1st grow, NL x Haze, RDWC Scrog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CrackerJackNoob View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote CrackerJackNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st grow, NL x Haze, RDWC Scrog
    Posted: 30 March 2014 at 08:47
Hello. I am having the pleasure of growing NL x Haze as a first timer. Heard lots about the lights, so we will see if she is a keeper. Easy germinating the seed, easy to nut unless, you are in the 1200+ppm :( My goal was potency and yield as why I picked the NL x Haze. Shorter flowering time means I would had to keep clones faster, switch faster, less time to grow huge plants vs SOG, etc. This might be a long post, but let me know what you think.

I started in aero. I couldn't sleep about tripping a huge plant in aero so I switch to DWC.
Germinated after Christmas. I  stunned the growth 3 times, over nut, Mg issues, and when i transport to the flower room I had another issues, Mg, nuts, etc etc. I flush only when there was a problem, most of it is my fault, lack of what to look for until after the fact. There was a few times it was growing too fast and I didn't know what the hell to do, so one one I topped and FIM every top. The other plant I keep FIMing the top and it just keep growing, Pinch the main stem like crazy, 3 times, got mad pint all the branches. Now it's on the slow and growing mode. 3 weeks in flower, didn't start budding until week 2 until I finally switched into flower nuts (next time I am switch to flower nuts same day). Final word, next time I am not growing like this. It has been a bitch. In week two it was so bushy (blocking lights), I defoliation leaves that was blocking the rest. Had to do this 3 times also. I will talk about how I would like to grow my next round later.

Time for photos, taken today.

First off the scrog net is 4.5ft. Embarrassing to not fell it up.
Plant 1

older pic but better view

Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote CrackerJackNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2014 at 08:54
Plant 2. Grew like a Christmas tree, I did not top until super later, 2 weeks before flowering. It does not grow as beautiful as the 1st one, the leaves never recover, same water and nuts. Grew great don't get me wrong, could had been better.

This plant the leaves jept looking like tacos, never fully rxpanding.

Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote CrackerJackNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2014 at 09:22
I'm working on my next grow already. I know a lot of people when scrogging like the short and stocky grow in veg (from reading). Not me, I want them tall and thin. When I flip them under the scrog they will fill out the net. Maybe not as dense but after the flip it should be dense, not super dense either to where I had my issues.

I am now leaving my light far, 20-24+" on my 400w mh. Topping them first vs FIMing, no more Christmas for me. Add in cfl for side light. LST, FIM as needed, supercrop only in flower since it takes a week for two for the plant to get situated in their new home. Last supercrop 3 days before the switch with scrog installed. No more than 600pmm for any veg or flower nuts, 200ppm CalMag, Mg as needed in flower. Simple. I realize it might not be possible to get them that big without CO2. I will veg longer, 1 month before adding it to 3 month of veg.

Topped today trying to keep top at 6" since the scrog net is 1ft away. THis has only sat in DWC for 10 days once it was root, transferring to coco cup and then dwc (no need for drippers)

These are all flowering clones. 21 NL x Haze, 3 WW. I hope they turn them into monster (monstercrop). Might do a SOG in one gal bucket.

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2014 at 16:26
Very interesting read Cracker.
What are you rooting the clones in before going DWC ?
My intention is to try scrog but it may not be with my current veg girls as they are in soil.
Going to put everything through flower then do a scrog maybe with barneys critical kush or may be sensi super skunk.
You have got me hooked for this thread to see what you do and how things pan out.
Good luck and have a nice day
Live and let live
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote CrackerJackNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 00:56
^I am using rapid root (similar, it came as a kit with my heated mat and dome). I honestly like these better than rockwool. Easier to maintain I think WITH the styrofoam. Doesn't matter to me in the end. I pull as much of the materials off as I can regardless, sometime damaging roots. As long as I can see root popping out, I transfer them to a 3" coco cup fill with coco. In the next three days, the roots are out of the coco cup. I thnn transfer it to hydro. No dipper needed. Roots out of cup in another 3 days into the hydro water anyways plus the bubble is acting like a dripper. This is so esay I am not switching to aero for cloning (it does look good). 100% rate as is already, open the hood 2x a day if I remember, foil feed first 3 days only and I have been using the same blade. I want to say I cut this one 6 days ago (fastest root I had have is 3 days and transfer into coco cup). I will transplant them into a pot later tonight (have many to transfer over). Since I am out of lid for hydro, I will be growing this in small pot and let them root bound controlling the height. Whenever I am ready for the best 6 to hydro, I will transplant them and they will explode in hydro (est 2 month down the line). That will be a total 2 month in a pot, 2 more month in hydro when those currently in hydro are moved to flowering. They will be getting left over light and they will be fine, IMO. So the 3 round, my plant will be a be at least 4 month and I plant to keep it like this with no mother. This way I will not need to invest in CO2. I may need to switch over to 10" net pot lid vs the 6" to fit bigger coco cup.

I took this earlier as I was wondering if it was time to transfer any of the clones.

I have so much clone, I don't know what I am going to do, lol. I don't have the space. It sounded like a good plan to just clone vs throwing them in the trash. Oh well, a sog underway.

1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2014 at 13:49
Hello CJN.
Your system seems very similalar to my own except i am useing jiffy plugs for the clones and once roots show i remove all traces of the plug then they go into a neoprene cap and into the DWC i use for clones.
Once there is good root development i transfer to 6 inch net pots but my clones usually take about 2 weeks to start showing roots out of the jiffy plugs.
Its a very nice system you have which you must be happy with.
Good luck with the SOG if thats what you end up doing with the clones.
You have a good day.
Live and let live
Hash Driveway View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Hash Driveway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2014 at 21:48
Audacious first grow, well researched it seems. Hope you're well rewarded.

Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote CrackerJackNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2014 at 08:13
^Thank you.

Taken tonight. I found 6" coco cup with a matching pot for the next grow. It will fit into the net pot lid.
THis plant is at 12" already, topped at 6-7". Next time I am leaving only 3 nodes after I trim everything. Those flower clones hasn't grew at all.

My Mother before I re-potted and flower. 4 top.

Right now. Day 16 of flower.

Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote CrackerJackNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2014 at 08:17
Flower room taken tonight. It's so dense inside the plant. Humidity at 50%. I would had perfer to have it filled the scrog with more space.

Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote CrackerJackNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2014 at 08:26
I did take pictures of the bush but it's so dense it looks like the red woods if I was an ant. If I had to guess, I think there is 30+ tops on the right plant and a bit less for the left one. I trashed about a 30 gallon bag of leaves and now I'm not even going to try again. The new one will fill up the space within 2 weeks and it will look like a forest again.

I think if the top gets fat, all the tops/colas/ would touch each other, I would have a mold problem. What I might do is add lines pulling branches outward towards the edge of the scrog to have more space.

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 10:55
That is a very tidy looking first grow Crackerjack.

The two week delay for flowers to appear after you change the lights to 12/12 is pretty normal. It's not be cause you changed the nutrients over that the plants started to flower.

Changing to a flowering formula at the very beginning of 12/12 will not make them flower faster. Most people stay with veg nutrients for the first couple of weeks because the plants still need quite a bit of nitrogen as they stretch into flower. Changing over to a flowering nutrient to early results in a lot of yellow leaves from lack of nitrogen.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 23:42
I also used to stick with veg feed until the stretch was over. However long that took. A lot of growers have yellow plants by 2 weeks into flowering by ditching high N Nutes. Mess up whole of flowering that way. Need green plants all way up to the flush imo.
Green-Thumb Growing
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote CrackerJackNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2014 at 08:10
Thank you Sarah and Solidopc. I wasn't sure if veg nuts played a role.
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote CrackerJackNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2014 at 08:25
A little update. Nothing new in the veg room. I am waiting for the buds to get big before I update some pictures from there. I'm at 5 weeks and 4 days into flowering.

I'm working on my veg and playing around. A lot of people is going to hate it and me, but I've been cutting off the big fan leaves. They have been blocking other plants and honestly, it has been doing just as good if not better. So far I'm not regretting it. 

Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote CrackerJackNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2014 at 08:45

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>