purple haze

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: purple haze
    Posted: 18 March 2013 at 14:28
I am growing a purple haze. It is a feminised seed from sensi. This is a cutting from my first attempt with this plant. Unfortunately i had to cull the mother as their was a neighbour problem. Having re-engineered the grow environment i have been growing this plant for some some time. I will be uploading a photo later when the lights come on. I have previously grown indicas without problem and apart from a single super lemon haze this is my first real experience with the sativas. My self assessment is that i did not feed this plant sufficiently. I flushed it and then i got some more leaf growth and decided to feed it again with a very weak feed which was built up slowly. The leaf growth is very strange but the calyx development appears good. My initial conclusions are that as the plant is much bigger than the indicas that it needs more water and feed. My theory is that as I underfed it it has slowed its life cycle down towards that which would occur in nature. As i re started the feed it has then increased its rate of development. However i am worried about the abundant leaf development and the shape of these leaves. I am not sure how many days or weeks? will be needed before i can crop it. Any help will be appreciated.
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 14:57
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2013 at 17:51
trying to upload imagekeep failing
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2013 at 05:04
The most common reason for an upload to fail is size... if the image is over 250 KB it wont load.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 11:15
 Hello sarah.  I am actually growing the PH indoors but i am in the wrong area. My problem is that the flowering period keeps going on. I am growing fem variety from sensi. I have a theory that i would like to put to you for your opinion. This is my second attempt with the PH i have considerable experience with the indicas and my first attempt with PH was cut short as I had to cut down earlyas i had a security threat to the grow. I folloed the guideline for the flowering time on this occaision and flushed when i thought i should do so. I now think that i should have trusted my instinct as the plant was not ready at the estimated time.  It is a cutting from my previous attempt so i expected it to flower early as the mother was germinated in October. It was established under 2 12 cfl, topped then placed under a 600 watt HPs for 12/12. Having flushed and observed that it was not ready to be harvested i slowly re-introduced nutrients and the plant grew many new leaves. The buds have then developed further with new trichomes spreading out on top of the new foilage. It is now April. Itg has been under 12/12 since December 24th. I have 6 main colas each suspended on wire at an angle of 45% to the light. The light side is forming buds growing vertically towards the light. The new foilage is very dark green. Much of the new foilage consists of small leaves but there are some larger leaves of the same eliptical shape 3 cms. The stems are purple but the leaf is remains dark green except for yellowing at tips. I suspect a nute deficiency of nitrogen.  My theory is that as this is a large plant it needs more water and nute than indica. I am using Canna products (oh it is in soil) I am getting very concerned as to when to harvest as the new buds are producing the the THC but are obviously behind the earlier growth which is mainly bronze in colour. It is causing a log jam in that i have already had to place 4 cuttings in the flowering tent. I have some babies in the veg tent and the propagating tent that i use for drying is pretty small. I do not want to repeat mistakes and apart from an impending forced decision on when to harvest I would like to grow the PH agaain. Should I in your opinion be more cavalier with nutrients with sativas. They are obviously bigger than indicas. Canna suggest 50ml of Flores and 40 ml Boost per 10 litres of water on their containers and i am thinking that this is perhaps not appropriate advice.  I will try again with the pics. I did use small file size versions
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 11:21
tried without luck
obsessive View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote obsessive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2013 at 11:30
MY THEORY
U cannot alter the genetics. I am altering the light regime. Genetics dominates light. The plant will attempt to follow its normal growth cycle. The less i add nutrients to feed growth it will be more likely to try and grow as it would in the natural environment from which it evolved. theRefore i should exert maximum pressure to shorten the life cycle and increase nutrient feed in sativas above that which is suited to  indica strains that have been designed primarily by human interaction and the need to develop a plant specifically for indoor growth. Any opinion?
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 11:18
Sativas generally need less feeding than indicas rather than more feeding.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 17:49
and they flower better on a 11/13 cycle or 10/14. have you checked for light leaks?
ANDWHAT
l0ld4ve View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote l0ld4ve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2013 at 04:42
Yeah, sativas eat relatively little. They also take longer to flower. I prefer to trim and lst 'em so they won't grow too out of hand.
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 14:51
great! have you somes pics ? please...
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
 Post Reply Post Reply