Industrial Hemp > Sensi Seeds > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WA State Legal Cannabis Thread - Latest News Here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RiffsAndSpliffs View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WA State Legal Cannabis Thread - Latest News Here!
    Posted: 20 March 2013 at 21:19
I know most people don't hear anything about what's going on in my neck of the woods, so I've decided to start my own thread, hoping that it sheds some light on the legalization of cannabis not only in my state, but policies regarding cannabis legalization in the USA and hopefully, worldwide.

The latest news as of yesterday, was that our new "head honcho" for the legal WA state cannabis industry has been chosen. He is UCLA's Mark Kleiman, Professor of public policy and his firm, Botec Analysis Corp.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2013 at 18:02
Have a laugh, its on me!

Seattle Police Department issues admonishment letters to black market pot dealers.
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2013 at 21:04
Riffs that is funny
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 14:10
Rep. Denny Heck, D-Olympia, who initially opposed Initiative 502 and later supported it, is working to change laws so that federally regulated banks and credit unions can provide services to state sanctioned growers, processors and retailers.

For the record, I too voted AGAINST I-502, as a medical marijuana patient, because I staunchly oppose the draconian DUI laws with drawing blood samples from people suspected of DUI of marijuana, with a "proven" intoxication level of 5ng/ml of THC in your blood.

Every human responds differently to cannabis, as we do to alcohol or any other pharmaceutical drug.

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2013/04/07/2494875/next-up-beginning-reforms-of-federal.html#storylink=cpy
PetrolSS View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote PetrolSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2013 at 18:00
Colorado actually placed a constraint on the DWI law. If you can prove to the judge that you aren't intoxicated at the level which was tested in your blood, charges are dropped
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 03:15
Now, all licenses are being issued December 1st, as opposed to the previous timeline of producers getting their business licenses in summer, and processors acquiring theirs in autumn.

Additionally, recreational pot won't be available until Spring 2014 (at the earliest)
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 04:04
Ever since I-502 became law in Washington State, the lawmakers have been looking at taxing recreational marijuana.They've been hosting forums with hundreds in attendance to ask for advice from the community.

I suppose they've decided on a 25% tax for recreational marijuana, with some politicians also looking to tax medical marijuana.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 16:56
Our Justice Department has been getting hammered over all kinds of scandals in the news recently; there's been the Benghazi fiasco, and lately, our IRS was caught auditing conservative groups with the words "patriot" or "tea party" in their names.

The attorney general Eric Holder was in front of the House Judiciary Committee this week, answering for the IRS scandal, when a representative Steve Cohen (D- Tenn.) started grilling him about marijuana prohibition. Watch the minute-long video.

Representative Cohen was probably referencing this cease-and-desist order that the DEA sent to 11 Seattle medical marijuana dispensaries, telling them to close.

It seems that the representative may have been hinting at why the Justice Department is persecuting legal medical marijuana states when it has the Benghazi, IRS audits, and unwarranted wiretapping of at least 20 AP reporters to answer for.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote RiffsAndSpliffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 01:34
As of January 1st, 2015, WA MMJ patients take some major losses due to the implementation of I-502.

• We will no longer be allowed to grow 15 plants per patient. We'll only be allowed to have 6 plants - 3 flowering, and three non-flowering.
  • We can no longer possess 24 ounces at any given time. We'll be authorized 3 ounces.
  • Cooperative gardens are being eliminated entirely.
  • All patients must register with the Department of Health as a MMJ patient. [This gives you tax-free access to the 'recreational' stores charging $12-15/g.]
  • Any patient with a care provider must register their provider with the Department of Health.
Here's wishing all WA MMJ growers out there good luck and bountiful harvests over the next year!
J.B. Walton View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote J.B. Walton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2014 at 21:18
I didnt and dont expect that any government will make weed legal to satify the citizens wants.
What is the price for weed in those legal shops?
I think it will be illegal again.
Its the profit that counts for the government.
You can produce weed for 1 2 or 3 dollar per gram.
That will be good bizniz any 'criminal' can sell for 2 3 or 4 dollar.
I guess prices in the legal shops will be 10 or more..
There is only one way and that is stop criminalising the grower with 5 6 or 10 plants.
Than trade stops. After that the best can start shops.

NEW HASH PICTURES In the photogallery!them. New law march 2015: if you have a grow question then send me a private message.
I will give no grow info in public anymore.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2014 at 21:33
You might think the DUI laws are draconian in WA, here testing is by saliva swab... any trace of cannabis in your mouth while behind the wheel and you're busted and will likely get a follow visit from piggies with warrants to check for drugs in your home.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
 Post Reply Post Reply