I used one once before in a 90cmx90cmx1.6cm tent and the buds were fine.

Artisan your english is fine friend :).
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote artisan du bonheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 17:19
i've not the same ...

une HPS de 250w ~ 28 000 lumens
une CFL de 250w ~ 18 000 lumens
HPS warmer , put higher than cfl, earning nothing,
 but cfl very low so only bonsai
thus wasting time
One bud with CFL not give much

for the choice your right ! 400W more and more better than 250W ( HPS or cfl)

best regards
Artisan

musicman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 17:29
Thanks guys , I pause the order to rethink it. The supplier also told me to go for a 400W HPS. So I'll do my best . My little friend is in day 8, the second pair of leaves taking form. But is leaning , should I put some extra amount of soil?  I've read that the seedling will stand straight by itself .
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote artisan du bonheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 17:34
hi there ,

no all good , do nothing else , just give water

Best regard
Artisan
musicman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2015 at 17:46
Ufff thanks Artisan. I think the seedling took that position, because the first two days I had it by the window without artificial light, and my room receives light until midday. At least everything is ok . I should make my mind soon about the lamps...talk to you soon
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 10:02
Yeah seedling looks ok. Maybe a little stretchy but not too bad.

Looks good for first attempt!!

Yeah have a look at a HPS, how much space do you have bud? HLW?
musicman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 17:45
Hi mellow, the growing room is between 1-2 m^2. The real limitation is the height 1.07 m.
This is the reason I try to grow a compact plan. So here comes another thought, if I use a HPS lamp I have to keep a bigger distance between the lamp and the plant, so that I have to make a shorter plan. And second I did the calculation of energy cost for the son T-agro bulb at 400W, and I found that for two months I'll have to pay 80 euros...plus the purchase cost, for one plant is too much. I think I'll try for now, a dual spectrum CFL I found, and next time I'll go for bigger buds. %3coving%20it Any  comment is acceptable .
tiles View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote tiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 18:07
good luck with your new grow musicman %3cig%20smile

just done there northern lights auto last grow and was impressed with the results thats why i've just about finished a grow there with sensi skunk auto ( diary on the forum ) , again very good for my small space ( 1m2 )

dont water your plant every day let the soil dry out a bit and make the roots work and fill the pot

with you useing a clf you'll keep the hights down but you will have to train her as she will get big if you let her lol , look up low stress training ( LST )

anyhoo all the best buddie %3co%20high

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2015 at 18:21
Wow yeah with only 1 meter height you don't have a lot of room to play with.

Top the plant later in veg, just don't do it before the third node. It will help keeping the plant small.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>