Northern Lights Automatic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2014 at 23:35
hi R and S ! for the grow and as you said it's why we choose sensi for the seed and this forum for tips and good adviceS for the grow.

enjoy your smoke ! best vibes from here ! in this place there is weed lovers !

BG

BG
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
RiffsAndSpliffs View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2014 at 06:41
Well I suppose I've kept everyone in suspense for quite some time. The harvest is certainly near. I would say it's flush time for about 7-10 days. I flush with a mixture of Aphrodite's Extraction and Herculean Harvest.

I took a peek at some of the trichomes today from different levels of the plant. The trichomes are fully formed, and 90% are milky. I saw no amber, but that should come in time... %3cool

The pictures you are seeing are of the tall, Sativa-phentoype Northern Lights Auto. The other NLA is short, squat, and looks just like a Northern Lights or a Skunk plant would look. Those pictures are to come when it's time, but I fear she's a 9-week plant.

Please excuse my amateur photos, and their size. They're being taken with a Canon PowerShot, which seems to have the hardest time with adjusting its exposure and focusing in high-lighting areas.

g3ru3tze1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote g3ru3tze1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2014 at 08:48
wow, fat bush there :) good job on keeping the plants healthy, mine looked really fucked up in this stage of growth xD
1966 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 1966 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2014 at 12:13
Looking very nice Mr Sliffs very nice indeed.
Enjoy.
Have a good day
Live and let live
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2014 at 05:28
Thanks for the good words, friends!

I am a bit surprised with the taller NLA phenotype. I think she's somewhere near the end of week 7, and is really starting to turn purple now. Most of the fan leaves have a hue of purple, if not halfway purple. The resin glands are all fully formed and milky with no sight yet of any amber.

The shorter NLA is a short, fat, bushy plant that doesn't have nearly the amount of resin as its taller sister. This one really reminds me of the Skunk #1 plants I've had previously. The nugs on it are very dense, but I'm a little disappointed with the resin production. I've said previously that I think this one is a 9-11 week plant, and I think that remains true, as I'm sure going into week 9 or 10 would show an increased development of resin.

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2014 at 02:54
Beautiful plants Riffs! 
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2014 at 03:16
Hey guys!

It's been a while. I've already harvested and cured. I don't have an exact weight, but I will let you know. I had to get a bigger scale with a bowl. I will also post pictures. It finished beautifully, with a wonderful purplish tint.

And because I'm the kind of grower who likes to put his money where his mouth is, I've had this round tested at the infamous Analytical 360 in Seattle, WA. The results can be found by clicking on this link.

If you're opposed to seeing the results or clicking on external links, it tested at 8.83% THC and .04% CBD (pathetically low).

Not impressed with the results on paper, but I LOVE the way it smokes. It tastes of a sweet floral note with hints of anise in the after taste. Results will vary depending on your flush and cure, though, so grower beware.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2014 at 05:49
A final count for the short, fat Northern Lights Auto is 218 grams (roughly 7.5 ounces). Just from the one plant.

The tall, Sativa phenotype weighed in at 140 grams (just under 5 ounces).
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 06:18
Those are very respectable harvest weights from autos Riffs, and also good to hear that NL is still a good smoke in an auto.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 21:14
hi riffs, missed this grow but great outcome, plenty to enjoy it seems.
what are you thinking of growing next ?
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 17:44
Hey there UKOne!

As of right now I have 5 Medi Haze seedlings growing. The seeds came from CBD Crew. This is why I haven't been posting in this forum - I believe that Sensi's forum should be dedicated to Sensi cultivars. If I'm not posting a Sensi cultivar grow log, I find an appropriate forum to post on, so I have a few different cannabis-related forum handles.

The market in the states is going towards CBD-rich cultivars, so one must be pre-emptive in order to survive the fiercely competetive market.
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 17:49
hi RAS, this year the sensi team "maybe" doing a competition for strains not belonging to sensi.. im sure a couple of pictures wouldnt hurt in this diary %3ceed%20leaf 
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 18:05
Assuming I entered and won said competition, I have to take two things into consideration:
  1. The competition is only valid for Sensi cultivars.
  2. The prizes include 300, 200, or 100 Euros worth of seeds from the Sensi store. Sensi can't send me seeds. I live in the USA.
Considering I'm not currently growing any Sensi cultivars, I don't qualify for the competition nor would I enter it. If I enetered and won, someone else who is able to claim the prizes wouldn't have a fair chance.
Charly Sensi View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Charly Sensi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 12:57
Hi R&S.
The current competition is, as you said, only valid for Sensi Strains but we will have another one where everyone, no matter the strains they're growing, will be able to participate( I think it's going to be probably Most Resinous Bud or Most Impressive Bud, I'll confirm you when I'll be sure).
However, unfortunately, we can not send you seeds in the USA at the moment, and in case you would win, you would have to spend your prize in any products we have on the website but seeds. It unfortunately happened already in a previous contest, winner was in Canada.
However, if you want to post a grow log from any cultivar, please feel free to do so(or not, choice's all yours)
Talk to You soon.
Charly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123