Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains > Advice on Choosing a Strain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Latitude 59N What strain?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bamse92 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bamse92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latitude 59N What strain?
    Posted: 04 February 2014 at 11:46
Hello. So, am looking for a strain that would suit the Swedish climate at 59N I guess the only option here is to go for a Autoflowering type of strain. It will be grown outdoors, in soil, in the earth. Only germinated inside first.

What am looking for is a Sativa Dominant strain. But, can all Autoflowering strains here cope with though conditions/ cold/ humind conditions?

If you could direct me to some high yielding, high resistance to mold strains that can cope with humid conditions. Thank you.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2014 at 12:58
There are 4 sativa dominant strains in the catalogue that are suitable for colder climates.

Mexican Sativa, Early Pearl, Durban, and Jamaican Pearl.

Each of these strains is mostly sativa (between 70 and 90%) and flower in 50 to 75 days.

I can't guarantee that these strains will perform at 59N... they should be capable of flowering at 50N, but it will always depend on your particular micro climate.

There are some hybrids with a little more indica that might prove more suitable because of the shorter flowering time.

eg)

Early Skunk, Ruderalis Skunk, Early Girl.

These strains will flower in 45 - 65 days.

Not all of the automatic strains will do well in cold conditions... Ruderalis Skunk and Ruderalis Indica would be the most successful out of the auto's in a cold climate.

Other that, in an indica - Holland's Hope by White Label Seeds is a highly mould resistant strain.

I hope that helps you make a choice and all the best for the coming growing season. sara
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Bamse92 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Bamse92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2014 at 13:31
Thank you. Well, i have decoded on a couple of different danish/ swedish hybrids already. Should be good. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply