Northern Lights Automatic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RiffsAndSpliffs View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2014 at 19:45
Originally posted by sarah louise

Granted we don't know how the seeds have been stored and handled by the reseller and that may have influenced the viability of the seed.

I couldn't agree any more, and believe me, this is where I'd be pointing the finger. I know Sensi wouldn't release a cultivar that didn't have higher than 90% germination rates. %3cool

Just another day for the NLA. I'd say they're about  3" tall. Still just watering while in the 1-gallon pots. I've added a picture of the NLA next to the White Widow and Power Plant seedlings for comparison.

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 05:36
High everyone!

Since the last update, I've transplanted the NLA into 6-gallon pots. They're in a mixture of Roots Organics' B2, Fox Farms' Ocean Forest, and Roots Organics' Marine Green. Because the mixture is very rich with nutrient charge, I am only watering them for the time being.

They're just slightly over 9-10". The very top node has just displayed pistils, so I'm wondering if they've already started their flowering cycle.

Enjoy the pictures for now! I'll update again soon.

Defluxtor View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Defluxtor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 10:21
Nice progress there R & S they are looking pretty healthy. Bummer about the losses but hey that's life. I'll be keeping an eye on this one as I sprouted some seeds around the same time (14 th Dec.) and suffered a few set backs now down to 3 seedlings from 3 varieties (Nice Chunk , Super Deluxe , Marion Davies ). What is the unit behind the bottom pic with the leaf on the label ? Cheers ENO.
Wait long by the river and the bodies of you enemies will float by....then smile
g3ru3tze1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote g3ru3tze1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2014 at 20:34
Originally posted by RiffsAndSpliffs

They're just slightly over 9-10". The very top node has just displayed pistils, so I'm wondering if they've already started their flowering cycle.

Well since they are automatic, you can't really know right? But my non-auto NL#5xHaze had those too in the vegetative phase...
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 03:52
Originally posted by Defluxtor

Nice progress there R & S they are looking pretty healthy. Bummer about the losses but hey that's life. I'll be keeping an eye on this one as I sprouted some seeds around the same time (14 th Dec.) and suffered a few set backs now down to 3 seedlings from 3 varieties (Nice Chunk , Super Deluxe , Marion Davies ). What is the unit behind the bottom pic with the leaf on the label ? Cheers ENO.

Thanks for the kinds words. The object in the picture is just an air conditioner. It's "eco-friendly" because it uses a certain kind of refrigerant.

Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 03:56
Originally posted by g3ru3tze1

Well since they are automatic, you can't really know right? But my non-auto NL#5xHaze had those too in the vegetative phase...

I'm only guessing they've started the flowering cycle because the top node started displaying pistils yesterday. Of course I'll never know for certain, but they're still under an 18/6 light cycle too. I had some auto-flowering varieties outdoors before (which were stolen), but they didn't get much taller than 16" and they were pretty healthy.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 05:16
They look to be around the right number of nodes to begin flowering...

all the best, sara
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 05:50
Originally posted by sarah louise

They look to be around the right number of nodes to begin flowering...

all the best, sara

Thanks, Sara! I just checked on them and the taller of the two is now displaying pistils on the top three nodes. The smaller plant is displaying pistils on its top two nodes. The room that they're in is a full-spectrum room on vegetative timing, which has the (White Label) White Widow and Power Plant, in addition to two mother CBD Crew Nordle plants that I'm going to flower.

I'm moving at the end of March, so this will be my last grow for several months. I've gotta make it count. %3cry
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 13:09
All the best for a cracking harvest then and I hope the move goes smoothly for you. :D
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2014 at 23:33
Here are some night time photos. I find them much easier to view than the red-washed "daytime" photos, even after a Photoshopping.

I'd say they're about a week into flower, judging by the growth rate at the top node.

More to come, in time! %3coving%20it

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2014 at 00:51
Lovely :D
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2014 at 07:52
Quick picture update. The Northern Lights Auto in the pictures where there are multiple plants are the two in the middle. One of them is the tallest plant in my garden! The other is short and squat. They're both doing wonderfully, but I fear they may have suffered a bit of a shock when I transplanted them into the Ocean Forest / B2 mix. With as much of a charge is in that dirt, they should've probably only been fed water. A foliar treatment and a root drench should help see them through the following weeks!

RattlesnakeGR View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RattlesnakeGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2014 at 22:33
great pics!
I've started growing one myself couple days ago.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2014 at 13:00
Still looking good Riffs,
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 22:05
I can't say that I'm very pleased with the results of these genetics so far.

To start, only 2/5 seeds germinated. The two plants that I do have are different phenotypes. If the genetic stability rate were 95%, that means 950/1000 seeds will be the same phenotype, so let's just go out on a limb and say that I have one of those rare 50 plants that display different traits. That plant is the tallest plant I have in my garden. It looks like a Sativa.

Assuming (because its an autoflower and nobody can really say when it started flowering) that this plant is in week 6, I have NEVER seen a plant with buds this thin and wispy in my life.

The second plant, which is shorter and actually looks like a Northern Lights plant, is doing just fine.

Unfortunately, I don't have much good to say about the NLA. The poor germination rates and the different phenotypes (out of two seeds), and the unpredictable growth is more than enough to make me not want to grow these seeds again. But then I recieved two private messages in my Inbox telling me that these particular growers (who are very active on this forum) had unsuccessful attempts at growing this particular cultivar. I agree with them wholeheartedly.

I cannot stand behind this cultivar, and I really fear that Sensi has taken a huge swing and got a big miss on the NLA. Poor germination rates (from many growers) and different phenotypes (when the genetic line has been purportedly stabilized) will make me pass on the NLA.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>