NO....Bugs in my grow!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
keagrowa View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Online Status: Offline
  Quote keagrowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NO....Bugs in my grow!!
    Posted: 15 March 2006 at 13:35

To my surprise i started noticing that sum of my beautiful fan leaves had these tiny spots on them where its almost as if the green surface skin has been removed from it. Very tiny spots. About the size of a pin head sum twice the size. Then i noticed a bit of dust in the leaf`s vein(about half the size of this dash - ), like in the fold of the leave, i blew it lightly and to my surprize it didnt blow off but ran away and stopped 2inches further,Im like WTF and i get my magnify lens to look at my live dust. So its almost see thru to white in color,slightly shiny. long body with small legs on the sides Maybe 6/8 legs. I also noticed blackish marks next to the light spots on a leaf

5 years indoor growin and ive never had a bug so im slightly freaked out.Actually im completely freaked out.

I investigated the other plants and noticed mor of those tiny lighter spots on the leaves but couldnt see mor than 3 bugs,they are so small.all three were on the same plant.

I got 6.5 weeks left to harvest.

DOes anybody recognise these things from my description and can anyone recommend sumthing. do these things reproduce at frightning rates,do they kill plants.Should i use insecticide(i hate insectiside) or try an stick it thru.

Ive had bugs on outdoor plants ,but its normally worms wrapping them selves in leaves so its easy to spot an remove.

HELP!!

Thanks

Keagrowa

biothumbs View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote biothumbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 04:52
ok this almost for sure sounds like spidermites and they are a pain in the ass, firstly hygene is most inportant make sure everything is clean and disinfect your grow room often, there are chemical based mytacides available that do the job, but first try to make their environment uncomfortable try regular spray of cold water they hate the cold, it wont kill them but will piss em off enough to go somewhere else, or try either white oil, withholds for 1 day or pyrethrim ( organic ) these both kill on contact but do not kill the eggs, remember to spray again in about 5 days as this is when the eggs if any will hatch.
good luck
bio
keagrowa View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote keagrowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 16:26

Thanks for the reply.Will defo geton it asap.

Thanks

KG

Post Reply Post Reply