looking for advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
scooter59 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote scooter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for advice
    Posted: 27 March 2014 at 13:48
hello,
i am trying to learn how to grow and need advice on how to do it correctly. i am starting with rudralis skunk in buckets on the balcony. i dont know when to start or what to feed them or how to make them grow with a strong thc level.. heck i dont know a male from a female so i am totaly new to this... any advice is greatly appreciated..

thanks
scooter
Charly Sensi View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Charly Sensi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2014 at 14:22
Hi Scooter.
Welcome to the forum.
http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=496 here you have a topic on how to recognise male or female plants.
http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=494 this one is a basic cultivation guide. If you hang around in the FAQs, Indoor & Outdoor forums, you'll probably find all the answers to your questions & if not let me know.
Good Luck.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2014 at 10:50
Hi scooter, I see your account has now been upgraded. I hope to see you posting growing section of the forum soon.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
scooter59 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote scooter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2014 at 10:51
can someone suggest to me the easiest and best fertilizer to use and obtain from online purchasers.
thanks
scooter
Tyrone_Shoelaces View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tyrone_Shoelaces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2014 at 21:13
The market for decent growing nutrients is huge.  Some people swear by one brand while others will ridicule the use of it. 
If it's a first grow I would recommend keeping things simple.  Good quality soil, Canna A for the growth phase, Canna B for flowering phase and a simple P-K boost.
I personally do not use these because I have found my perfect mixture through experience and my personal preferences, also trade secrets my friend %3coving%20it
Lol I don't mean to be a dick but your first grow is like learning to walk, you'll fall, stumble and have some down right tantrums but it's all a learning curve.  Every grow you will improve I promise (if you have the dedication).
Start with these simple nutrients for now and when you harvest, you'll see where the improvements need to be made
It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
scooter59 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote scooter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2014 at 09:20
thanks for the info i did order online the simple one you suggested
thanks for the input
Tyrone_Shoelaces View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tyrone_Shoelaces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2014 at 22:53
No worries glad I could have been some help.  Add me to your buddy list if you like, I'll add you and if you run into any problems maybe I could help.
I only just noticed you are growing a Ruderalis Skunk.  Nice choice for a first grow and with it being auto-flowering you won't have to worry about photoperiods.

Oh yea and a male will develop small little pods or capsules along the branches of the plant that are full of pollen and the plants tend to look elongated compared to a female.
A female will shoot out very fine little hairs at the internodes of the plant which are white/almost transparent.  If you have feminised seeds they'll almost always be female so don't worry.  If not then its 50/50.  Get rid of any males, last thing you want is the females being pollinated because you won't achieve decent THC levels.
It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2014 at 23:15
Most common mistake new growers make is to be too fussy about the plants. It's no different from any plant. It will grow best left alone. If in soil you shouldn't need to feed until about week 3 or 4. Then you can start to add grow Nutes. I use to start on 2 ml per litre of bio buzz grow and in peak flowering around week 5 to 7 could be up to 6 or 7 ml per litre with some plants but most would top out at around 4 or 5 ml per litre. I'd judge how much by the amount of yellowing I'd see. If the plant keeps getting paler up the feed until it stops and gets green again. Just don't over water. Only water when you lift the pot and it feels like there's only a little weight left in the bottom. Cannabis doesn't like to be drenched. It's all learning though. I could write pages and pages for you but it wouldn't do as much good as getting a grow under your belt on your own. Your own experiences will guide you and like anything, the more you do it the better you become.
Green-Thumb Growing
scooter59 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote scooter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2014 at 15:37
hello,
can i ask you just one question.... is it possible for another plant that is not cannabis to pollinate my females like ever greens, and other high pollen plants..
thanks
scooter
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2014 at 11:13
No worries Scooter, only cannabis pollen can fertilise cannabis flowers and produce seeds.
scooter59 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote scooter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2014 at 13:46
thanks sarah,
for the help..
scooter
scooter59 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote scooter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2014 at 14:29
Hi Sarah,
I looked at your photos you are a very expeinced grower... now i would like to email you a photo of mine at 3 weeks old and you tell me if i am doing a good job or not. i tried to upload photos but for some reason my upload always says no can do but i can email them if i had a address to send them and then you could tell me if they look ok for this age.

thanks
scooter
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2014 at 09:48
No worries Scooter, I have sent you an address.

The problem you are having though is probably the size of the image. You will need to resize images to less than 250kb to be able to upload them. 
scooter59 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote scooter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 17:08
well i tried however 9 out of 10 turned out to be males... i was not happy i recomend to others out there do not plant ruderalis skunk... the seeds are not that good... now i have a back up plan which is early skunk feminised which i hope come to be better...
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 17:26
Originally posted by scooter59

well i tried however 9 out of 10 turned out to be males... i was not happy i recomend to others out there do not plant ruderalis skunk... the seeds are not that good... now i have a back up plan which is early skunk feminised which i hope come to be better...

hi scooter, i wouldnt be put off just because you only got 1 female from a pack of regular seeds... take cuttings then you have more than 10 if big numbers is what you need.. luckily i only need 2 plants max %3ceed%20leaf fingers crossed for my FJ il be so happy with a female
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>