great grass no smell ??????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
marty12345 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: great grass no smell ??????
    Posted: 05 November 2013 at 00:11
hi all.
ive been growing some good grass lately all sorts of strains
there veging and flowering fine for indoor grow but late on in the flowering stage they don't smell very strong...... a nice smell up close but don't realy stink the room out and its only small very small....
when I cut them I dry them out in boxes ive made up there just a soft wood frame pine I think with a hard board top and bottom but after a day or two they just smell like nothing but smoke fine and its 9 times out of 10 ??????? I dry at 20c at floor level in my grow rooms for 4 to 5 days....not the biggest problem in the world but cant help thinking stronger smell stronger stone........................
cheers guys.................
idolstalker View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote idolstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2013 at 12:19
show picture of the buds... then we can say what wrong...
marty12345 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 18:55
cheers idolstaiker ill try get some up later
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 20:32
Hi marty the flavor and smell has a lot to do with the drying, handling and curing of the bud, it's something well worth doing some research on and eventually you will get it sorted! For a start I think 4-5 days drying is not enough, 10 - 14 days is what it usually takes my plants to dry. You will know it's dry when you bend a stem and it 'snaps' broken. I always have a fan for air circulation in the room where it's drying, or an open window, but don't have it blowing directly on the buds.

When buds are dry put them in a jar, sweet tin, tub, whatever you use, and for the next week open the jar at least once a day, move the buds around a bit and close it again, after that your buds should be ready to smoke or leave to age/cure for an improved smell and taste.

That's about all I can think of at the moment! Hope it helps!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
J.B. Walton View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote J.B. Walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2013 at 08:22
A low humidity and good ventilaton reduces smell.
NEW HASH PICTURES In the photogallery!them. New law march 2015: if you have a grow question then send me a private message.
I will give no grow info in public anymore.
 Post Reply Post Reply