purple haze white label

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cs70 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote cs70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: purple haze white label
    Posted: 13 November 2014 at 16:26
hey guys i have a question
i bought 10 female purple haze seeds from whitelabel,i grow it second time now the problem is,the girls stay first time in flowering for almost 90 days but the trichomes stop to develop after 70 days;the trychs are almost all milky but i dont see the amber trichomes ; and on the website they say it take 65 days max till harvest.
and the smoke wasnt so good like i expected .now my second run is in flowering 66 days and all hair is brown and leaves r dead it looks ready but trichomes r still clear and milky
no stress and no problems whats so ever for girls .
pls explain to me what happens SHOULD I CUT THE GIRLS?
best regards:
latewood View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote latewood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 09:21
You already know the answer to your frantic qustion.  Be patient.  Regardless of what the package said;  Your plants are not ready.  Be patient.  No amber means...No amber;  You know what that means?  Do not cu "The girls"!
cs70 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cs70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 12:55
hey man thx
but the thing is the last run i did the trichs would not change colour ,the girls was looking totally dead like brown leaves everywhere ,and they didnt drink so fast like before ,seems like they stop to develope,the point is they was looking ready but the high wasnt there
now i have second run 87days in flowering ,the girls are totally dead almost but there is still clear trichs
maybe pots are too small,i never had a problem during 8years of growing with pot sizes the roots dont develop after late flowering so pots not problem
i use organic biobizz soil and nutes
anyway i will wait lets see
i will let u know whats happening
best regards
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2014 at 06:14
Well, actually trichome colour change to amber (whilst the plant is still flowering) is an indica trait... many sativas stay clear to cloudy until after they are cut, dried and cured.

You mention flowering times, so I am wondering if you have counted the flowering from the first day of 12/12 lighting?  If you did, your count may be out by between 10-20 days.

When the plants are first exposed to 12/12 light they don't immediately begin to flower. There is a transition phase where the plants grow rapidly in size (sometimes called the stretch period) before flowering actually begins.

If you begin your count at the point where the plants first show distinct clusters of pistils, I think you will find your count much closer to the figure in the catalogue.

This is the most common reason for discrepancies in flowering time. If you did begin your count at the onset of pistil clusters you'll need to look at environmental factors.

I notice you say you haven't had trouble with the pots being too small before... but I wonder if you were growing plants that flower for a shorter period?

Sativa dominant plants continue to gain size after the initial stretch has finished, so they generally end up being larger plants and with that goes the need for a bigger pot to house the bigger root system.

A picture would really help, Charly has posted a guide to uploading images if you run into a problem LINK

What size pot have you been using (litres or gallons) and how tall are the plants by the time you harvest?
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
cs70 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cs70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2014 at 06:36
hi thx for help
so yeah i start flowering when girls are 15-20cm tall,they reach 90cm by the end of flower
the pots r 4 liter which was enough for indika plants same height
to make sure i examine the roots next time i cut
maximum i will buy bigger pots
so u say the sativa strain change trichs colour after cut and dried?
i do see amber trichs now but mostly is milky and some crystal
its my second sativa run in my life so have to figure out
i dont count the first week flower ,yes girls adapt
thx for info
best regards
 Post Reply Post Reply